Saskia and Geralt at the end

+
Saskia and Geralt at the end

I understand the Rose of Remembrance made her "fall in love" with Phillipa, but why would she still attack Geralt in the Iorveth path after all he did to help her and Vergen survive? Without him, her whole cause would have failed.

She wasn't in love with Phillipa, the potion made her do whatever Phillipa told her to do. So the potion is for mind control. Philipa told her to kill Geralt and the rest at the convention.

Why-Wolf said:
I understand the Rose of Remembrance made her "fall in love" with Phillipa
While some might say it's pretty much the same thing, it's not true that the spell made her 'fall in love with Philippa.' It was a mind-control spell, basically.

Flitters

So funny. Maybe you can, but I can't read only the thread titles that are not spoilers.

bizgec said:
Flitters

So funny. Maybe you can, but I can't read only the thread titles that are not spoilers.

The topic itself being a question said everything. You chose to read the replies.

Title edited. Because titles of recent threads are visible to everyone on the main page, it's polite not to put spoilers in titles.

Shawnkh said:
She wasn't in love with Phillipa, the potion made her do whatever Phillipa told her to do. So the potion is for mind control. Philipa told her to kill Geralt and the rest at the convention.
Did I miss something? Philippa really told her to kill Geralt?

sfinxCZ said:
Philippa really told her to kill Geralt?
If I remember correctly:
She had to "kill everyone in the city, so no one can tell this story (about Lodge and regicide)". That included Geralt too.
But I'm not sure if she want(ed) his death directly.

Philippa knew Geralt was in Loc Muinne (as we all know full well from Iorveth path), but she ordered to kill everyone anyway, Geralt included, even if he chose to save her from the dungeon. She did not order to hunt him personally, but she obviously did not want to keep him alive.

Sile, who also controlled the dragon, did give Saessenthesis a direct order to kill Geralt. Though it was probably because Geralt was a danger to her, not because it was part of their plan.

I wish I could've seen the original title of this thread.

But yeah, be considerate people. Don't fucking include spoilers in your fucking thread name. Some common sense and decency would be appreciated.

OT: Yeah apparently it was just mind control. Though one could argue that being in love with someone means to be submitted to someone else's whim/control/influence etc. So it's valid either way.

And I wasn't under the impression that Phillipa told Saesenthesis to do anything. It was Silé, in that tower, that told our cute little Sassy girl to squash the legendary Witcher. And Saskia was powerless. Unable to resist the spell (or curse, as I view it) she did as she was told.

FoggyFishburne said:
And I wasn't under the impression that Phillipa told Saesenthesis to do anything. It was Silé, in that tower, that told our cute little Sassy girl to squash the legendary Witcher. And Saskia was powerless. Unable to resist the spell (or curse, as I view it) she did as she was told.

Actually, dragon attacked before Sile said anything. On Iorveth path Saskia quietly disappears during testimony against the Lodge, and then attacks. It was planed, and she was under orders what to do if shit hits the fan. Sile tells openly that Philipa controls the dragon, and the dragon will turn LM into a flaming tomb.

Sile warns Geralt to leave her be, and orders Saskia to kill him only after Geralt gets into the tower and tries to reach her megascope.

Rauter said:
If I remember correctly:
She had to "kill everyone in the city, so no one can tell this story (about Lodge and regicide)". That included Geralt too.
But I'm not sure if she want(ed) his death directly.
Thanks for reply, I'll have to play that again. It's been some time.. :)

But as far as I remember (and I also hope this is not just in one storyline), last word had Sheala. She controled dragon but even there she tried to convice Geralt to get out. (Turn back while you can.. If I have to, I kill you)

GuyN said:
Title edited. Because titles of recent threads are visible to everyone on the main page, it's polite not to put spoilers in titles.

Sorry about the spoiler in the thread name, won't happen again.

Thanks for the answers, everyone.

Actually, Phillipa tells Geralt that the potion is not a mind-controlling potion, but a potion to make Saskia fall deeply in love with Phillipa. Phillipa explains this and adds something like "now she thinks I'm the greatest person on Earth" or something like that. So it is clearly stated that it is not the kind of mind control you guys are talking about.

So, imo, Saskia attacks Geralt because you can do very stupid things when you are deeply in love :)

Otokage said:
Actually, Phillipa tells Geralt that the potion is not a mind-controlling potion, but a potion to make Saskia fall deeply in love with Phillipa. Phillipa explains this and adds something like "now she thinks I'm the greatest person on Earth" or something like that.

Well, how reasonable is it to believe her? She also tells to stab Saskia through the heart with a dagger in order to remove this spell. Good thing Geralt was not that dumb.

vivaxardas said:
Well, how reasonable is it to believe her? She also tells to stab Saskia through the heart with a dagger in order to remove this spell. Good thing Geralt was not that dumb.

That's interesting, I've always thought that maybe because Saskia was stabbed by that tree apparently in the heart, then somehow the spell worked. Never seemed very logical to me though :p

Top Bottom