Save Scumming Revealed Poor Game Design

+
Fixed one-time item spawns with random stats and random slots is just dumb.

IMO the legendary clothing sets should either have fixed slots (max) or should drop randomly in such a way players have multiple chances to obtain them with better / best stat and slot combinations.

are you more annoyed by the power lost, or by the unique appearances not being useful? just curious
I wanted to use the cop set, rolled for max or close to max amount of sockets if with desired legendary mod... and the cloth clips through body when on a bike -_-

Aside of that if you don't want to waste 18 in tech that's the only legendary clothing option so you are saving a set until 50 then collecting - if that turns out to be inferior to shop epics then it's getting kind of annoying. And to craft legendary clothes other than you get from tech leveling must be purchased at first 24h of visit or they disappear due to a bug.

Recently I was comparing farmed Overtures from Valentinos and there were weak ones with +60% ricochet damage but also others with 90+% crit chance and crit damage. Headshot from like 2x to 7x. With such large ranges of randomness there is no chance of having any sort of balance - and trying different builds is what keeps some players invested for more than one play-through. Right now some system are shallow while other are unbalanced and any build reaches god-hood before Konpeki.

I wanted to use the cop set, rolled for max or close to max amount of sockets if with desired legendary mod... and the cloth clips through body when on a bike -_-

Aside of that if you don't want to waste 18 in tech that's the only legendary clothing option so you are saving a set until 50 then collecting - if that turns out to be inferior to shop epics then it's getting kind of annoying. And to craft legendary clothes other than you get from tech leveling must be purchased at first 24h of visit or they disappear due to a bug.

Recently I was comparing farmed Overtures from Valentinos and there were weak ones with +60% ricochet damage but also others with 90+% crit chance and crit damage. Headshot from like 2x to 7x. With such large ranges of randomness there is no chance of having any sort of balance - and trying different builds is what keeps some players invested for more than one play-through. Right now some system are shallow while other are unbalanced and any build reaches god-hood before Konpeki.
interesting 7x headshot seems like a bug, nothing else gives such a crazy multiplier, that I've seen. I will say, you can get legendary clothing without crafting. Unless this patch removed all legendary clothing from drops/boxes. Max mod items are definitely not common though.

regardless, I think they probably need a better system for appearance vs armor stats.
it is possible that crafting is supposed to be the main way for itemization mastery, but as you said, its currently bugged/underdeveloped for that purpose.

There is an easy solution to this

Step 1: Make all items have a standard number of mod slots per rarity (this has been recommended numerous times)
Step 2: Make it so that after you upgrade an item enough times it will increase the rarity and therefore the number of mod slots
Step 3: Make the upgrade costs static instead of increasing because the current upgrade cost system seems like it was designed by someone who doesn't understand how math works.

That way everyone can use any item they want to look however they want and not gimp themselves. Everyone wins, nobody loses.

I mean, is this game supposed to be a fun experience or not?

This is horrible and has sucked the life out of this game for me.
After getting slotless final gear I'm broken hearted.

its not exactly final gear, most of the guaranteed legendaries you can get either as soon as you can get to the location, which beginning of the game for Watson, or after the heist for everyone else

Who did they think would be happy looting a legendary with no slots if you know four slots are possible?

I'd approve of this fix only if items drop with all slots available.

BTW, I'm speaking primarily of the legendary outfit sets, which you can loot long before you can even wear most pieces. And yes, I did reload quite frequently since sometimes pieces came up with no slots and sometimes with two, three or four.

Random loot and random crafting have no place in a single player game at all.

Looks like they mindlessly borrowed this approach from MMORPG. However we don't pay monthly fee here and there are no daily quests or weekly raids so why RNG ???

It's incredible that they made a system this bad, because it was criticized when they did it in The Witcher 3. Like, did they even listened to feedbacks from that game?

The itemization in this game is one of the worst in the history of RPGs

I'm glad I got everything I wanted before this happened. I hope they introduce a better system, so everybody will be happy and have a chance to get all the items with max slots.

Last edited:
More time passes more I think that this game will simply die and no DLC will bring any attention :( I'm soo saad :(

are you more annoyed by the power lost, or by the unique appearances not being useful? just curious

actually both - first what's the point in legendary themed sets if a) vendor or even less tier openworld drops have more slots and b) u can't use them as set for that given reason for fashion purpose? - it's just poor game design that legendarys are not best in slot items in general.

what's the point in naming them legendary at all?
Post automatically merged:

its not exactly final gear, most of the guaranteed legendaries you can get either as soon as you can get to the location, which beginning of the game for Watson, or after the heist for everyone else

also not true some parts are gated behind side missions - some corp set parts for example only appear after I fought the law - there might be other parts of other sets which are gated like that as well (net runner on the industrial pillar f.e but not sure which mission unlocks it tbh, as well as one of the reporter parts in the badlands)

my 3rd char was running for the sets straight after the heist and a lot of them were missing cause I haven't done a single side mission at that point.

Last edited:
even people without crafting stats can upgrade gear. I have crafted a lot.

crafted gear = picked up gear in that it matches your current level.
you don't need any crafting stats to craft mods, this is influenced primarily by your level.
you can upgrade crafted items with tiers based on your level. I don't have all the exact numbers but at 35, you could upgrade to 50.

a crafter will have access to mod slots way earlier/easier than a non crafter EXCEPT for these guaranteed "legendary" drops. I put legendary in quotes, because rarity is mostly about mod slots. They get a slightly higher base defense roll, but they all have the same max defense cap, and slots are most important factor for defense. I guess, guaranteed legendaries remove most crafting advantages, leaving only that its cheaper to upgrade, and access to legendary iconic weapons.

so the big difference is a crafter gets much easier access to good gear earlier.

the flaw though, is stats/skills are actually very powerful. the non crafter will be stronger than the crafter.

basically cool beats crafting with various boosts to dps and defense. It doesn't help that crafting's armor boost appears not to be working, but then again lots of other traits appear not to be working as well.
Post automatically merged:

they aren't useless, they are just not as good as a good roll on another legendary, but other legendaries are harder to get by far.

I'm mostly annoyed about losing good looking armor since there is no transmog/vanity slots.
Honestly the legendary outer/inner torso crafted items is looking really bad.

Also about not being able to upgrade, I'd love to get the yourinobus shirt and pants on male v as legendary but you need to do this mission before high level enough to get them as legendaries and now I think it is impossible.

I'm on console so I can't cheat my way to good looking stuff. If I was on PC there would be no complaints I'd just use mods/console to get it done, like in Fallout 4 and Skyrim, so I could get a look I wanted.

Like running around in a dress/suit with same armor as power armor and a ring for rad resistance, or using the faction armors in Skyrim that are not very good without tweaking them and so on.

I'm mostly annoyed about losing good looking armor since there is no transmog/vanity slots.
Honestly the legendary outer/inner torso crafted items is looking really bad.

Also about not being able to upgrade, I'd love to get the yourinobus shirt and pants on male v as legendary but you need to do this mission before high level enough to get them as legendaries and now I think it is impossible.

I'm on console so I can't cheat my way to good looking stuff. If I was on PC there would be no complaints I'd just use mods/console to get it done, like in Fallout 4 and Skyrim, so I could get a look I wanted.

Like running around in a dress/suit with same armor as power armor and a ring for rad resistance, or using the faction armors in Skyrim that are not very good without tweaking them and so on.

yeah, on one of my early replays I decided it was going to be all about fashion first. After fully exploring crafting, And hours of checking shops I realized nothing in game will really allow you to have the visuals you want and the stats you may want. Except extremely random drops, or save scumming some of the predetermined pieces. (but that only works if you want those appearances)

I think they should work on this, but realistically, devs probably have this as low priority.

What bothers me is that after 160 hours played I haven't seen at least sixty percent of the clothing items in the game. All the PC crowd gets the good shit with console commands and I'm stuck spamming the clothing stores for hours on end still having not ever seen a legendary crafting spec.

This entire system from top to bottom sucks.​

What bothers me is that after 160 hours played I haven't seen at least sixty percent of the clothing items in the game. All the PC crowd gets the good shit with console commands and I'm stuck spamming the clothing stores for hours on end still having not ever seen a legendary crafting spec.

This entire system from top to bottom sucks.​

because the vendors are bugged - its known since the beginning that they won't sell them if u dont get them on first attempt, they won't reappear afterwards no matter how often u skip time...

Top Bottom