Scoia’tael or Skellige — who will win the new Faction Challenge?

+

Guest 4226291

Doydl;n10513622 said:
I see people suggesting the winning faction getting more rewards - please never do that again CDPR, the way it is now is perfect and I actually enjoyed playing it supporting my overall most played faction (skellige). You can call me "omg you want to play safe, no risks booooring", but this is just more fair to everyone.
The problem with "the winner gets more rewards" is that then most people are going to wait and speculate, which then forces you to simply play along and join the winning faction so you don't fall behind with rewards (in the first challenge it was by a huge amount) and look like an idiot just because you sticked with something you liked. Like the previous 2 challenges could last either 1 year or only 3 days - it wouldn't matter since the winner is declared after the first day once everyone jumps on the winning train.
So if you people really want the winner to get more, the only way of making it not abusable would be that you are randomly given one of the 2 factions participating, which of course everyone will hate because RNG.

It’s not perfect at all. It’s not even a faction battle. It’s “get a certain amount of wins with a faction of your choice to get a border”. The winning faction should simply get more in order for it to be a challenge. The title and border should be available to both (but you get it automatically as a win) but must get a certain amount of wins to gat it if you lose (30 is a bit too high for a week imo). The winning faction should get something small like an extra 400 meteorite powder, and automatically the other rewards while the losing faction can get them but they have to achieve some wins for it. As well as someone has to choose a faction before they play any games, or as soon as they log on. That way one can’t wait until the end to choose a side.

In my opinion current faction rules are best. There should not be a additional award for a winner, just it should be information about winner and how many wins and % of wins for each faction). Previous faction challenge was stupid as awards was for 1 win or there was great disproportion in awards. It caused that everyone played one faction and these loyal to there faction was 'awarded' by almost nothing (especially i was little angry in the firs event when they doubled awards even if there was a huge disproportion in award from the start).

Here are the final results!

Thank you for participating in the Challenge - all rewards will be distributed within the next few hours.

Why did we need to go in game to select a faction when last time it was automatic, i just lost my rewards for SK because i never visit the news tab....

would of made more sense to have it auto, but if u wanted a diff reward u could select another one, rather than change it from how it was before........got to GM with SK for the first time and wanted to celebrate with that cool border...RIP

Alas, it appears the humans were driven to the sea. I enjoyed this variant of the challenge, but let's hope for a better way to monitor how many games you'd won for the future. :)

First of all, congrats to all the ST warriors and cheers to SK, we had a fun week (albeit maybe a bit too undiverse) :)

I am just wondering whether this result is purely because of the fact that about 2/3 of the decks I went against were Scoia'tael and of course the more popular faction is going to win or is there some kind of normalization? The results seem surprising to me since I beat ST more than I lost against with my Tuirseach warriors, but I guess I don't know what other SK players were doing... I expected ST to win, to be sure, given the strength and popularity of the mulligan meta atm (and to be a bit salty, also the boringness as it seemed that every single mulligan deck was exactly the same as any other), but this seems a bit too much.
So to clarify the question I might have blurred with my rant: are these results just pure, unaltered counts of wins? Or are they normalized with regards to the number of games played with a faction? So for example if 40000 ST games were played and 20000 won vs 15000 SK games and 10000 won - absolute results are 2:1, relative would be 3:4. I know this example is too simple as it doesn't account for same faction matches and so on, but I just want to know the methodology of statistics.

spacecop666 that feels bad man, you should have read the notes or even clicked the Faction Challenge tile inside the game. I believe it would be a good thing if the game chose a faction automatically by the end of the challenge (the one you won the most with), if you forgot to pick one.

spacecop666;n10516782 said:
Why did we need to go in game to select a faction when last time it was automatic, i just lost my rewards for SK because i never visit the news tab....

would of made more sense to have it auto, but if u wanted a diff reward u could select another one, rather than change it from how it was before........got to GM with SK for the first time and wanted to celebrate with that cool border...RIP

i am very sorry (no ironic), but how did you notice there is a challenge, if you never look into news?

how did you know what to do, which wins needed etc.?

you got the info somehow and i bet you have seen the official anouncement ... there are the new rules listed too

i know some people are even to lazy to read. well shit happens. next time you know it

sorry again

Theodrik;n10516862 said:
spacecop666 that feels bad man, you should have read the notes or even clicked the Faction Challenge tile inside the game. I believe it would be a good thing if the game chose a faction automatically by the end of the challenge (the one you won the most with), if you forgot to pick one.

it was automatic before....why change it? it made no sense.....why would i check something like that when last time, a few weeks ago it was that way............they could of put it on the play/collection screen everyone visits if they play the game...not every one visits the news tab....

Funky69;n10516932 said:
i am very sorry (no ironic), but how did you notice there is a challenge, if you never look into news?

how did you know what to do, which wins needed etc.?

you got the info somehow and i bet you have seen the official anouncement ... there are the new rules listed too

i know some people are even to lazy to read. well shit happens. next time you know it

sorry again

lol okay dude i didnt mean i LITERALLY never visited the news tab, i have before, but i dont check it frequently, and i learned about the challenge thru streamers. and why would they change it in a way like that? should of made it so u auto get the one with more wins, or u can select a different one if it was about being able to pick one or the other....and i got more than 100 wins with SK so i wasnt worried about tier'd rewards i knew id get them all(if it was still auto)

South8;n10516852 said:
I am just wondering whether this result is purely because of the fact that about 2/3 of the decks I went against were Scoia'tael

Of course it's just about popularity. The best leaders in the game now are Brouver Hoog, Dagon, Arachas Qeen, Crach, Harald and Henselt and they are all at about the same level.

Eithne got nerfed into the ground and really isn't good anymore. Francesca is OK but nothing special.

Meh... I always pick the unfavoured faction for the challenge... But it is fine! I rather play what I like, not what is more convenient :D

Gz to the ST, glory to SK! LOLOLOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats to you Scoia’tael players

The thing about Vikings though ...we always come back to raid in bigger numbers

[video=youtube_share;ZdWXeNaPO-o]https://youtu.be/ZdWXeNaPO-o[/video]

Top Bottom