Season of the Elves has started!

+
I thought that with the season start that we'd get all the rewards below the rank we are calculated at. I restarted at rank 12 so I was hoping for 7 additional kegs, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Doesn't this encourage me to lose rank at the end of a season in order for me to have a chance at those rewards in the next season?

I'm new, and this has been my first ranked reset, so I'm not sure if this is a valid point.

cloak111;n10737651 said:
I thought that with the season start that we'd get all the rewards below the rank we are calculated at.

That used to be the case, but it was changed when CDPR switched from a 2-month to a 1-month season. When you reach a higher rank you get twice the rewards already, one immediately and one from the end of season rewards. If you also would have gotten the skipped ranks on top of that, it would be too much. In the end, ranking up still gives you more rewards than trying to down-rank for the next season.

4RM3D;n10737751 said:
That used to be the case, but it was changed when CDPR switched from a 2-month to a 1-month season. When you reach a higher rank you get twice the rewards already, one immediately and one from the end of season rewards. If you also would have gotten the skipped ranks on top of that, it would be too much. In the end, ranking up still gives you more rewards than trying to down-rank for the next season.

I see, thanks for clarifying!

Lisandre;n10737581 said:
No content, and no balance to clearly problematics cards and archetipes ? (I'm talking to you, wardancers!), so, it's EXACTLY the same thing as last month? Bye guys, see you all in the nxt month, I guess...
Agree. Also tired to see the same meta for 3 consecutive seasons.

I thought that the Roche avatar was given because it was difficult to get the season it was given, and I can't argue with that, the dwarven season was a nightmare (the worst from my perspective). But now they are giving away the (somewhat exclusive) Iorveth avatar? The only exclusive avatar to the end will be Geralt Witcher 1 smh. Is there a reason to grind to top rank now?

cloak111;n10737651 said:
[...]Doesn't this encourage me to lose rank at the end of a season in order for me to have a chance at those rewards in the next season?[...]
depends on if you care about the "Top X" rewards... if you don't then yes, ut encourages exactly that.

4RM3D;n10737751 said:
[...]When you reach a higher rank you get twice the rewards already, one immediately and one from the end of season rewards.[...]
did you forget all those rank up and season end rewards were cut in half rounded down when they changed format? the real replacement is the quests.

@ people not playing because their pet peeve hasn't been patched:
Thank you. the more of you there are, the better my chances of getting a better title...well unless you all suck, then please don't quit, I need easy opponents to beat = D

Lilayah;n10726901 said:
Make sure that you check the rewards that you, Aen Seidhe and Aen Elle, will fight for :
With all due respect to the RED artists, honestly, and unfortunately, personally, I find these borders for Neophyte to Swordmaster rather lack-lustre, and doubt I'd have that much incentive to strive towards them as rewards. (I know I couldn't reach Swordmaster, or beyond, for certain.)

To me, at least, the elements of these frames don't appear to quite match the Elves. Additionally, it seems slightly odd that there is no sword for the Swordmaster, only a short-bow. Although the Scoia'tael can be ragtag at times, the style and patterns of their clothing and uniforms have always been rather intriguing -- Iorveth's little collection of 'mementos', for example.
(I also miss the green, foliage motif.)

Last edited:
In my opinion meta balans is best then previous ones. Of course i understand that there are a problem with no big changes in cards etc which can be boring in a long time. But I dont agree to make changes just for changes. I would like another news cards and/or try to change almost not used cards to increase diversiry in game.

But to be honest i also tried with contact complaining about everything which i read on forum

The rank 10 border looks awesome, nice and simple just the way I like borders! Additionally Wardancer has got to be one of the best titles so far, I'm sure most people know why.

LeinarthSquirrel;n10738311 said:
I thought that the Roche avatar was given because it was difficult to get the season it was given, and I can't argue with that, the dwarven season was a nightmare (the worst from my perspective). But now they are giving away the (somewhat exclusive) Iorveth avatar? The only exclusive avatar to the end will be Geralt Witcher 1 smh. Is there a reason to grind to top rank now?

I like it better, I don't want to and can't play Gwent my complete free time to unlock avatars. Get the borders or titles if you want to have something unique and want to show off how far you got, avatars should always be accessible to everyone, it's the only way we can communicate with each other as players and it represents us the most in my opinion.

Your frustration is understandable but it's mixed with selfishness if you ask me, no offense to you. I grinded for Eredin myself and I know it'll be abailable to pretty much everyone soon and at first I reacted the same way you did but after thinking about it I came to the conclusion that I reacted in a selfish manner, especially since I myself was always saying that avatars should be more accessible. That is my opinion on the matter, feel free to let me know what you think if you like.

BlunderMan;n10738691 said:
We're overdue for balancing, but I'd rather they get it right rather than rush to release it.

They're not holding onto a patch because of getting it right. They're holding onto it because of frikking Challenger. So the rest of us get to wade through this muck for another month just so the 8 people at the top don't get sad. :rolleyes:

Got Rank 21 last season, but I can't see an option for pro ladder. Does it start later than ranked or is there something I'm missing?

I feel so so so so so stupid now. I wonder why I spent so much time grind to 4250 mmr to get that exclusive avatar past seasons. No new avatar from now on? Is CDPR getting lazy? Very disappointed!

Eeejus;n10739101 said:
Got Rank 21 last season, but I can't see an option for pro ladder. Does it start later than ranked or is there something I'm missing?

Not sure but maybe it's because Pro-Seasons are two months and you are right in the midst of it. Don't worry, it will open for you at some point.

twinkiegorilla;n10738941 said:
They're not holding onto a patch because of getting it right. They're holding onto it because of frikking Challenger. So the rest of us get to wade through this muck for another month just so the 8 people at the top don't get sad. :rolleyes:

Exactly this. Around 25-30 days ago they promised balance changes, now, they promise a roadmap. To a game that like to boast it's "beta" tag, the devs are pretty reluctant in making necessary balance changes. And sometimes they seems more worried in creating an "esport scene" than having an real product/game.

partci;n10739131 said:
Not sure but maybe it's because Pro-Seasons are two months and you are right in the midst of it. Don't worry, it will open for you at some point.

Oh I see, thanks for clearing that up for me buddy!

Guest 4226291

It’s kind of sad now to have no balance changes for three whole months. Especially after we were promised that such changes would be more frequent this year. They only care about the esport scene and not about the regular game. Or it feels that way

I haven't ever reached any of the top 10 000 avatars but I honestly think that they should be left exclusive to the better players. Or at least this Iorveth here and the Geralt, Yen, etc. ones, because after all we all can play with Iorveth, Geralt, Yen, etc. avatars which are available to anyone. A unique avatar that everyone recognizes creates well earned respect for the better players.

Last edited:
Top Bottom