Save files are corrupted

+
Could you frankenstine the save file. The one area that corrupts. Copy the item list from a working save. And put it in the bad file. Allowing the save to keep story progression. But reverting inventory, guns etc.

That would involve moving node data from one save to another save into the same node, and will probably be about as good for you as the relic overwriting V's brain is good for him. We still don't know what kind of long-term effects modifying these nodes have. Like Zao pointed out a couple of posts back, it may fix issues NOW, but, it may also set you up for further damage to your save later down the road.

Looks like there supposed to be a patch on Steam:

There was a "public" build update few minutes ago

UPDATE: yup, just downloading now ~1GB
No release notes yet though

Last edited:
Looks like there supposed to be a patch on Steam:

There was a "public" build update few minutes ago

UPDATE: yup, just downloading now ~1GB
No release notes yet though

Not a lot of files were changed, and there are no patch notes. Hmm. Maybe be on the lookout for a statement from CDPR either on twitter or on the GOG website or something. I dunno.

Hey Folks! Since I'm new to this Thread can please someone bring me to the newest state in regards to the following questions:

1. Is there any official response of CDPR to this issue besides the original one on gog?
2. Are there any guesses how many Gamers are facing this bug in percent? I'm not sure to cary on gaming. I've played 70 hours. I'm at the end of Act 2. The savegame is at 4,5 Mb. I love this game, but playing it with constantly worrying about potential points of gamebreaks is such a pain in the...

Thanks guys.

Rejoice! 1.06 removes 8MB File limit!!!

Attachments

• image_2020-12-23_230630.png
    image_2020-12-23_230630.png
    231.9 KB · Views: 271
I read that the patch that arrived just now removes the save file limit, based on GOG version. Huge if true.

I read that the patch that arrived just now removes the save file limit, based on GOG version. Huge if true.

I'm also seeing that the size limit was removed.

I have mixed feelings about this, because on the one hand, it will keep saves from becoming corrupted, but, on the other hand it doesn't really resolve what was causing saves to hit that limit, so it's still possible for saves to continue to grow in size, though not by much if the previous information about LZ4 encoding and the player data pans out. Maybe this WILL be the permanent fix for this issue.

Now I guess the next thing to be on the lookout for is the effects of save files greater than 8192KB have on loading times when loading saves.

Either way, these past few days spent with you guys has been a pleasure.

Yes it's true.

It would be interesting to know whether they have fixed the bloating problem too.
The official patch notes only note that they have removed the file size limit.

Funny for me it's 983MB :cool:

Yep kind of weird I didn't mod anything :shrug:

Saw this on Reddit, don't know the legitimacy, so take with a barrel of salt:

Mmmh.. lets see an official statement with more details. But anyway the corrupted saves are corrupted for real because of holes in data writing process. Its gone forever but we can hope it won't happen again with this fix.

I wonder what a save file will be once you complete the game with everything done. I know making items would go on forever. But a base 100% of everything.

Hey Folks! Since I'm new to this Thread can please someone bring me to the newest state in regards to the following questions:

1. Is there any official response of CDPR to this issue besides the original one on gog?
2. Are there any guesses how many Gamers are facing this bug in percent? I'm not sure to cary on gaming. I've played 70 hours. I'm at the end of Act 2. The savegame is at 4,5 Mb. I love this game, but playing it with constantly worrying about potential points of gamebreaks is such a pain in the...

Thanks guys.

Summary:

Map "discovery" leads to the most file size increase. After that, the game more or less stabilizes. It will still grow as you progress through missions, but not nearly as much as when you are first discovering things.

Crafting appears to be the main cause of bloat. Item hoarding causes some bloat as well, but not as much. Item duplication was originally mentioned as a reason, but it does not cause save file bloat. The exact reason as to why item collection and crafting cause bloat is unknown, but there are a number of theories.

A number of people have been testing various solutions, including editing game files. Others have been mapping file size increases and why/when they seem to occur.

CDPR made an additional page on their tech support page noting that they know of the issue and are working on it.

If this patch (literally just arrived) address save file size, it might be a bandaid to avoid broken games (Unless it specifically mentions fixing save file bloat).

CDPR pushed out a new patch.

Summary:

Map "discovery" leads to the most file size increase. After that, the game more or less stabilizes. It will still grow as you progress through missions, but not nearly as much as when you are first discovering things.

Crafting appears to be the main cause of bloat. Item hoarding causes some bloat as well, but not as much. Item duplication was originally mentioned as a reason, but it does not cause save file bloat. The exact reason as to why item collection and crafting cause bloat is unknown, but there are a number of theories.

A number of people have been testing various solutions, including editing game files. Others have been mapping file size increases and why/when they seem to occur.

CDPR made an additional page on their tech support page noting that they know of the issue and are working on it.

If this patch (literally just arrived) address save file size, it might be a bandaid to avoid broken games (Unless it specifically mentions fixing save file bloat).
Thank's man. :) Funny, that the patch just arrived after I posted my questions... that's karma, baby....

Top Bottom