Quest Bug - Dirty Funds

+
Indeed, we have some serious issues my OCD brother... Guess its GTA Online and DA:Inquisition for a while... xD

Dirty Funds is probably the only quest that is bugged in your game. In my game Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear is bugged too, so I have 2 quests that are open in my journal. 1 quest was too much for me to continue the game, 2 quests: not in a million years. What also sucks is that the latter quest gives really good armour.

Dirty Funds is probably the only quest that is bugged in your game. In my game Scavenger Hunt: Viper School Gear is bugged too, so I have 2 quests that are open in my journal. 1 quest was too much for me to continue the game, 2 quests: not in a million years. What also sucks is that the latter quest gives really good armour.

I had them treasure hunts glitched too, but they somehow completed themselves yesterday... Dirty Funds is still there though...

Did you get the armour/diagrams from those quests?

Yes... I believe some of it appeared under the bridge only after reading some papers... as I explored there before but didn't found the item first...

Checked for you... From that Viper Hunt... It was Serpentine Steel and Silver sword diagrams...

Last edited:
The two treasure hunting quests known as 'Deserter Gold' and 'Dirty Funds' will not even activate if you cleaned the treasure areas before find the documents. If you clean before read, but at least get them previously, the quests will also glitch, staying in your journal forever as unfinished.

In my case they aren't even activated, because I got the documents after cleaning the final areas and looting the chests. :'(

PLEASE, make these fixes retroactive. :D

I only saw this a few hours after I cleared the camps, so going back is not an option. This is supposed to be my second, completionist playthrough too... ETA on a retroactive fix? The open journal entry is killing me :(

I'm still not playing cause of this... Is there any chance this will be fixed soon? I cannot continue with unfinished quest....

Ha great, they're aware but it's still not fixed... how long before this quest and the Apiarian Phantom is fixed then? Months?

Same issue here. I looted the area first then found the letter. Now the Quest remains in my Treasure Hunts and is prompting me to read the Scrawled Note, which I have. It'd be great if I could read the note and the quest would auto complete.

Well, the 1.05 patch did not fix that bug either. Tough life for us with OCD :/
Indeed... also it is rly annoying that they don't update us... despite several people asking them on this...

I mean come ON, my friends already finished the fucking game and I'm still in the first area waiting for this quest to be fixed!!!!
What did I pay for? I did not pay for a fucking waiting game!!!
Fix this shit or give me a refund on the game and season pass I've got for it...

It's literally been WEEKS NOW!!! and 2 PATCHES GONE TROUGH!!!
FIX THIS AS THIS IS MAKING ME FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have also fallen victim to this bug, but I'm not up in arms about it. It will probably be fixed in a patch eventually. Today's patch removed 2 failed quests for me I think.

Indeed... also it is rly annoying that they don't update us... despite several people asking them on this...

I mean come ON, my friends already finished the fucking game and I'm still in the first area waiting for this quest to be fixed!!!!
What did I pay for? I did not pay for a fucking waiting game!!!
Fix this shit or give me a refund on the game and season pass I've got for it...

It's literally been WEEKS NOW!!! and 2 PATCHES GONE TROUGH!!!
FIX THIS AS THIS IS MAKING ME FUCKING INSANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or you could just, you know, play the game? It will be fixed in the future, no need to go nerdrage over it

I have also fallen victim to this bug, but I'm not up in arms about it. It will probably be fixed in a patch eventually. Today's patch removed 2 failed quests for me I think.

Or you could just, you know, play the game? It will be fixed in the future, no need to go nerdrage over it

Well unfortunately my OCD does not let me do that!!! And as I mentioned THIS IS MAKING ME FUCKING INSANE!!!
The struggle is real... you just don't get it... and yes I saved where I left and won't move an inch from the quest spot until it's DONE and believe me I really really want to continue on this game...

Last edited:
Figured I'd pop in and say that I've also been hit by a bug in this quest. I don't have the letter (I did off-load some books and such, however I opened everything twice beforehand to ensure I'd read everything, so the quest should have updated even if I did accidentally sell it) and the chest that contains the item isn't lootable. I'm sure CDPR has bigger fish to fry, but it's been three weeks since Gingernatt's post, so even just an update would be most appreciated.

Last edited:
This isn't the only occasion something like this happens. If you inadvertently do something out of order in the game, such as exploring and completing certain ? markers or part of a quest out of sequence, you will fail or miss the quest altogether. For what is supposed to be an open world game where you should be able to do anything you wish to in any order as it occurs, comes across as extremely sloppy game design.

I failed Gangs of Novigrad because I did something else prior to the quest, and Dirty Funds and the Viper Armour Treasure Hunt quests are locked for me as well.

What I don't understand are side quests unlocking at 6-8 levels below the main quest I've just completed, denying me the possibility of gaining XP to level up.

It's a great and fun game, but some of the bugs, glitches and shoddy game design make me want to bash the developers' heads against a brick wall until they come to their senses..They were probably on the vodka or rectified spirits when they were coding the game. (Only joking, dev guys, you have done a almost-masterpiece game)...

Top Bottom