Roach his tail is missing

+
Roach his tail is missing

Hey,

Since i installed blood and wine i noticed that roach his tail is missing.
Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone knows how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

I've had the same thing happen to me with both her mane and tail. I'm not sure if it'll work for the tail but I found that changing the blinders Roach wears a few times restored her mane. Perhaps the same will work for the tail if you change the saddle and bags a few times? I'm wondering if it resets the model by doing that.

Not again please NOT AGAIN this problem!
Why can`t this problem be finally fixed?
It is there since... since I played the first time Witcher 3 last year in June, these always going missing manes on horses....
I can notice this problem sometimes on Roach, and sometimes the dead horses on the ground have their manes missing (and sometimes not....).

Seeing Roach trot around without a tail makes me think of that mod somebody made last year adding horse vaginas to the game.

Which then makes me throw up a little in my mouth... so thanks CDPR.

I have the same exact issue, even when running the game without any mods so that isn't the cause. Verifying game cache doesn't solve the problem either.

I noticed roaches tail disappeares after picking up mutagens
ex: from nekkers in white orchard
so this is one of the triggers for this bug could be more ..

if roach is near before picking up the mutagen (if he is visible on the minimap) his tail doesn't disappear,

Last edited:
Same problem here, you just need to close the game and open it again.
When the mane disappears it can sometimes be solves just by fast travelling to a different region (but don't do this if you are currently renovating Geralt's vineyard, as it will bug the renovation, so stay in Toussaint for now. Simply save your game, close it, and reopen it, then the tail and mane will return).

Same problem here, you just need to close the game and open it again.
When the mane disappears it can sometimes be solves just by fast travelling to a different region (but don't do this if you are currently renovating Geralt's vineyard, as it will bug the renovation, so stay in Toussaint for now. Simply save your game, close it, and reopen it, then the tail and mane will return).

This does not solve the issue for me. And I have not gone to Toussant yet.

Roach's tail is gone in my current playthrough, too - still in White Orchard, completely new game, and no mods. It was actually my wife who noticed it. :)

Same issue here

Tried the fixes to no avail, Roach's bare arse is starting to aggravate me. This topped with the upscaling bug makes this the buggiest version I've ever played.

Last edited:
I can now confirm - the going missing Roach tail sometimes happens without any reason and is always saved as status "Roach does not have a tail anymore from now on" within the savegame.
Which means if you load that specific bugged savegame, the tail stays disappeared, if you load older savegames from hours or days before, the tail is on Roach again.

Sometimes the tail just suddenly disappears, and if you don`t notice it because you don`t ride Roach for a long time, for example when doing complex quests indoors or in citys, or when diving for treasure hunts, lots of gameplay hours are lost because an older savegame must be loaded - or the tail is gone forever.
(Or you accept Roach without a tail from now on and for the rest of the game, and just continue gaming with that buggy savegame).

View attachment 48651 View attachment 48661

In lower game Versions from 1.08+ always the manes disappeared on Roach, other horses and dead horses on the ground (from attacked caravans or stuff), now it`s the tail that disappears hahaha :D

Attachments

• witcher3 2016-06-05 18-55-43-061.jpg
    witcher3 2016-06-05 18-55-43-061.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 572
  • witcher3 2016-06-05 18-57-37-043.jpg
    witcher3 2016-06-05 18-57-37-043.jpg
    301.2 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:
I have literally started checking mid-game, before venturing out on quests, whether the lovely lady has their tail to them; just so I would know which save to load and how much content I will have to re-do in order to safeguard against their absent dress.

Someday I will just play Witcher 3, instead of constantly trying to fix it.

So to PC users:

- Enable the console.
- Mount the Roach.
- Type KillHorse()
- Cry of sadness.
- Call the Roach
- Cry of joy.

At least it worked for me.

Does it stay there after you then save and load it again?

Top Bottom