Save Scumming Revealed Poor Game Design

+
I dont think so...it got that way because of console optimization...its less taxing on the hardware if the loot is static and not random generated...
I really REALLY doubt you would save much processing power tweaking loot generation, especially since most of the loot generation function is gonna remain the same.
Post automatically merged:

If that is true, then it is f****d up decision. It is not random dropping anymore.
Enemy loot is still random.

If slots are the same for all people for legendary items then we have a fixed number of mod slots to play with.. it will make which mods to slot, say crit and armour more of a balance decision. Hopefully this will stop the game from becoming too easy too quickly and you no longer have a reason to save scum (save scum is shit gameplay anyway)

View attachment 11153618
I wear rare and epic gear most of the time which provided 1 or 2 slots per piece max which i just put armadillo into an forgot about it on very hard, while i agree 4 could be overkill it was never the problem with difficulty, im currently lvl 17 playing on very hard steam rolling everything with a rare shotgun with zero 4 mod slot gear an only a couple rare armadillo mods with the rest green, a extra 2 or 4 slots wont make any difference at all on difficulty tbh apart from at the very start if you had run for the available legendarys at lvl 4 an even then it would only be slight

EDIT: The more i think on it the more i realise its not that big of a deal outside not putting it in patch notes because as i just said you can easily beat the game with rare/epic gear. Hopefully though it heralds changes to clothing and crafting overall in later updates

Last edited:
If that is true, then it is f****d up decision. It is not random dropping anymore.
it's not exactly random if everyone is save scumming to get max slots....

I wear rare and epic gear most of the time which provided 1 or 2 slots per piece max which i just put armadillo into an forgot about it on very hard, while i agree 4 could be overkill it was never the problem with difficulty, im currently lvl 17 playing on very hard steam rolling everything with a rare shotgun with zero 4 mod slot gear an only a couple rare armadillo mods with the rest green, a extra 2 or 4 slots wont make any difference at all on difficulty tbh apart from at the very start if you had run for the available legendary s at lvl 4 an even then it would only be slight

oh I agree, those extra slots are just overkill,.. but.. it will make the game easier to balance if they have some idea how much armour and crit people will have.. I doubt they intended everyone to have max slots on all legendaries otherwise why RNG it

So someone made a post that the random seed on legendary loot was removed, so now everything is static.
So went and checked, spawned across the map, reloaded saves, did missions and came back. Seed stayed the same.
Only time the item changed was when you forced a spawn with the console.
Which means you can't reload a save for more slots, or a different roll on the item, or a different rarity in some cases.
So if you come across a legendary item with only one slot, it's stuck with one slot.

This applies to those legendary set items that spawn in the world at specific locations, no matter what the moment you start the game the stats are set in stone.
Haven't seen it it applies to anything else, would be even more disappointing if it did.

It's bad enough you did this in the first place, even worse that you did it without telling anyone in the patch notes. How many more ninja changes are we going to discover over the next few days?

What gives? was this an intentional change or did you screw something up?
so basically, this only effects the predetermined special legendary items?

and they scale to level now? they didnt use to. they used to have predetermined ilevels

I really REALLY doubt you would save much processing power tweaking loot generation, especially since most of the loot generation function is gonna remain the same.

Enemy loot is still random.
I am on my 2nd character with over 200 hous of gameplay, you never get decent loot from random enemies and i am even playing on very hard.

it's not exactly random if everyone is save scumming to get max slots....

oh I agree, those extra slots are just overkill,.. but.. it will make the game easier to balance if they have some idea how much armour and crit people will have.. I doubt they intended everyone to have max slots on all legendaries otherwise why RNG it

rng in a single player game is usually just for people who want to play as designed.

I am on my 2nd character with over 200 hous of gameplay, you never get decent loot from random enemies and i am even playing on very hard.

loot scales to player level, I thought the OP says it only effects named legendaries, like media hat and corpo suit. Not loot from crates.
i will say its pretty rare, but not impossible. I've gotten max slot gear outside of those guaranteed legendaries

Last edited:
rng in a single player game is usually just for people who want to play as designed.

loot scales to player level, I thought the OP says it only effects named legendaries, like media hat and corpo suit. Not loot from crates.
i will say its pretty rare, but not impossible. I've gotten max slot gear outside of those guaranteed legendaries
I dont mind god-rolled items to be hard to get. The problem is if they never drop to anyone.

Why don't just make the slot fixed for each tier, I mean 1 for rare, 2 for epic and 3 for legendary, and legendary torso could have up to 4 slots for extra effects like crit etc.. Non slot legendary is useless actually.

I wonder....Is it possible....for me to Ninja the salt from this thread? Would save me a trip to the store hehe.
Seriously though, do people actually rely on loot drops over crafting? I mean crafting gives the best gear and I break down every single item that isn't Iconic and I only keeps those cause you can only get one of them(unless you cheat). I have never looted anything that was better then what I could craft except 1 jacket and that's prolly only because I haven't found all the clothing BPs yet.

I kind of think it's hilarious how some folks panic and freak out about the slightest changes as soon as they happen with a game, especially when a game has only just barely come out.

Take a breath. Take another breath. Wait a minute.
It'll get fixed later.
All the bugs and things that are changing is a process.

The game has yet to reach its final form.

final form.jpg

So, please, try to relax.

If you're on PC, just download one of the mods from Nexus that lets you make the things you want to make Legendary into Legendary stuff if you just can't wait.

:)

Seems like a nice forum.
Hello.

I came home from work today excited there was a patch.:whistle:
I was in the process of saving and loading an older game state because of an error that permanently disabled my double jump and ability to even draw my weapons.
I had to go back to a save, that happened was a legendary I was about to pick up. I got a nicely slotted one from reloading a couple of times.
:rolleyes:
Why do I keep getting the same one with no slots?
Better reload again.
OMG!!!!!!
Is this for real?:eek:

Panic.
Nope, patch says nothing about this. Clearly a bug.
Comes to this forum expressly for this issue.
I mean, there has been a few, I can negotiate this, but, rerolls..... No.

My worst fears are true.

I feel deflated., defeated, reduced to a shadow in the the darkest pit of despair.

Please reverse this or improve it.
I really can't play until it does.

Cry.

I've already put CP down until mod tools are released, but I kinda get it. Playing all the way through the game only to wind up with a 1 slot version of an item that you really want would be pretty disappointing, and a feels bad moment that's totally unnecessary. Like... it's a single player game, who freaking cares if you scum 4 slots? Why not just make all legendary gear max slot potential?

Like... it's a single player game, who freaking cares if you scum 4 slots? Why not just make all legendary gear max slot potential?

I don't think anyone really "cares" if anyone saves scums. It just really funny, in my opinion, to see people lose their minds cause they can't anymore, in this case.

Serious question though, and I get its a single player game and all but I am curious, why bother to play a game in the first place if you are just going to cheat your way through it? And why waste time save scuming when you could just use the console or edited your save file?

Top Bottom