Several Bugs to report, any help?

+
Several Bugs to report, any help?

Okay here will be a list of bugs I am experiencing in the game. I feel (for me; not sure about others) that these things also break immersion.

Question-mark locations:
No-Mans-Land
1) West of Witcher George's tomb there is a Question-mark location that has a treasure chest that is bugged. You can't click on it (though it is highlighted) in the standard game (regardless of difficulty) and NG+ mode which it is an empty chest that isn't highlighted. This particular place has a tent that was torn down by a bear. Level 12 I think in the standard and level 36/39 in the NG+. This problem makes it so that the location never greys out and stays white.

2) Just West of Lurtch where the quest "Fools Gold" took place. There is a question-mark location that whether you picked up the notice board stuff to get it marked on your map or just ran across it without the location marked on your map HUD. It won't "discover it" even if you kill all of the bandits there and the people come back. Also I don't think it marks it as a location unidentified anymore in the icon list above the map even though on the map itself it is still marked as unidentified with a question-mark. As well when you go to the location and stand directly over the question-mark in the world. It says the location is below Geralt even though it is not.

3) about 100-200 meters north-east of the fast travel location "Hangman's Alley" and due west of "Blackbough" fast travel location is another location like in number one. Once you complete it and or if you loot the chest on the boat before you kill all of the drowners it will not grey out.

Novigrad:

1 and 2) Slightly north west of "Border Post" bridge crossing from No-Mans-Land into lower Novigrad land area. There are three monster locations here. One is a cave that is a monster den. The other two are endrega nests right next to each other. The two endrega nests are acting strange since patch 1.07 and this hasn't been fixed yet. If you run across them or get their locations from a notice board they won't appear when they should. It is not until you blow the nests up and kill everything around them that they show up and they are greyed out.

Skellige:
1) On Undvik at the lake in the center of the island. There is one and only one question-mark location on the center south end of the lake. In the standard game if you go to this location before the quest involving helping the possible future king of Skellige. You can get this location and complete it because the boat is there. However if you go through the main story and skip getting on the boat and just swim across the lake or you some how get to the location by a different route. The boat and the bandits move toward the lake cross walk where the little water falls are. The boat ends up beached slightly into a tree. Which is obviously not on the question-mark location anymore (moved like 200 meters east of the question-mark location). Thus you can not complete the Question-mark location; and it's to like number 2 in No-Mans-Lands list The question-mark just sits there unidentified. If you complete the main story side quest arc in Skellige on Undvik. When the boat is beached into the tree you can find the "[E]" but when you push it it does nothing. However if you come there before completing the quest and you go to that location it completes fine now since patch 1.07.

***There could be more but I haven't went through all of the game again since before patch 1.05.*** I will update this list if I find anything else out.

Quests:
No-Mans-Land.
1) While helping Kira Metz on Fyke Isle after you get the lamp. When you go to the basement on fyke isle to use the lantern to watch and listen to the ghosts. The lamp icon does not disappear after the ghosts subside.

2) You must have Kira's Lamp for this one. If you head directly south from Fyke Isle there is a ghost town where a Noonwraith blocks the way to a cave that has a lamp icon in front of it. The cave you must knock down with Aard. And obviously you should kill the Noonwraith. Well for some reason as of pre patch 1.08 if you knock the cave open and then collect the treasure inside then use the lamp on the ghost lamp location you see the miner mining "forever" literally. He never dissipates. The same with the icon marker. It does not go away. --- post patch 1.08 the miner does not show up if you repeat the description in this paragraph. However the lamp location is still there whether you knocked the cave in or not. The miner will not appear with the lamp and complete the lamp location.

Other oddity glitches:

1) The Horse (the brown Roach not the black one, just found out about the black one online but have never obtained it) still acts dumb. None of the patches have fixed anything with the way the horse acts on my game. Still stops over hills that don't drop. Still stops so I can't jump over very small areas, still if running up a hill on horse back flips over and half the horse in in the ground sometimes (though not as often), if Roach gets stuck between two trees he falls through the ground and disappears. If I run and dismount Roach while galloping toward a water source that will make Geralt swim, and yet Roach keeps galloping (like normal after you jump off him like 10 meters) if I time it right Roach will run into the water and keep running and disappear underwater. This will cause Geralt to fall through the earth and or if he touches water to be teleported under the land. At which point there is no stabilization and Geralt can run anywhere he wants without barriers. Even running through the ground.

2) At several locations since patch 1.05 when you guys said that you fixed the infinite re-spawn locations so monsters don't do that anymore. I now have this problem. I didn't have it pre patch 1.05. Most notably it's in the water where they infinitely re-spawn at certain locations.

3) Geralt sometimes takes damage by falling literally 1 foot, and sometimes doesn't take any damage after falling over 20 feet. Kinda odd.

This game is great, a master piece. Just some bugs I have found that haven't been fixed. And there are probably more. I hope this helps. And thanks.

---------- Updated at 11:20 PM ----------

Another addition

A few more bugs I forgot to mention.
1) If you push any key accept for "B" to open the inventory or the crafting system or the skill tree area or etc. While on these pages if you push "B"; which as you know is the key that opens the bestiary. The page will not switch to the bestiary page. The page just blinks and leaves it on the current page. Resulting that I have to back out to Geralt and then push "B" in order for the game to transfer me to the bestiary page.

2) Randomly every time I am in any city (not a house or building) "X" will not work. I can not summon Roach sometimes. This goes out in the forests as well. This is completely random when it happens.

another bug addition:
I actually am unsure about this one. However since launch about 95% of the time when the characters are talking there is a faint echo in the background as if they (the voice actors/esses) were voice recording in a bathroom or something. Like I said it's very faint.

Yet another edition:

Skellige Question Mark Location:

North North-East of the city of Hov at the most northern point is a ship wreck on a island. It ran aground. Anyway once you board the boat and go into the captains quarters and use your witcher senses and see the dead captain. As soon as you get close to him to click on him (he is glowing red) the red disappears and you can not get the quest/loot associated with this location. This is on New Game + mode.

Weapons:
Specifically on the cross bows. The ones you can craft for the Ursarin or the Cat school. On NG+ you guys forgot to boost the level of the cross bows from level 29 to level 66 or whatever it should be. So when I regained these recipes they were for level 29 cross bows.

Oils:
My original save file (that I beat the game on) I did it on the "just for the story" difficulty. I pre ordered the game, so I've had it since launch on Steam/PC. Anyway on this file I was never able to buy/find in any way shape or form the Superior Necrophage oil nor have I been able to find the Superior Cursed Oil one either. So I kept this file and I started a new file directly on Death March mode (Not NG+). I bought the potion recipe for both of these oils for the superior versions on this file. Keep in mind I have a complete guide at prime games for this game. So I know where all of the chests are and all of the venders are and their route and etc etc. I tediously went through the entire game on the first play through (first play through file) and found every chest in the game (not just the question mark locations). Never found these recipes anywhere. The same with going to all the vendors. As far as I know these recipes will never ever appear in a chest or container of any sort that isn't "special". So I don't know if that file is broken because I made that file at version 1.0 or not. However the newest file I was talking about where I did get it and it was made after patch 1.08.4 or whatever the current is (definitely not patch 1.09). Anyway I am currently going through NG+ with my original file and I still haven't found our bought these two recipes. Is this a non fixable glitch?

Last edited:
Sorry to melt your effort, but I've seen every single issue mentioned before numerous...numerous...times. Nothing to be done about any of them except wait for future updates. They aren't bugs that affect everyone, so that's a good sign. And, regardless of how annoying or immersion-breaking they may be, they are not big issues from a technical standpoint. Probably just some inaccurate coding/scripting.

Sorry to melt your effort, but I've seen every single issue mentioned before numerous...numerous...times. Nothing to be done about any of them except wait for future updates. They aren't bugs that affect everyone, so that's a good sign. And, regardless of how annoying or immersion-breaking they may be, they are not big issues from a technical standpoint. Probably just some inaccurate coding/scripting.

This is a bug report forum thread area not a discussion forum thread. I am not telling you to get lost. Anyway to contradict what you said in your reply about "hey are not big issues from a technical standpoint. " That doesn't matter. They (the devs) keep saying the focus of this game is realism and immersion. Heck they are even changing the things with Triss Merigold and Geralt and Yennifer. If what you say is their actual stand point and the rest is just "jargen" to get sales. Then they wouldn't be doing what they are doing. I choose (dispite what other thinks (by saying "it's just a game")) to listen to the devs and if they say things that aren't accurate about their product or their business practices (of any company) I call out "liars". I won't sit back and be like the majority who say "all dev companies and producers do the lying game. It's normal so it's not immoral. Or if it is immoral so what they are all doing it. Choose your poison." I on the other hand will call them on it and push them to up hold a standard. And before you go saying "that's your interpretation of morals. Everyone has different ideals and thoughts. And you sir are a minority that says lying is wrong in any situation." I don't care. Morals are morals are morals. If you were gonna say that or think that think of this, people may say the sky is purple all year round and all day long. But scientific proof shows it's clear and colorless. That the blue is only a reflection of the Hydrogen in the atmosphere. Facts are facts are facts. Opinions are not facts all the time. Though someone can have an opinion that is a fact. But just because they believe something doesn't make it a "fact".

Also to have the mentality that you are suggesting through your post is like saying that the video game starforge is 100% okay. That none of the issues in that game are game breaking and immersion breaking. That's to say any amount of bugs are to be shrugged at and "eh" on the list. That there are no such things are problems. And they will only be problems if there are enough sales + enough people complaining about them. Which is totally absurd.

Last edited:
Have no idea where you are coming from in the above post. Let me try this again (simple version):

Fact: There are problems with the game.

Fact: Everything you have posted is a known issue; CDPR is aware.

Fact: The devs have been working and are still working on the problems.

Fact: Most of the issues are minor errors, not problems deeply embedded within the source code.

Fact: You will need to wait until they are finished.

Fact: Nothing will change this.

A few of them can be addressed now, with at least a workaround:

You can get most of the bugged chests by going to White Orchard and back. Of the ones you listed, the only one I am aware of that doesnt get fixed this way is the bear one near Lurtch.

The mining ghost near Frishlow is like that on purpose and wont be "fixed" because it is functioning as intended. (according to recent CDPR posts)

Have no idea where you are coming from in the above post. Let me try this again (simple version):

Fact: There are problems with the game.

Fact: Everything you have posted is a known issue; CDPR is aware.

Fact: The devs have been working and are still working on the problems.

Fact: Most of the issues are minor errors, not problems deeply embedded within the source code.

Fact: You will need to wait until they are finished.

Fact: Nothing will change this.

Fact I never asked you a non dev for help.

Fact this is written in a BUG REPORT area. All the feed back they can get is Helpful to THEM as well as everyone else.

---------- Updated at 03:56 PM ----------

A few of them can be addressed now, with at least a workaround:

You can get most of the bugged chests by going to White Orchard and back. Of the ones you listed, the only one I am aware of that doesnt get fixed this way is the bear one near Lurtch.

The mining ghost near Frishlow is like that on purpose and wont be "fixed" because it is functioning as intended. (according to recent CDPR posts)

I disagree because the minor never appears after patch 1.07 or 1.08. Nor is there any sound there. In fact the lamp icon is there but there is nothing there for the ghost lamp to see. How is that as intended?

Disagree with what? Read this again:

Moderator: Cease arguing, now. Do not attempt to presume who may answer; this is not a forum where developers are obliged to respond to your concerns.

DUde, I didnt say it was.

CDPR did.

i am reporting what they said, since you cant seem to understand what "according to CDPR" means.

I am not arguing with you about the damn thing, I think its a left over that doesnt work right at all.

CDPR says is intentional and wont be fixed, thats all Im saying.

---------- Updated at 07:13 PM ----------

well now the thread makes no sense.

Not that it really did to begin with.

Wow. These threads can get so out-of-hand so quickly. I'm speaking for only myself here:

The OP has identified issues that are well-known and addressed in numerous threads on the forums. My posts are simply an affirmation that what can be done is being done -- work is ongoing -- any additional energy spent "identifying" these issues will have little practical effect.

I don't know how everyone else is receiving or processing this, but my intention is to alleviate concern and reinforce patience. Horse's mouth.

---------- Updated at 02:51 PM ----------

Fact I never asked you a non dev for help.

Fact this is written in a BUG REPORT area. All the feed back they can get is Helpful to THEM as well as everyone else.

Ah! This is what the moderator comment was referring to, I think. And: exactly. This is not a developer forum; it's a public one. You need to send in a support ticket to receive professional support.

This is not a developer forum; it's a public one. You need to send in a support ticket to receive professional support.

^This. Also please note that for bug reports, individual answers are usually not given, even if you do raise a support ticket, as fixes are done through the patches.

Guy has already posted a reminder regarding posts, I'd like to emphasise it.

@VegitoReborn - the comments made by others in this thread are basically correct. If you wish to direct bugs ONLY to the developers, please do so via the support form. This is a forum, and it's natural and correct for other forum members to assist with solutions or to highlight that issues have already been reported. It's also more beneficial to the developers, who do read the forums, for bugs to be sorted by bug rather than by person reporting it, so please look for existing threads on specific bugs and see if you can add to them, rather than posting mixed lists.

To everyone else - the side-discussion on whether and how this should have been reported has gone on for long enough.

When I posted this I had search the last three pages for these bugs and have found nothing that matches what I am posting. So for me I don't think anyone else has reported these buys, at least on this forum.

I can confirm first three bugs that you have mentioned (bear chest location, drowners on the beach and "undiscovered" abandoned village). Funny thing is that in my first gameplay I discovered these locations normaly and now on NG+ they are undiscoverable. These are not some gamebreaking bugs but they are breaking my immersion and my need to discover all interest points on the map.

Top Bottom