Should I get this on PC or PS4?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should I get this on PC or PS4?

I have a GTX 760 2GB, I5- 4460 3.20ghz and 8GB of Ram. I just want to know if I would be better off playing on PS4.

Tuco

Forum veteran
It's not just that the game would run better on your PC; it's not just that if you'll ever be interested in mods PC is pretty much the only option...
It's also worth noting that whenever you'll decide to upgrade some part or replace your PC entirely, the game will be there, improved even more, better than ever.

On PS4, beside dealing with worse performances right now, you'd be left waiting for a chance to buy a "PS5 remaster" few years from today.

I have been a practical gamer ever since. I was tempted to buy the PS4 but instead I upgraded my rig for 2015 gaming.

It's not just that the game would run better on your PC; it's not just that if you'll ever be interested in mods PC is pretty much the only option...
It's also worth noting that whenever you'll decide to upgrade some part or replace your PC entirely, the game will be there, improved even more, better than ever.

On PS4, beside dealing with worse performances right now, you'd be left waiting for a chance to buy a "PS5 remaster" few years from today.

Oh, don't forget he'll probably have the option to buy a PS4 "Slim" version before too long with slight performance increase and, if lucky, a range of colors to choose from.

Ok I understand. You really dislike the PS4. Thanks though for telling me I would be able to run it better on my PC because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to run it good on my computer.

Will look and run much better on PC with that setup. PS4 version is playable but does have some issues, especially if you have the stock hard drive.

Tuco

Forum veteran
The best controller is called a 'keyboard' and a Cougar 700M mouse ;)
Probably. For some other game.
This one: better with a gamepad.

Signed,
A long time M&KB user and estimator who doesn't try too desperately to come off as a purist.

Buy it on console, installation is fast and you don't have to deal with Steam. :p Consoles have better gaming experience than PC, i own good PC and PS4 but playing on PC just doesnt feel the best way to play it.

Yes PC is the "elite", but if you just wish to enjoy gaming then go for the consoles rather than PC.

Platform preferences aside, it would seem the PC version is by far the most stable. Maybe they've fixed the frame rate on consoles but that was a big problem for both Xbone and PS4. Plus you get patches much faster.

PC. As others have stated, PC offers better frame rate, better visuals, option for mods, and the possibility of replaying the game at higher settings if you upgrade your system in future. Additionally, patches have thus far been made available for PC before console (because of Sony and Microsoft's certification processes).

Last edited:
Isn't it PS4 have long loading times?

Also game controls is quite subjectively and much more personal preference. Personally i choose key board and mouse due i don't need to deal w/ camera, i could use more signs and etc.

I have it for PS4 and PC. PS4 looks pretty good and plays good. PC if u can Max it looks stunning and plays same as PS4 bc I use Xbox controller. Choice is urs either way is ok

Platform preferences aside, it would seem the PC version is by far the most stable. Maybe they've fixed the frame rate on consoles but that was a big problem for both Xbone and PS4. Plus you get patches much faster.
That's patently not true, sadly. It crashes the video driver very often. Yes, some (probably most) people can run it fine, but the problem it common enough to be swept under the carpet. So I'd say PS4, to avoid the risk, even though I'm a fervent PC advocate in general.

Probably. For some other game.
This one: better with a gamepad..

Nope. For one touch selection and casting of alt. form signs (and oh so many other things) you really need something you can macro with ease, and that ain't a gamepad ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom