Rebinding of locked keys after 1.04.

+
Rebinding of locked keys after 1.04.

Much better being able to bind these keys now. Never understood why we were stuck with a pretty bad arrangement of locked keys in Assassin of Kings or Wild Hunt.
Now am able to rebind them much more comfortably. BUT, I still have to use the default keys to close those menus.

Example: Rebound "quests" to the "x" key and i still have to press "j" or "esc" to close that screen, "x" will not close it.

Some of the keys dont work at all when you rebind them, but are still hardcoded to the default keys.
I changed my map key from M to tab because thats what I'm used to.
But when pressing tab nothing happens, I still have to press M to open the map, despite the M key not being bound to anything at all.

I changed the key to open my character panel to C instead of K, but once I open my character panel, pressing C again opens the Character stats instead of closing the window, and there is no option to rebind that key.

Whats the point of letting us rebind the keys if we still have to use the default keys for half the things in the game?

Whoever designed the keybinding in this game should be fired, its absolutely atrocious.

Last edited:
After installing patch I HAD to rebind keys because it killed my config file... THEN after a restart it now has no keys for Game Menu or map... I can rebind map every time i get into game, but the game menu won't come up no matter what now :(

Whoever designed the keybinding in this game should be fired, its absolutely atrocious.
for 2 and 3.

at least we can access the key bindings in-game with 3, and sort of rebind them now.
this is stupid though. i had "E" and "R" as my potion keys through ~30hrs but "E" is also stuck as "exit boat", though never mentioned in bindings, and caused me to take a potion every time i wanted to exit the boat.

just annoying little things like this are my only complaints. but these designers either have a serious control issue and can't stand us customizing their awkward control settings or have not used keyboards to play anything.

............just noticed that the "unlock keybinding" setting, whatever it's called, resets itself to locked every time the menu is exited. i don't know if this has to do with the problem or if it justs locks itself again purposefully.

Last edited:
Yeah I'm having all the same problems rebinding as the OP. I cant rebind the map key either. It wouldn't be so bad if the back function wasn't hard-coded to the Esc key, then we could just tap that a few times to close the menu's.

It's nice they let us remap keys but their implementation still needs some work.

appears to be also a random bug where the new bindings won't work at all.
a few times in the passed couple hrs the bindings were all still at their default setting in-game, but were changed in the settings menu. "Tab" for "map" wouldn't open it, had to press "M" to open even though it is successfully bound to "Tab" in the settings just like previous poster stated.

still though like others have stated, every time you use a rebound menu key to open that menu you have to use CDProjekt's default key to close the menu.

Last edited:
appears to be also a random bug where the new bindings won't work at all.
a few times in the passed couple hrs the bindings were all still at their default setting in-game, but were changed in the settings menu. "Tab" for "map" wouldn't open it, had to press "M" to open even though it is successfully bound to "Tab" in the settings just like previous poster stated.

still though like others have stated, every time you use a rebound menu key to open that menu you have to use CDProjekt's default key to close the menu.

Not only that, but you have to pay attention to what keys you rebind to, or you risk using keys that opens submenus instead of closing a window.
I did that with the character panel.

I changed the key from K to C, only to discover later that C also opens the submenu of Character stats in the character panel, and there is no way to rebind the key for the submenu, its not even listed in the keybindings.
and its the same with other submenu keys as well.

Wow CD red went full retartds with this patch .. so is not that only it doesn't fix anything .. but IT Breaks everything It is nice that they pay attention but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN
QA is non present ... no testing what so ever.

Top Bottom