Seven Cats Tavern (Potential spoilers)

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm...

I had a few bugs in Novigrad today. Apart from boxes suspended in mid air, several people also carrying boxes were walking weirdly and funnily, worthy of a patent by the Ministry of Silly Walks. Sadly, I've looked but cannot find the Novigradian branch of the Ministry of Silly Walks.

Also, after 32 hours I just reached Novigrad and finished some quests. Just reached the in-game Seven Cats. Why am I so slow? Or rather, how can some of you play SO much?

That's pretty damn awesome.

(no spoilers, just using the debug console command to spawn shit loads of NPCs)

Oh! Dammit! How I love CDPR's writers' sense of humor!!!

Geralt, the White Wolf Knight from the Wolf GOG School fighting agaisnt the Big Monsters DRMs!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!! Oh guys, you're awesome... anyone tells you it before?

Started having a couple bugs since the last patch, mostly stuff I've read other people are dealing with at this time. At one point my bombs where flying completely backwards to where I was throwing them, but it started working again before I last left off... Unfortunately got to the point where I couldn't play last night, but I think I'll try again after I get some breakfast this morning. Maybe I'll luck out and find that since I'm sober again it's working perfectly. All just a dream... We shall see....

Yeah... and I've found and read the Red Book from an old friend but the quest it's still asking me for looking for this book with my Witcher's sense... :( And, BTW I was unable to talk with the bookseller till now, that I'm in level 32....

Okay fuck this

If there's 2 things I hate in this game it's drowners, and even more drowners. Seriously in TW1 and 2 you could slaughter them easily but in this game they are martial artists and fucking gods.

Lack of true group sword skill makes both Drowners and Nekkers (and wolves and dogs) a pain in the posterior.

If there's 2 things I hate in this game it's drowners, and even more drowners. Seriously in TW1 and 2 you could slaughter them easily but in this game they are martial artists and fucking gods.

Knock them down using Aard. Then you can kill in one stab.

My latest observations: as much as I admire the scenery, and most of the stories of the game, two points are causing me to chuckle a bit.

I am now at level 20, and have amassed over 30,000 Crowns, without too much effort, just by hunting treasure and exploring. At this rate, I should be paying people to slay their monsters for them, or could offer free, or discounted rates, as a charity witcher-service. Geralt is far from the penniless monster-hunter, whose purse is always empty, but there just doesn't seem much on which to spend his gold. If the Northern Realms were truly so hard-pressed by the war with the Empire, it shouldn't, realistically, be possible to make quite so much coin. (Realistically, limited supplies, stockpiling, closed trade-routes -- whereby the amount of circulated gold diminishes -- and general wartime deprivation, would drive the economy to inflated prices for goods, and limited purchasing funds; however that is difficult to simulate convincingly, and wouldn't be as fun for some players.)

My second chuckle is over notes and letters: it seems quite a few bandits, pirates, travellers, huntsmen, peasants, and just about everybody else who ventured into the wilds, or died there, was a compulsive scribbler, or had a pen-friend who was. I realise the writing team were attempting to create little stories behind the corpses we find out there, and offer clues for locations and quests, but I think they rather overdid it a bit. I've simply found too many notes and letters for a mediaevalesque society, wherein literacy should be restricted. We don't think aught of short messages to-day, in a culture filled with social media and trivial communications, but in elder days, it was not as prevalent. Not every rogue who planned to attack the village nearby could write his mates, or his girl, a letter describing it, nor could every chap who found a treasure commit his final internal monologue to parchment. Ultimately it doesn't matter much, being a game, but it causes me to laugh, and shake my head a little. I won't say I'm annoyed, merely somewhat disappointed at the repetition, and inattention -- just a bit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom