Series X Pixelated Visual Artifacting FSR 2.1 | DRS

+
Or it could be a game issue and not the system.
Yeah, because on PC, it's a know fact, drivers never cause any (visual) issue! It never happened...
Consoles are not different than PC. Issues can be due to the game indeed, but also to OS or to drivers, something that Studios can't really "fix" by their own. But I guess, it's easier to blame games first :)

Yeah, because on PC, it's a know fact, drivers never cause any (visual) issue! It never happened...
Consoles are not different than PC. Issues can be due to the game indeed, but also to OS or to drivers, something that Studios can't really "fix" by their own. But I guess, it's easier to blame games first :)
The fact you can replicate the issue on PC by using the same settings the Xbox uses means it's a engine issue I'm not trying to fight with anyone but dismissing people's experiences does not help fix issues ether.
Post automatically merged:

It could be an issue how this version of Red engine works with the DX12 API because the PS5 doesn't use that API playstation uses a custom one

Last edited:
To all of you. Reported it since the beginning. With pictures, videos, explanation and so on. As you can see, nothing happend. I'm sure they'll wait for FSR 3.0 which seems to be released for cyberpunk this fall. Before this nothing will happen.

To all of you. Reported it since the beginning. With pictures, videos, explanation and so on. As you can see, nothing happend. I'm sure they'll wait for FSR 3.0 which seems to be released for cyberpunk this fall. Before this nothing will happen.
tried the 2.01 Update few minutes ago.. man.. this game is not playable atm on xbox.. flickering is on its highest level and paired with other artefact flashing from time to time AND also big fps drops in dogtown..
I made some videos and post them again on reddit. horrible unpolished state. In my opinion visually UNPLAYABLE!

And yes, maybe they wait for FSR 3 and try to act like they dont know til then.

Or it could be a game issue and not the system.
If that were the case, then every single player would be seeing exactly the same issue. This isn't the case. A very small percentage of players are reporting it. Hence, it's not directly a game issue.

That doesn't mean that it won't be fixable at the game level, but in order to do so, the source of the issue must first be found. If the team can't reliably re-create the issue, then it will continue to be a problem.

Sometimes, these sorts of issues can be stubborn. It's likely something AMD will need to handle on the FSR end for the console drivers. I've used DLSS on PC, and there's no pixelization. (My only graphical issue is flickering shadows at certain times of day in the badlands. That's also not universal. It has to do with my particular setup. I have a buddy that uses the same GPU, and he does not get the flickering shadows at all.)

The end result is always the same. It doesn't matter if the bug is widespread or extremely rare. It doesn't matter if it's really easy to fix or incredibly difficult to fix. In order to fix anything, the devs must be able to track down the source of the issue. The only way to do that (if the issue isn't known to one of the coders) is a systematic process of elimination. There are literally millions of variables that can potentially affect an issue. This one is apparently a tough chestnut.

Good news people it is confirmed they are aware of the issue and are working on it
If that were the case, then every single player would be seeing exactly the same issue. This isn't the case. A very small percentage of players are reporting it. Hence, it's not directly a game issue.

That doesn't mean that it won't be fixable at the game level, but in order to do so, the source of the issue must first be found. If the team can't reliably re-create the issue, then it will continue to be a problem.

Sometimes, these sorts of issues can be stubborn. It's likely something AMD will need to handle on the FSR end for the console drivers. I've used DLSS on PC, and there's no pixelization. (My only graphical issue is flickering shadows at certain times of day in the badlands. That's also not universal. It has to do with my particular setup. I have a buddy that uses the same GPU, and he does not get the flickering shadows at all.)

The end result is always the same. It doesn't matter if the bug is widespread or extremely rare. It doesn't matter if it's really easy to fix or incredibly difficult to fix. In order to fix anything, the devs must be able to track down the source of the issue. The only way to do that (if the issue isn't known to one of the coders) is a systematic process of elimination. There are literally millions of variables that can potentially affect an issue. This one is apparently a tough chestnut.
It just seems like your trying to push all the blame on the platform and not entertaining the idea that it could be a problem with the game you do realize we love the game and CDPR and really want to play this amazing game with the optimal visual fidelity of said platform.

Not every Xbox user that plays this game and yes it effects every Xbox series console is going to report this issue not everyone goes to forums the fact that digital foundry has this issue on all of their Xbox series systems means it's a extremely common issue to the point where CDPR is aware of the issue and are actively working on it.

Last edited:
Good news people it is confirmed they are aware of the issue and are working on it

It just seems like your trying to push all the blame on the platform and not entertaining the idea that it could be a problem with the game you do realize we love the game and CDPR and really want to play this amazing game with the optimal visual fidelity of said platform.

Not every Xbox user that plays this game and yes it effects every Xbox series console is going to report this issue not everyone goes to forums the fact that digital foundry has this issue on all of their Xbox series systems means it's a extremely common issue to the point where CDPR is aware of the issue and are actively working on it.
I dont take Pawels answer as a "we work actively on it" but yeah.. at least it was a bit calming hearing it from him.

I think the FSR 3 theory makes the most sense. But when does it come? next month? next year? ...:shrug:

Quick question to anyone having this issue do you have the game installed on an SSD expansion card or on the internal SSD storage?

No, I'm identifying exactly what the situation is. If the cause (the source, the root) of the issue were known, then the response you received from CDPR would have been: "This is a known issue. It's caused by [InsertReason] in the [InsertSpecificSource]. This will be addressed in an upcoming patch."

The response you received was: "Topic is known to our rendering team, but I don’t have any updates I can share at this point, sorry choom." You know the problem exists. I know the problem exists. CDPR knows the problem exists. That's a far cry from knowing how and why the problem exists.

If the source of the problem cannot be found, it cannot be fixed. If the source of the problem can be identified, then it will be fixed. This is the way every bug will work with every game.

Yes, this part seems to be true after the 2.0 update. And from everything I can find, it's the way that specular lighting is being handled by the game. Switching graphical settings to Medium apparently removes graphical process causing it.

But that still doesn't explain why the XBX is displaying the higher settings incorrectly. Exactly what I've said above remains true:
In order to fix the issue, we need to know where it's coming from. Why does this setting display correctly on PC? PS5? Geforce Now? No idea. Well, then, in order to try to fix it:

Please, keep your eye out for any changes you notice in the future. If you can detect different behavior after a game patch, a system update, etc., send in another ticket and identify what has changed.

This is how fixing bugs works.

Installed on internal SSD. But technically that shouldn't make a difference.
On XSX I've run it off disc, digital, SSD expansion, and off the internal SSD, issue persists no matter what.
It will be unlikely that the storage device will have anything to do with it. It looks like the specular layer (reflections that come from wet or shiny surfaces) are simply not being rendered correctly. This is most likely going to boil down to the way an API or driver is handling calls.

There are possible solutions to eliminate the issue:
1. FSR 3.0 and the VRS will work correctly together (nothing to do)
2. They disable FSR and using their own version (I think it was TAA based/ before patch 1.6) and maybe lower the FPS down to 40 (series S) to avoid resolution lower than 720p (caused by new graphic effects)

2. They disable FSR and using their own version (I think it was TAA based/ before patch 1.6) and maybe lower the FPS down to 40 (series S) to avoid resolution lower than 720p (caused by new graphic effects)
Isn't FSR 3 just fram generation or is their a new image reconstruction with FSR 3?

Isn't FSR 3 just fram generation or is their a new image reconstruction with FSR 3?
It works a little differently. FSR is also used on the PS5. It shows a kind of "deep dive" into the underlying "Fluid Motion Frames Technology", which, as a kind of interpolation process, inserts an additional frame between every two rendered frames. It would therefore be possible that the increase in performance on VRS (probably only comes used on the XBOX) can be dispensed with and the image errors will also disappear.

At this point i kinda prefer the 60 fps and to live with this problem, 40 fps and 720p isn't optimal tbh in 2023

Top Bottom