Questions about wounding

+
Questions about wounding

I have 2 questions. I hope to get a response from someone from cdpr or someone who has actually tested this in kts.

1. Does weather count as wounding?
2. Is wounding permanent? meaning does it decrease the original value?so for instance if a unit with 6 value(wounded) gets weathered and then clear weather is played will it go back to 6 or what its value was before the wounding?

I have 2 questions. I hope to get a response from someone from cdpr or someone who has actually tested this in kts.

1. Does weather count as wounding?
2. Is wounding permanent? meaning does it decrease the original value?so for instance if a unit with 6 value(wounded) gets weathered and then clear weather is played will it go back to 6 or what its value was before the wounding?

1) I would say Yes, for me it looks like wounded mean everything with red number which means everything with lower STR than their original value. Otherwise cards like Warcry would be pretty much useless, coz the only way i can think it could work well is to make a deck where you using alot of weather effects and than double your STR with warcry cards (dont think alot of players will take those into the deck).

I just checked and 1 STR units which are weathered still got white number so they arent consider as wounded since their orginal value wasnt lowered.

2) I'm pretty sure it will reset to their original value after you will use clear weather, wounding isnt permament except gold cards ofc, coz it always resets when you for example decoy your wounded unit.

I'll check my videos and see if i can find situation like that.

Last edited:
Weather seemed to be always applying. So if you doubled the strength of someone under frost it would still go back to one.

I'm not sure if it's intended or not but in the kts if you were weathered and the weather was removed then you would go back to original strength. So clearing the weather would remove any buffs or woundings and return the unit to original strength.

I don't think anyone really knows if this was intended or not. I hope it's not intended, it takes some work to boost a lot of units and one simple weather killing the whole strategy is tedious.

Weather seemed to be always applying. So if you doubled the strength of someone under frost it would still go back to one.

Nope. You could use buffing units like +3 to all cards in a row on weathered units and they would be all 4 STR.

I'm not sure if it's intended or not but in the kts if you were weathered and the weather was removed then you would go back to original strength. So clearing the weather would remove any buffs or woundings and return the unit to original strength.

Yup

I don't think anyone really knows if this was intended or not. I hope it's not intended, it takes some work to boost a lot of units and one simple weather killing the whole strategy is tedious.

Hmm yea but it works in both sides, so you can take an enemy buffs by weather, but you can also take out debuffs on your own unit.

My mistake then, I thought I watched a video where the weather overruled the buff. I could be confused.

It will once weather is played last. But then once weather is cleared ur units will be reseted to their original value so buff will be gone as you said already.

Ok so i havent found a specific scenario like you said in my video but i found something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwGRq57CRg starts from 36 min.

If weather + clear weather resets buffs than i need to reset debuffs as well. I'm almost 100% sure it works like that with wounded units.

Oh i found something else, starts at 1:43:10, you got there those mahakan guards which are buffed and wounded than weathered and than after the end of the round when weather is removed from the battle field they both go to their original value which was 4STR. And yes i know i could use weather first and than scorch those guards with zoltan ;)

Theres something interesting at 1:48:30 also i looks like once weather is played and you got some dwarfs on the table than once you play dwarven mercenary into the weather it will affect only its original value but not the buff from dwarves. But i'm pretty sure that i would affect the buff if weather would be played later. So its all about the calculation order in some cases.

I got a question here also. If ill play a 3STR card which get +4 STR everytime some1s plays a special card, and there gonna be a higher value unit on the board and after that ill play a scorch which is a special card what card gonna be removed? Lets say the other card is 6STR so will my scorch destroy his 6 STR and than buff my 3 STR to 7 STR or it will take out my buffed card? I think the calculation order is like special first and all the buffs/debuffs etc are calculated at the end of our turn, thats why we got that coin flip animation even if some1 will pass, so the game got a time to do all those calculations etc.

Last edited:
The same happened to me with two Mahakam Defenders and Frost in play, I played two Hawker Healers, so both of them went from 1 STR to 7 STR and one Hawker Healer was 4 STR. Afterwards I played the Clear Skies and they all went to their original strength. But when I then looked at the card description ( http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/6-clear-skies ), it actually states "and set the strength of all units that were affected by weather to their original value." So it seems it was all intentional. Not sure what to think of that though, but when you know how all of the buffing and debuffing works, it could actually open up some new strategies.

Roach at 4 strength jumping into frost, becomes 1 strength, then changes to a row without weather still keeps 1 strength. Sure this was a bug tho :D

Wounded means in practical terms a red value.

So a 1 that is effected by weather wouldn't be wounded as it would still be 1 and its value would be white.

So just to clarify weather counts as wounding right? because the number becomes red. I would also appreciate it if you could clarify my second question.

So just to clarify weather counts as wounding right? because the number becomes red. I would also appreciate it if you could clarify my second question.

Yes it does if the value becomes red.

So for example something that is immune to weather will keep its value and not count as wounded.

The same can be said for a unit that was 1 before weather was applied and remained 1 after weather despite if it was previously red or white.

Not if they are immune to weather when in bear form ;)

I hope you will allow me to pick your brain a bit more. Some of us were wondering if you could perhaps answer some of the following questions.

1) traps
-What is the timing on traps? (read as: can it nullify the activation of the card it destroys? Or does its skill trigger regardless?)
- are they persistent between rounds?
- Whats the overall visual presentation (glyph?)
- does it affect gold units?
- are they scoia exclusive feature?

2) Borkh
- Does he scorch gold units?
-Can he scorch himself?

3) Which faction does Reinforcement belong to and can it muster from the grave?

4) Whats the faction of dandelion and Bloody baron?

5) Nature gift: Is it bronze or silver? and can it copy gold special cards?

It would be appreciated if you could shed light on any of these questions.

Last edited:
Ok, as so many wounding cards revealed it seems they need to be nerfed already. Maybe by adding "but-not-less" rule for all cards with wounding mechanics. Besides all cards wounding the whole board or part of it are too overpowered and easy to be played, they should be more conditional, like any other ultimate cards.

Last edited:
Top Bottom