Save files are corrupted

+
My game was working fine but after GOG client downloaded and applyed the patch, my game (pc) freezes after the red bird logo screen. Cant play the game now :s

70+ hours, around 6,45 MB here.

We have crafting specs in the game, but the game was not planned to be played by crafters ?

This shall be a joke.

I can live with all the bugs, but being unable to play and enjoy the game, that I can't do.

Either this bug is fixed or this game will be dead in no time.

did u guys read the 1.0.8 patch note, is litrerally the fix for this
Post automatically merged:

My game was working fine but after GOG client downloaded and applyed the patch, my game (pc) freezes after the red bird logo screen. Cant play the game now :s
i dont know if gog have this option but check the integrity of the files. Steam screw it every update for some reason

TOP! thanks for the patch regarding the memory problem! you are breathtaking! keep up the good work... looking forward to more content! cyberpunk2077 is love! i am absolutely addicted! happy holidays and come well into the new year!

Thank you very much for the fix in 1.06, I wasn't expecting it this fast!
Big shout out to the devs, especially at this time of the year!

Removed the 8 MB save file size limit. Note: this won’t fix save files corrupted before the update.

I am happy to see a removed save file size limit. I like that they noted it doesn't restore already corrupted saves.

I am a bit anxious as to what is going to happen to save files that now increase unlimited with no actual changes to bloating. Though, to be clear: I am not angry about this. Removing the limit before the holidays is a good thing. No worries about corrupted saves. Amazing.

If anybody encounters this issue - hotfix 1.06 will fix it and remove the 8MB limit on save files.

Thank you for fixing the save file issue; its a huge relief as you no longer have to think about it all the time. Thanks to all the devs at CDPR who are working hard to fix bugs and problems with the game, especially now that it is Christmas and they should take a bit of a break.

I am happy to see a removed save file size limit. I like that they noted it doesn't restore already corrupted saves.

I am a bit anxious as to what is going to happen to save files that now increase unlimited with no actual changes to bloating. Though, to be clear: I am not angry about this. Removing the limit before the holidays is a good thing. No worries about corrupted saves. Amazing.

True. And a great relief and fix for the game. Especially for PC. But now here's to hoping the lack of console reports actually was a sign of the issue truly not being on consoles.

Otherwise... there's gonna be a 2nd 8MB Wave coming.

There was never any confirmation that it was happening on consoles due to the way they handle their save files, and the lack of console users coming here to confirm they were experiencing the issue. Out of all the posts here, I think we heard from maybe three console users and one of them had an unrelated issue.

Very true. But remember. We don't know if console users ever even reached the 8MB wall. It could feasibly be that console users were not able to do it as fast as a PC user did. While things look promising for consoles, we can't rule out definitively that maybe, just maybe they just are there yet.

Last edited:
@EnnyRose I took a look at the uncompressed sizes of your save file nodes compared to a "normal" human friend of mine, listing here the ten largest uncompressed node types of the save files:
C:\Code\cyberpunk\buddy\AutoSave-3\sav.dat
PersistencySystem: 5.13 MB
PSData: 5.12 MB
CommunitySystem: 1.08 MB
questSystem: 263.49 KB
StatsSystem: 255.98 KB
DeviceSystem: 195.36 KB
DS_DynamicConnections: 195.35 KB
TransformAnimator: 132.15 KB
Animations: 132.15 KB
customArray: 96.96 KB
C:\Code\cyberpunk\EnnyRoseNearlyBrokenSave\ManualSave-29\sav.dat
StatsSystem: 22.35 MB
PersistencySystem: 7.22 MB
PSData: 7.21 MB
CommunitySystem: 1.18 MB
DeviceSystem: 433.27 KB
DS_DynamicConnections: 433.27 KB
questSystem: 308.3 KB
TransformAnimator: 219.98 KB
Animations: 219.98 KB
ScriptableSystemsContainer: 207.03 KB

I think they're not quite as far in the game as you but most things are proportional in size, but your StatsSystem nodes are just bananas.

Note that these are uncompressed sizes and I have yet to look at how they contribute to the sizes of the compressed chunks.

True. And a great relief and fix for the game. Especially for PC. But now here's to hoping the lack of console reports actually was a sign of the issue truly not being on consoles.

Otherwise... there's gonna be a 2nd 8MB Wave coming.

Very true. But remember. We don't know if console users ever even reached the 8MB wall. It could feasibly be that console users were not able to do it as fast as a PC user did. While things look promising for consoles, we can't rule out definitively that maybe, just maybe they just are there yet.
Stop with the fear mongering please.

Top Bottom