Religion

+
I have seen that attitude expressed before and I have never understood it.

Then I guess you don't know many Transhumanists. But we exist, and there are many of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transhumanism

Some basic goals of Transhumanists, (But not all of us want all of them) include,

Abolitionism – ethical ideology based upon a perceived obligation to use technology to eliminate involuntary suffering in all sentient life.

Democratic transhumanism – political ideology synthesizing liberal democracy, social democracy, radical democracy and transhumanism.

Extropianism – early school of transhumanist thought characterized by a set of principles advocating a proactive approach to human evolution.

Immortalism – moral ideology based upon the belief that technological immortality is possible and desirable, and advocating research and development to ensure its realization.

Libertarian transhumanism – political ideology synthesizing libertarianism and transhumanism.

Postgenderism – social philosophy which seeks the voluntary elimination of gender in the human species through the application of advanced biotechnology and assisted reproductive technologies.

Singularitarianism – moral ideology based upon the belief that a technological singularity is possible, and advocating deliberate action to affect it and ensure its safety.

Technogaianism – ecological ideology based upon the belief that emerging technologies can help restore Earth's environment, and that developing safe, clean, alternative technology should therefore be an important goal of environmentalists.

I recommend checking this out as well. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_transhumanism

Hey, maybe Tranhumanists could be like a religion? Though I detest us being viewed in that light... I could see how it would be done.

Oh I am aware of transhumanism... and I also believe it's adherents to be fucked in the head.

Being fucked in the head isn;t necessarily a bad thing.... I am fucked in the head on a variety of levels.

However, the very nature of transhumanism involves a disconnect form humanity itself, which is why the movement seeks to redefine humanity, it's forward thinking self preservation.... insuring rights now for when they matter later.

Oh I am aware of transhumanism... and I also believe it's adherents to be fucked in the head.

Being fucked in the head isn;t necessarily a bad thing.... I am fucked in the head on a variety of levels.

However, the very nature of transhumanism involves a disconnect form humanity itself, which is why the movement seeks to redefine humanity, it's forward thinking self preservation.... insuring rights now for when they matter later.

While I wouldn't necessarily use the same term, I am aware that many people find our beliefs radical, and morally unethical. Silly fleshies. And I also know that some of their worries are well warranted, and we see that. We don't want to get rid of our bodies till we know it is safe, and some would just go for biological immortality anyways.

I just see these things as necessary for our species to continue to evolve, and survive, and even one day outlive our home planet.

And part of that will be making radical changes to our bodies to fix and/or improve upon it. Evolution, while being complex and amazing, isn't perfect. I see nothing wrong with us taking our genetic and/or cybernetic future in our own hands. Not that we will be perfect either...

Don't pay attention to the sirens, they aren't coming for you, it's certainly not C-SWAT... just stay calm, you want some more nachos... Here is a pictures of a shelf stacking robot, that's like a playboy centerfold to you right???

Don't pay attention to the sirens, they aren't coming for you, it's certainly not C-SWAT... just stay calm, you want some more nachos... Here is a pictures of a shelf stacking robot, that's like a playboy centerfold to you right???

Come, join us, we are The Church of Transcendence. We will lead you on the path of enlightenment, the naysayers will tell you its called cyberpsychosis, but they are just trying to lead you astray. We are destined to evolve into something more than human! Shed your flesh, and be free! I cyberpope Dalvyn the 1st, have seen the truth through my Canon 3500 optical lenses, and it is beautiful.

Come, join us, we are The Church of Transcendence. We will lead you on the path of enlightenment, the naysayers will tell you its called cyberpsychosis, but they are just trying to lead you astray. We are destined to evolve into something more than human! Shed your flesh, and be free! I cyberpope Dalvyn the 1st, have seen the truth through my Canon 3500 optical lenses, and it is beautiful.

Do you need someone brought to God, or to you?

Postgenderism – social philosophy which seeks the voluntary elimination of gender in the human species through the application of advanced biotechnology and assisted reproductive technologies.

Have you people thought how boring that would be? I could have said "how fucking boring", but, you know, since there won't be no fucking... One thing is androgynism which is, through non-hypermasculine and hyperfeminine behaviours, flexible gender roles, etc. get to a meeting point between both sexes. It can even work for any kind of affective-sexual relationship, as it's based on understanding... but... ugh... this other thing would get rid of sex, sexual dimorphism... do not want.

BLECH....

Let's take all the fun out life is not a philosophy I think anyone should support.

I'm just going to leave this here...

Speechless.... and kinda hungry....and kinda disgusted.... and kinda disgusted with myself for being hungry...

Top Bottom