Replayability? [Spoilers]

+
I've nearly replayed CP2077 more so far on one system than i did with W3 on 2.

While i feel nigh no emotion for any character in this base version of CP i also felt nothing for any of the characters in W3, i think the only time i felt much of anything was what Radovic done to kiera and when Geralt finally found Ciri but thought she was dead, i know the characters meant something to Geralt but to me, the player who hadn't played the previous games or read any the books, they were basic strangers and nothing added through the expansions changed how i felt. Again much like CP characters there greatly writing and voiced but for me personally no connection was ever made, there a chance CP will go the same route and what we have is all were getting but what we have, again for me, is better than what W3 offered over the full course of its dev cycle.

Builds also are playing a big factor in replaying CP as much as i am, well builds, life paths, gender, etc etc Geralt was always male, always hetero and always yenn or triss with some flings in between aswell as swords or signs with alchemy threw in, V can be male, female, black, white, straight, gay, bi, trans and be interested in various ppl with and without much success, can be a ninja, a bare knuckle fighter, hacker, shotgunner, assassin etc etc and dress differently for each occasion, all this only in the albeit buggy base game.

Dialogue/story/Endings, its all subjective and it dont really matter what i think of it, suffice to say 10 playthroughs later and im still finding new dialogue, still hearing new story depending on how i approach and in what order i do missions and still finding things that can effect the story even though there is no quest objective/guide for it.

Buggy base game, shit launch, but it upto you how you approach it, upto you to say whats acceptable for you and upto you to determine if its got replay value for you, dont let me or anyone else tell you otherwise

For me, the biggest issue in regards to replayability of CP is the length of the introduction. Trying a different build or play style and going through all that each time gets monotonous and so much of the world is limited until you get into act 2 at least.

i see three different ways how to play this game, with its own ending paths.... Corpo path, with Arasaka ending, StreetKid path, with with either Rogue or rather Johnny secret Legendary ending, and of course Nomad, with Nomad ending and leaving NC with new Nomad family. Neither of these is happy ending, but there are no happy endings in Cyberpunk...

Less than a month after release date more and more people admit that they finished CP2077 twice, three or even four times - in current state. Very, very odd stuff.

Less than a month after release date more and more people admit that they finished CP2077 twice, three or even four times - in current state. Very, very odd stuff.

Not odd tbh, ppl like different things, enjoy different things and have more or less tolerance for different things, were all human but all different.

Think i'll put the joint out now

I can't remember where I read this so take it with a grain of salt but I remember reading a dev's response to replayabilty as the game was designed to replay with a different spec. Main story, side missions and gigs all played out exactly the same and there was no incentive to explore/discover/create.

Which, personally, I think misses the mark completely in an open world.

Not odd tbh, ppl like different things, enjoy different things and have more or less tolerance for different things, were all human but all different.
I could agree with you easily on different games but CP is so linear in many terms... Whatever you do, as long you do, you will go to the POINT OF NO RETURN and nothing will be different for you, no matter how you play cause "decisions" in this game are strictly limited.

How would you compare replayability of Cyberpunk to The Witcher games? Better? Same? Worse? And why.
Play the game once. If you do all the side content, you unlock most of the endings (bar one that's secret, that's reusing another ending). Game will conviniently throw you before the last mission so you can check all the other endings. If you need to, you can replay the ~30m intro section to see other life paths.

So replayability is literally however much time it takes to experience JUST the final mission variants + ~60m to experience the starting impact of other life paths.

Perhaps, if you're feeling VERY curious, an extra playthrough to see the other romance option (but if you're not interested in playing a bisexual / gay character, then this isn't really enticing).

. There is no freaking way to make it work for all players' choices in future DLCs and that's why I think new char with more open story, who can work with gangs, max-tac, corps etc.
At the beginning of W3 you can choose if you want to play "new" or as if you played W2 before. The difference is not that big, I think. You get a Witcher-Friend more, if you give the right answers to the barber in... Vizima?

I don't know every ending, but I think everyone could be implemented in a DLC. A prolog that picks up the different endings. The Relict and the Blackwall with Alt offers a 2nd chance, too. It is possible (even the suicide).
And in the endings I played (Sun/Moon), V has no cars and just a few items. He is almost naked, best way to go on a new journey again.

Edit: Well, it would be nice if you can play the prolog. And not a 6-months-cutscene :rolleyes:

I see no point in restarted as Corpo or Nomad, Where all life paths lead too all feel like it leads to street kid. The dialogue of V's all through out the game is like a Street Kid.

I see no point in restarted as Corpo or Nomad, Where all life paths lead too all feel like it leads to street kid. The dialogue of V's all through out the game is like a Street Kid.

Not true. There are dialogue options that make a difference in certain quests.. Like for example you can intimidate Woodman as Corpo, or you can back up Panam as Nomad.. but yeah, if you dont care about story, you dont play the way your character is build up, then you dont see difference..

Not true. There are dialogue options that make a difference in certain quests.. Like for example you can intimidate Woodman as Corpo, or you can back up Panam as Nomad.. but yeah, if you dont care about story, you dont play the way your character is build up, then you dont see difference..

I reloaded my game constantly to try different dialogue options.
No matter what I picked I always ended up with the same result in the end.

It doesn't matter what I do or say in the game. Witcher 3 did way better than Cybertrash 2020.

It doesn't matter what I do or say in the game. Witcher 3 did way better than Cybertrash 2020.
I think the disconnect is that people like to pretend their lifepaths matter. Like, "My V is a street kid and doesn't take any shit from anyone. If they say: 'Let's go here,' I say 'that's not how we'd do it in my gang, but ok.'"

The result being the same as the other two dialogue choices.

relax man xD, we are playing DLC right now, full game will be released in 2021. It's gonna be about Gang wars, politics, corporation wars, corrupt NCPD, militech and trauma team.

Defending the different life paths as choice is pretty daring.

Why? Because your different life paths don't open up different t ways to finish the main missions. They only give you smart-ass comments that lead to the same outcome.

Beside the incomplete, half-baked and lazy endings, not giving any real closure, there is a problem of a game world, which is bad open world. In Red Dead Redemption 2 there was no map trashed with miriads of markers, you should really travel and explore the world to find side quests, eastern eggs, secrets and other interesting things, like small stories about woman under fallen horse or the man, biten by a snake.
In CP77 you see all the jobs, gigs and NCPD signals from the start, and when you complete them all (which at this moment only 3% of players on Steam have done) there is absolutelly nothing to do in this world, it's dead scenery, nothing more. No room for social experiments, like provoke the gangs to attack each other or NCPD, nothing.
That, and terrible endings, do not inspire to play the game even the second time. So i say now CP77 has zero replayability.

If the lifepaths resulted in more unique options and missions maybe. I've played streetkid and nomad and the dialogue option differences are minimal, the only unique stories presented are streetkid gets called up by the guy he tried to steal a car for for another job that turns out to be a bust, and nomad has a chance to get back their old car + help bury Scorpion. This is pretty trivial. I cant see myself wanting to see what unique missions and dialogue the corpo has.

If the lifepaths resulted in more unique options and missions maybe. I've played streetkid and nomad and the dialogue option differences are minimal, the only unique stories presented are streetkid gets called up by the guy he tried to steal a car for for another job that turns out to be a bust, and nomad has a chance to get back their old car + help bury Scorpion. This is pretty trivial. I cant see myself wanting to see what unique missions and dialogue the corpo has.
It's one additional mission, where a former colleague of yours, who suffered the same fate, tries to kill you to get his job back.

The mission was pathetic on all levels.

Defending the different life paths as choice is pretty daring.

Why? Because your different life paths don't open up different t ways to finish the main missions. They only give you smart-ass comments that lead to the same outcome.

SPOILERS IN THE POST!!!!!

Again, not true. There are three different ending based on life path.. they are just not locked from you... If you play as true CORPO, then you would not go Nomad way, and neither you would go with Rogue... you would be siding with Hanako and saving the corporation...

And outcomes are different - in Arasaka ending you either become an Engram with contract with Arasaka, that they will upload you into new body once such body is available, or you just die on earth slowly.. there is no choice to give your body to Johnny, which is only possible in other two endings... and the outcome that you die? EVERYBODY DIES... nobody can cheat the death (except for Saburo in Arasaka ending :D )

And your choices in the game make a huge impact on the world, and people around you... but to understand this, you need to try all endings... With Arasaka ending, you learn what Yorinobu actually planned with Arasaka.. so if you dont go that path, his plan succeeds.. isnt that a huge impact on the world itself???

Impact on people around you? If you dont help Panam, she ends up miserable in NC, scrapping eddies in some minor jobs.. If you give your body to Johnny, she will try to hunt him down.. you commit suicide? just watch how everybody around you is miserable from that decision...

Its like some people don't see the forest due to a tree...

Top Bottom