Screenshot & Artwork collection - Part II

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If volumertic clouds are not in what kind of clouds do they have in games?

Absolutely no idea as I am no expert in such matters. I just higly doubt they are static as they cast shadows and then it would be a static shadows constantly which goes against the rest of the world which is highly dynamic.

Absolutely no idea as I am no expert in such matters. I just higly doubt they are static as they cast shadows and then it would be a static shadows constantly which goes against the rest of the world which is highly dynamic.

I'm sure someone else will respond then

If volumertic clouds are not in what kind of clouds do they have in games?

Im no more knolageable than OliverDK but I would say that they would not use volumetric clouds as it is expensive and ultra already has hair works as a main feature, it doesn't need a complicated particle simulation on top.

semi volumetric clouds will likely be in the witcher, we have no reason to suggest otherwise, I don't think they will be used for all clouds though and by guess since this is an open world game they will be used along with static clouds in the sky box and for details that are dynamic or closer to the player. now I'm not sure but in the PAX game play, you can see some clouds during the sun rise and when the wyvern appears that are noticeably separate from the sky behind them, they are also the clouds that are most reactive to light and are in motion. this is noticeable especially during the wyvern fight.

Last edited:
Im no more knolageable than OliverDK but I would say that they would not use volumetric clouds as it is expensive and ultra already has hair works as a main feature, it doesn't need a complicated particle simulation on top.

semi volumetric clouds will likely be in the witcher, we have no reason to suggest otherwise, I don't think they will be used for all clouds though and by guess since this is an open world game they will be used along with static clouds in the sky box and for details that are dynamic or closer to the player. now I'm not sure but in the PAX game play, you can see some clouds during the sun rise and when the wyvern appears that are noticeably separate from the sky behind them, they are also the clouds that are most reactive to light and are in motion. this is noticeable especially during the wyvern fight.

Hmmm so a bunch of different clouds........ok

Hmmm so a bunch of different clouds........ok

Don't sound so condescending, people here are trying to awnser you.
Besides were does it say the volumetric clouds are gone? Or did you figure that from a screenshot? (You know a still, non-moving shot that can't display the dynamic weather or clouds)

Last edited:
It's so frustrating to not know what type of clouds are in the game. Volumertic, semi volumertic, or just static clouds......ugh.
Semi-volumetric, that's always been the case for example the Effects video from 2013, that says Semi-volumetric clouds and they definitely cast shadows. There was never any talk of 'fully volumetric clouds' but instead 'volumetric fog'.

Now then might I remind you that this is the screenshots/artworks thread, not the cloud tech discussion thread?

Semi-volumetric, that's always been the case for example the Effects video from 2013, that says Semi-volumetric clouds and they definitely cast shadows. There was never any talk of 'fully volumetric clouds' but instead 'volumetric fog'.

Now then might I remind you that this is the screenshots/artworks thread, not the cloud tech discussion thread?

Thread derail attempt #72 : failed

For those that haven't seen the gamestar screens, I can confirm they look great. There is one shot of the fields with different color grass, dense with great draw distance, very nice, very Witcher 1 almost.

I can confirm the flat bricks which were raised as an issue in the January press event, with the obvious right angles are still present and just as obvious in these screens. So the screenshots were either taken from an earlier build, or the bricks have not been fixed in this build.

For those that haven't seen the gamestar screens, I can confirm they look great. There is one shot of the fields with different color grass, dense with great draw distance, very nice, very Witcher 1 almost.

I can confirm the flat bricks which were raised as an issue in the January press event, with the obvious right angles are still present and just as obvious in these screens. So the screenshots were either taken from an earlier build, or the bricks have not been fixed in this build.

Remember that this is a print magazine, so the images would have been given to them several weeks in advance. They're not going to be from a new build.

For those that haven't seen the gamestar screens, I can confirm they look great. There is one shot of the fields with different color grass, dense with great draw distance, very nice, very Witcher 1 almost..

I can't tell if this is sarcasm....... :unsure:

Correct me if I'm wrong @Sken: He probably talks about the picture where there is a really beautiful meadow with different coloured vegetation (looks like red) and all, and it is reminiscent of the "Fields" map next to Murky Waters in Witcher 1. It looks absolutely stunning (If you were talking about that one of course) :)

Correct me if I'm wrong @Sken: He probably talks about the picture where there is a really beautiful meadow with different coloured vegetation (looks like red) and all, and it is reminiscent of the "Fields" map next to Murky Waters in Witcher 1. It looks absolutely stunning (If you were talking about that one of course) :)
that's the one, very beautiful, same mood and vibe as Witcher 1, but much better looking.

You've got to admit it is a very fine screenshot. The horse distracts a wee bit from the image, from a purely compositional standpoint, though.

I must admit?

I do not understand what you mean. I'm really impressed with the image and all the others.

I must admit?

I do not understand what you mean. I'm really impressed with the image and all the others.

It's a figure of speech, nothing more. Naturally, all the images are very impressive. I merely singled this one out as particularly attractive to my eye.

-deleted post-

There is only the one publicly available that I've posted here. For the rest you have to wait or buy the magazine.

My personal favorite from the magazine article is the world map of the game to be honest. It's an artwork (and has nothing to do with in-engine screens) but it's just perfect imo.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom