Preview by PC Games

+
Preview by PC Games

So, i just put the whole damn thing into Google Translator, so be warned, i'm too lazy now to correct everything, if you don't get something, gimme a reply and i look it up then.

Edit: Also if the mods think this wasn't such a good idea, well, delete the thread.

---------------------------------------

A bit bigger, a little fancier, to 'a handful of new features on top of it - it wouldn't need much more to please the Witcher fans, but CD project has other plans for The Witcher 3. They don't just want to repeat the success of the second part, but surpass it so radical than the previous work that ones seem like better tutorials. That something can go wrong, CD Projekt does know that, there are sufficiently chilling examples of bloated sequels. To prove that behind The Witcher 3 is more than just an obsession, CD project provided us with a visit with some developers. Included in the package: an early, but already great executable build of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.
Marek Ziemak, gameplay producer, begins to speak: "Our dream was to combine a story heavyweight like The Witcher 2 with a completely open world, of course, we knew that this would be really difficult.". Maciej Szczesnik, senior gameplay designer sets, according to eagerly: "We believe that this has no one ever tried yet."
"That's why we change our philosophy, our goal a little", continues Marek. "We're still making a dark, story-intensive game, but it's just now also an open Word Game - and that affects every aspect of the game."

Geralt's
last adventure
The Witcher 3 will be the final chapter of CD project RPG trilogy - the grand finale around the white-haired mutant and monster slayer Geralt of Rivia. The developer promises a more personal story, dealing again with more Geralt himself and thereby clarify many questions should, after part 2 had more political issues and power games between the Northern Kingdoms. The foundation of this lavishly decked mythology is again the Witcher series of novels by Andrzej Sapkowski. As with its predecessors, the Polish author was not directly involved in the game again, so the story comes back completely from CD Projekt.
After the exhausting events of The Witcher 3 Geralt has regained his memory and is on the run to finally fulfill his heart's desire: Geralt wants to rescue his great love, the sorceress Yennefer, from the clutches of the mysterious wild hunt - those ghostly horsemen, already appeared in its predecessors and are now playing a central role in Geralt's last adventure. And as befits a good Witcher game, Geralt search will pull also far-reaching consequences for the country, its people and the political network between the nations after themselves - tricky choices and consequences are therefore still the guidelines in The Witcher 3.
Therefore the authors of CD project also prepares an exciting stage: As indicated in the finals of the previous games the war is going on in The Witcher 3. The power-hungry empire of Nilfgaard is again invading the Northern Kingdoms and scatter there terror. All this is done independently of the decisions that have been made ​​in the second part: It is true that PC gamers can import their old save game, but that has rather an impact on secondary characters (like Geralt's part-time girlfriend Triss Merigold), but not on the overall story.
The reason: The Witcher 3 plays in three all-new zones, in which the events of its predecessor are just minor. One of these is No Man's Land, a desolate land, which is reminiscent of the outer areas of the first part - here are the terrible consequences of war be particularly visible. Geralt will also visit the huge city Novigrad, the largest city in Sapkowski book.
The third major game area is Skellige Islands, an island group, recalls the strong Nordic-harsh climate, with its Viking tribes in the setting of Skyrim. Here begins our gameplay presentation.

At the beginning of the demo the witcher is still in the woods, in the literal sense: Around Geralt himself nicely sculpted trees lined up facing dim light falls through the canopy, detailed bushes and grasses adorn the lavishly textured soil. The graphics are so far "only" like beautiful as in The Witcher 2, but that will soon change: CD project is currently working to make the engine fit for DX11 and to add as many effects and enhancements, so you should recognize the game at release next year barely anymore. But even now, with the old DX9 renderer, the graphics
make a very good impression. Even the weather system contributes to the dense atmosphere: Fine realistic animated snow whirls through the air and clouds are so believable in the dark sky along that we assume that it could erupt at any moment a storm (which would incidentally actually possible). As Geralt of a cliff rising and wander from there your gaze, we have to fight the temptation to snatch the developers of hand mouse and keyboard: Before Geralt extends to a vast empire. The tremendous foresight gives a view to distant forests and mountains, all of which are reachable for the hero. The game world of The Witcher 3, namely first freely explorable, there are no levels, acts defined zones or more. And is not it all: "Our game world is about 30- to 40-times bigger than The Witcher 2," Marek says proudly. We throw doubting glances to the young man, but he is unimpressed by that: "Such comparisons are, of course, never really exactly, but on the current state of our world it is about 30 percent bigger than Skyrim"
Thus, Geralt doesn't get his heel sore, there are now mounts in The Witcher 3, which can travel much faster at greater distances. Horses can either be bought from merchants or just search for a wild horse in the nature, you can tame it with the conviction Axii-spell that was already introduced in earlier Witcher games. But even without a mount Geralt is now much more flexible and dynamic on the move, because the control has been completely redesigned: Geralt can climb and jump the first time, artificial boundaries as in the previous game are no more.

Three different epilogues
While Geralt on the back of his (still bumpy animated) little horse rides through the woods, we see that much more life is into the game world than before. We spot wandering wild animals, you can hunt, for example, to gain leather, which can then exchange at face value to traders. We also meet on NPCs that might ask us for help, such as when once again attacking a bandit group or a predator furor in the flock of a shepherd - such events will dynamically appear in the game world, without ready-made scripts. Also, it is different than in previous it will be always possible to return to former places. You might want to even ignore parts of the main quest, because that decision is considered and will affect the outcome of the story. Apropos: The game will culminate in three epilogues which include one hour each time. Furthermore 36 different "states" of the world are planned - depending on Geralt's decisions the war against Nilfgaard will run differently. But CD project already claimed strongly the same thing in The Witcher 2 with diverse courses of action, even though the game just end up significantly weakened, those promises have yet to be treated with caution.

100 hours Quests
A large game world alone does not satisfy one, because it must be well filled. Reluctantly we remember some areas in The Witcher 2, which turned out quite big and beautiful, but also sorely empty. So that in The Witcher 3 not go wrong, CD project now promises all interesting places in the game world, which are often already make out from a distance. For example, we see in our presentation, a lighthouse on the horizon - there we could now ride and look around for enemies and treasures, but especially by motivating quests, because of which it is intended, according to CD Projekt gives much more than its predecessors: set 50 hours the developers only for the main story to be added, there are 50 hours of side quests with dialogues, characters and decisions. The latter are to confront the player as usual morally tricky situations, which reveal the consequence of a decision often later. A faction system

Awesome! Thanks a lot for this!

My skepticism is lessened, though it's too early for it to go away completely.
One thing that I did like, that may seem trivial but it's the first time they did it, is give TW2 recognition as a story heavy weight. Most of their comments had been how they are changing from TW2, so them showing that masterpiece recognition and knowing that story is the most important thing of the series is reassuring.

Sounds awesome. Thanks for the translation. It seems they plan to have everything I ever hoped for. Now the most difficult part - to wait for TW3 to be released. ;)

Kallelinski said:
Don't ask me what "Organschänder" means, something like "Organdemolisher" :p/>

almost in-translatable.

organ-defiler/-ravisher/-...

does "Organschänder" come from that article? I'll read it tomorrow but imho it would be a fairly harsh invention of a word.

Kallelinski said:
Yeah, it does. It's not even a german word, something new like Gammelfleisch :p/>/>/>

I know. but seriously it's more than a bit over the top imho.

seeing that "schänden" has a very distinct meaning and tone that would make the whole "sexism" thread look like kindergarden talk, so I'm a bit ... surprised they'd use that particular terminology.

and I'd disagree with the gammelfleisch comparison.

Thanks a lot for the article! A fantastic read. Now I want the game even more! This is fucking unbearable :( I just cannot wait!

For the sake of puns and sanity, I propose we translate "Organschänder" as "organ grinder".

Awesome, thanks for translating that :D Now that I see the full context, I think the monster hunting sounds really cool, more like being a Witcher and doing actual Witcher work compared to the first two games. I'm also glad that apparently Triss will react to decisions from the imported save, so maybe she'll finally get the hint and leave me alone :p

Overall everything sounds fantastic, but I'm a little worried because of how ambitious it all is. I truly hope that they have enough time and resources to properly implement everything that they intend to.

CD Projekt strongly expects to drive future PC hardware to their limits.

I'm happy but my PC is crying I hope the DX9 version will work on my PC (or the DX10 version if there is one). I'm not planning to upgrade my PC yet and I was totally happy with the TW2 graphics and how that ran on my PC, so if I can get similar graphics and performance from TW3 then I'll be thrilled :D And of course the DX11 improvements will give me something to look forward to when I replay it a few years later :D.

WardDragon said:
Awesome, thanks for translating that
Now that I see the full context, I think the monster hunting sounds really cool, more like being a Witcher and doing actual Witcher work compared to the first two games. I'm also glad that apparently Triss will react to decisions from the imported save, so maybe she'll finally get the hint and leave me alone
Thought the same :p

WardDragon said:
Overall everything sounds fantastic, but I'm a little worried because of how ambitious it all is. I truly hope that they have enough time and resources to properly implement everything that they intend to.

The editor says exactly the same at the end of the article, but he says it looks good so far, so if the rest of the game will be like that, why not?

WardDragon said:
I'm happy but my PC is crying
I hope the DX9 version will work on my PC (or the DX10 version if there is one). I'm not planning to upgrade my PC yet and I was totally happy with the TW2 graphics and how that ran on my PC, so if I can get similar graphics and performance from TW3 then I'll be thrilled
And of course the DX11 improvements will give me something to look forward to when I replay it a few years later

Well, they want to push our future pc hardeware to their limits, take it for whatever it means.

excellent read many thanks!

The last line definitely QFT

and for those who were pissed on the UI, this time they have really listened to everything we said. 2 UIs, with the PC one with huge extras. Boy that is something!

Sorry if this had been posted before. Here is a link with a very nice interview from PCGAMES INTERVIEW, please use google translator for the english version.
And also some preview from PCGAMES in the original german language PREVIEW

Top Bottom