Refunds being misused

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
My mate bought the game finished it and asked for a refund. I told him that is wrong because surely to have a refund you shouldn't be enjoying the game all the way though and disclosed an issue early on which stopped you playing the game. I think it is a bit unfair really those asking for refunds should have to prove at least they were badly affected by the bugs or unable to play the game what do you think?

I really hope CDPR can continue to make games as wonder how bad they effected by this

My mate bought the game finished it and asked for a refund. I told him that is wrong because surely to have a refund you shouldn't be enjoying the game all the way though and disclosed an issue early on which stopped you playing the game. I think it is a bit unfair really those asking for refunds should have to prove at least they were badly affected by the bugs or unable to play the game what do you think?

I really hope CDPR can continue to make games as wonder how bad they effected by this
Depends on how quickly he finished it. Rushing through the main questline to the end means you'll (arguably) only have shit ending. His loss. Regardless, I'd agree that a refund after completing the game should be out of the question, considering it already takes over 10 hours to rush the main story.

Last-gen console players have the best argument for getting refunds.

With every patch CDPR is censoring the game more so there is valid reason to refund even after.
I'd like some examples of this censorship. Played since 1.0 and unless this is specifically talking about the nude 'censorship', then by 1.05 nothing I can see has been censored. As if CDPR could focus on censorship in favour of bugfixes atm.
Censoring is not a valid reason for a refund.
It can be. Buy something, big chunk of it gets removed because censorship later on. Then you have a case.
Don't see a case here.

I'd like some examples of this censorship. Played since 1.0 and unless this is specifically talking about the nude 'censorship', then by 1.05 nothing I can see has been censored. As if CDPR could focus on censorship in favour of bugfixes atm.

Let's see. In patch 1.02 which is gog release patch, you could be naked in your apartment; you could walk outside with tits out and npcs would comment on it; male body in scavs mission would be naked (which is first thing I noticed after starting new game on 1.04 that he has FUCKING BOXERS); most of the dancers were at least tits out; you could do naked photos.

Even if you call this superfluous it is something that was advertised AND I hate censorship on principle.

It can be. Buy something, big chunk of it gets removed because censorship later on. Then you have a case.
Don't see a case here.
generally refunds are based upon customer satisfaction, if you're unsatisfied with your purchase ( for whatever reason) you have the right to request a refund, but for someone to complete the game and then apply for one is a bit of a scummy move but they are well within their right to do so.

I think it is a bit unfair really those asking for refunds should have to prove at least they were badly affected by the bugs or unable to play the game what do you think?
I think, CDPR at first should deliver the game that they promoted in their PR campaign. They f*cked it up with false advertisment and rising hype around the game, which lead to pretty high expectations about this game.

To be fair 2 hrs is not much in a game where you spend the first 30 minutes in character creation, and the game is around 80 hrs long if you do everything. I think they should increase it to 3-4 hours.

Even better if they also based the "playtime" on achievements earned, since most games just hand out 'chievs for how much story you've done, some even do for how much you've played, so they could get the best of both worlds out of it if they changed it to a specific achievement that you get rewarded in game AND playtime, once you get that achievement, you no longer have the right/choice to refund the game... but if you've passed the playtime count but still haven't gotten that 'chieve then you should still be eligible for a refund.

Though this should be listed on the games steam store page as well, which achievement you have to get for the refund to be null and void. in case there were some devs who were just cash-grabbing greedy f***s who'll set it to be the first time you set foot in game. but they could also base it on play-time too (3-4 hours like you mentioned) to combat that as well.

Last edited:
Let's see. In patch 1.02 which is gog release patch, you could be naked in your apartment; you could walk outside with tits out and npcs would comment on it; male body in scavs mission would be naked (which is first thing I noticed after starting new game on 1.04 that he has FUCKING BOXERS); most of the dancers were at least tits out; you could do naked photos.

Even if you call this superfluous it is something that was advertised AND I hate censorship on principle.
So we are talking about the nude 'censorship'. Wasn't that mostly because there were conflicts with clothing? So non-nude was just made default (can still see the nude model in your inventory). And I can't remember NPCs commenting on you being nude ever being in the game. Avertised? Maybe. Not sure why anyone would consider this a big problem, especially since there are already mods that allow you to walk around naked again.

generally refunds are based upon customer satisfaction, if you're unsatisfied with your purchase ( for whatever reason) you have the right to request a refund, but for someone to complete the game and then apply for one is a bit of a scummy move but they are well within their right to do so.
No disagreement there.

And I can't remember NPCs commenting on you being nude ever being in the game. Avertised? Maybe. Not sure why anyone would consider this a big problem, especially since there are already mods that allow you to walk around naked again.

Yeah they made comments. I ran around naked to show my sibling, who is in her late 30's, and we were having a blast. People would run away, comment, and even change expressions in reaction to it. I do think it was changed due to clothing issues more than censorship. People were going nuts over the "p3ni$" showing through and pants-less t-pose issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom