Secret room in Pilippa's house

+
Secret room in Pilippa's house

On the map in Pilippa's house in Vergen you can see some space behind the wardrobe besides the bed. Anyone know how to access it? There should be something, as Geralt's medallion also vibrated near there.

I think Geralt's medallion vibrates because of the statuette portraying Emhyr var Emreis, on her desk. That statuette contains Triss Merigold in her compressed form.

I have never heard of a secret room whatsoever.

I'm not sure about that,i think that is another figurine, it vibrates because it senses high magic , quite normal considering the residents .
I don't think Triss is in the figurine , in that case it means it was compressed with Philippa consent ,otherwise it makes no sense, Philippa would have sensed her presence , when you cross the mist for royal blood the imperial ambassador is saying that his sorcerer sensed Triss approaching so Philippa not sensing Triss in her home is out of the question .
My interpretations was : Triss flees the troll and arrives to Vergen during the peace negotiations and goes to Philippa house where she encounters only Cynthia who casts the spell on her and immediately dispatches a messenger to the Nilfgaardian camp with the figurine . Unfortunately for the guy , the mist emerges and he is wounded almost when he was about to leave the battlefield area and dies a short distance further , where Geralt finds him afterwards . Fearing she might be revealed , Cynthia flees to Loc Muine when Geralt crosses the mist . On the Roche's path she seems to cross the mist herself with the figurine .
Another interpretation is that Philippa knew all along that Triss in her house and Cynthia betrayed her right when Gerald decided to cross the mist and Philippa leaves Vergen to help him . Fearing Philippa would sense her presence, Cynthia sends a messenger with the figurine , in this variant i assume that guy runs like hell and crosses the mist before Geralt (pretty unconvincing) .
What do you think ?

Last edited:
My interpretations was : Triss flees the troll and arrives to Vergen during the peace negotiations and goes to Philippa house where she encounters only Cynthia who casts the spell on her and immediately dispatches a messenger to the Nilfgaardian camp with the figurine . Unfortunately for the guy , the mist emerges and he is wounded almost when he was about to leave the battlefield area and dies a short distance further , where Gerald finds him afterwards . Fearing she might be revealed , Cynthia flees to Loc Muine when Gerald crosses the mist . On the Roche's path she seems to cross the mist herself with the figurine .

That's the case. When Geralt finds out about this and tells Philippa about it, she's naturally outraged (as Cynthia was working against her and the logue of sorceresses, too), but also feeling helpless she only says "Back to Vergen".

What may create some doubts if the fact that Philippa asks for a rose of remembrance form the very beginning as being part of the cure , which is a very rare ingredient ( albeit i guess Iorveth could assist with that if need be ) and time was somehow of the essence since Saskia was needed on her feet if they were to stand a chance of repelling the assault . It is clear that she realized Saskia is a dragon and she will survive the poison until the remedy is prepared and by adding this ingredient she can control the dragon, this creates two scenarios :
1. she had the rose all along
2. she was to make sure the mist will not be dispelled until Saskia is well and under her control ,there is no evidence of Geralt or other main character trying to get the rose ( a good idea would have been for the developers to add this to Iorveth , since he leaves Vergen at some point and arrives during the assault ) . I guess this is the correct interpretation .

A weak point in this dragon thing is the scene with Geralt and Saskia underground when she transforms into a dragon and Dethmold flees , i don't understand why the developers created this scene the way they did, they should have used other sorcerer like Dethmold's Apprentice that you fight in the Roche's path and have him killed . I mean , someone that knew Saskia is a dragon just fled and is in the enemy camp, the secret is out, he will not tell Henselt : " Sire, a minor detail, the leader of the rebels is a dragon that can burn our entire army " ?

Last edited:
What may create some doubts if the fact that Philippa asks for a rose of remembrance form the very beginning as being part of the cure , which is a very rare ingredient ( albeit i guess Iorveth could assist with that if need be ) and time was somehow of the essence since Saskia was needed on her feet if they were to stand a chance of repelling the assault . It is clear that she realized Saskia is a dragon and she will survive the poison until the remedy is prepared and by adding this ingredient she can control the dragon, this creates two scenarios :
1. she had the rose all along
2. she was to make sure the mist will not be dispelled until Saskia is well and under her control ,there is no evidence of Geralt or other main character trying to get the rose ( a good idea would have been for the developers to add this to Iorveth , since he leaves Vergen at some point and arrives during the assault ) . I guess this is the correct interpretation .

A weak point in this dragon thing is the scene with Geralt and Saskia underground when she transforms into a dragon and Dethmold flees , i don't understand why the developers created this scene the way they did, they should have used other sorcerer like Dethmold's Apprentice that you fight in the Roche's path and have him killed . I mean , someone that knew Saskia is a dragon just fled and is in the enemy camp, the secret is out, he will not tell Henselt : " Sire, a minor detail, the leader of the rebels is a dragon that can burn our entire army " ?

The scene shortly afterwards is presumably the answer to that - Philippa makes sure that Dethmold isn't around for long enough to tell anyone.

Top Bottom