Reforging / Enchanting swords

+
I for one am glad they put the limitation on how many weapons you can pick up. It definitely adds realism to the game. I've played CRPG's where you can stuff dozens of weapons and complete sets of armor into your backpack, and it's just ridiculous. The character ends up carrying close to half a ton of baggage on his back. With this game you are limited to carrying potions and potion ingredients in your pack. The potions probably weigh in at no more than 30 grams each, so even if you have 50 the total mass is only around one and a half kilograms. The ingredients (flower petals, seeds. blood, teeth, and assorted remains) probably weigh no more than two kilograms. So your backpack is loaded with maybe four kilograms. If you figure an oren is worth say 10 dollars American and they're made of gold, then 1000 orens weigh in at at less than a kilogram. Any higher amount of money is probably automatically stored with the innkeeper. So, I hope they keep it this way, and that they don't go down the ridiculous path of "bags of holding", which completely ignore all the laws of Physics. So far this game hasn't broken too many of these laws (it may have bent a few), and that's great, to me.

The equipment is only supposed to be enhanced into more transparent in EE. For example there's going to be separate slot for ingredients (and i think that there's going to be 14 more places for these small things, but I'm not sure ;D).So don't worry, the game will be still realistic about equipment. There will be no Rambo-witcher :D

If the inventory is enlarged for the alchemy bag it's still in reasonable limits and... plausible. I appreciate the limitation for larger goods as well because it's just ridicolous if one character carries stuff of an amount of warehouse. Actually you don't make a fortune if you collect all loot weapons to sell them. There a more comfortable way to make money: gambling ;)

Yeah, but this gambling sucks, cuz it's too easy to beat your opponent(know I should've been happy, but it's too easy). When I was playing Oblivion the total count was 600+ some charms to enlarge that. But a warhammer weighs 97, and the best cuirass around 70. And for me it's strange that I can only have 4/5 weapons at a time. If a sword weighs 3 kilos I see no reason why I cannot take 3 - 4 with me.

When you get your 3rd set of armor you have 5 weapons slots. But take a look at your character when he's carrying that many. It looks to me as if he'd have a hard time fighting at max efficiency with so many weapons getting in his way. Standard operating conditions for my witcher is to look at newly captured weapons, see if there are any that look like they may be worth a lot, and drop the rest.

DanConnors said:
I for one am glad they put the limitation on how many weapons you can pick up. It definitely adds realism to the game. I've played CRPG's where you can stuff dozens of weapons and complete sets of armor into your backpack, and it's just ridiculous. The character ends up carrying close to half a ton of baggage on his back.
Mass Effect comes to mind. ::) I agree with you. Limited inventory also prevents players from turning their Geralt into a "weapons peddler". Witchers earn money by slayin' monsters and liftin' curses, not collecting rusty knives to sell to lowly traders.

Top Bottom