• Geralt of Rivia

Votes: 18 48.6%
  • Ravix of Fourhorn

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • no preference

Votes: 10 27.0%

• Total voters
Ravix of Fourhorn vs. Geralt of Rivia?

As who do you participate in the Tourney: As Sir Ravix of Fourhorn or as Geralt of Rivia?

Ravix of Fourhorn

Pro:
- It's a fake identity, so if Geralt does not want his participation in the tourney publicly known, then Ravix would be the way to go
- the colour scheme does suit Geralt's complexion relatively well
- the colour scheme does also suit the standard bay horse fur of Roach
- you get to punch Tailles in the face

Con:
- well, the one person I can think of immediately as someone to hide the current whereabouts of Geralt from (Emhyr in a non-Empress ending, Nilfgaard won) is aware of just this fake identity.
- the crest is rather ridiculous (girl and bear)
- the yellow colour scheme of the adoring fan does not suit her very well
- people keep calling you Ravix of Fourhorn long after the tourney is done, this becomes somewhat tiresome
- if you at some later time, decide that you want to go all noble and snobby and hang your crest over the mantelpiece, then you can't do that

Geralt of Rivia

Pro:
- this is who you are
- the colour scheme does not look all that bad when the armor is on an armorstand
- the crest is less silly
- the colour scheme does not look bad on the crossbow
- you get the one single opportunity to a horseback duel instead of "just another fistfight"
- the adoring fan in red looks rather cute
- if you want to go all noble and snobby and hang your crest over the mantelpiece, then here are the items to do just that

Con:
- the colour scheme of the armor looks TERRIBLE with Geralt's complexion.
- fighting with the son of queen Meve is less satisfying than punching Tailles in the face
- if an angry Emhyr (Nilf won, non-Empress) should seek Geralt's whereabouts for some revenge, then Geralt just offered him his whereabouts on a silver platter

- if you at some later time, decide that you want to go all noble and snobby and hang your crest over the mantelpiece, then you can't do that

Of course you can hang it on the wall

View attachment 69541

- if an angry Emhyr (Nilf won, non-Empress) should seek Geralt's whereabouts for some revenge, then Geralt just offered him his whereabouts on a silver platter

Toussaint is part of the empire, I'm sure Emhyr spy corps keep an eye on it and know about the beast and the witcher the duchess has summoned to deal with it.

Attachments

• The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2016.09.04 - 14.49.59.28.jpg
    The Witcher 3 Screenshot 2016.09.04 - 14.49.59.28.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 9,621
Explored both options purely for different story reasons.

I don't have personal favorite, although that blue-yellow-tincan hurts my eyes :p I'll just choose randomly those options now after seeing both once.

Of course you can hang it on the wall
Of course I can hang the Ravix of Fourhorn items on the wall, but not Geralt's coat of arms.

This is for the "all noble and snobby" scenario. Why would he want to hide behind the fake identity for the rest of his life, after all.

It's a pretty serious problem ;)
That's right! ;)

Oh, this is interesting. I thought, to be honest, that the motif of this coat of arms was just totally made up and nonsense.

Last edited:
My only playthrough so far, I chose Ravix for the Tourney; because he was Ravix on his first trip to Toussaint (also mentioned in Witcher 1) for the ball that Queen Calanthe attended. I thought if it was a good enough cover for noble shenanigans at the Queen's side, then it is good enough for more shenanigans now.

I did this tourney only once so far and went with Geralt of Riva because that's who he is. However, on my second playthrough I might go with the fake identity - just to get the shield and armour. I think both would look very nice in Corvo Bianco alongside the Geralt shield and armour (if I don't forget to stash those away in my chest before starting NG+).

I like Ravix's crest, girl and bear and I also lik the color scheme of the geralt of rivia armor on geralt's complexion
fighting with the son of queen Meve is more satisfying than punching Tailles in the face

the first time i was ravix, to avoid troubles later perhaps, but the second tim as geralt i way better, it's who he really is

Yes. That time when he tells an NPC "stop calling me Ravix, it was a joke" is rather off-putting, if I actually should have chosen the Ravix identity not as a joke but for roleplaying reasons (not announcing to the whole world that Geralt is in Toussaint now).

On the other hand, if I felt like jesting and chose Ravix just for the lulz, then I can swear on the garters of the duchess without blemishing the Geralt name.

Both have advantages and disadvantages.

I'm wondering if people really believe the Ravix-story - I mean, almost every NPC is able to recognize a witcher when he sees one. Also, people know that Anna Henrietta has sent for Geralt. He's being addressed as witcher even before the tournament so going undercover doesn't seem to work out as well. Oh well. I'll try Ravix in my next playthrough and see what happens :)

I've never chosen Ravix simply because it's a false identity. Geralt also says something about not wanting to pretend he is someone he isn't when you choose the Geralt of Rivia option -- and that's a big part of the reason I always go with that.

Not the only choice where what Geralt says affects what I choose, either. Might be silly but I really don't care if it is. To me it's just an element of role-playing games without player-made player characters.

it's a false identity
Hmmm. Ironic, in a way, considering Geralt's own name is an invention, along with his inaccurate Rivian title, and affected accent.

Blasted witchers -- can't trust any of them!

However, at heart, Geralt's basically an honest chap. We must give him that.

Top Bottom