Should I get this on PC or PS4?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
PC Version is superior in every way. Good SweetFX preset + Cutscene lighting puts console or vanilla version into shame. Not to mention that your graphic card if overclocked can handle this game way over PS4 25-30 FPS.

P.S It might seem minor but on PC you can save your game manually ! (ffs no... 10 slots is not enough)

Last edited:
Buy it on console, installation is fast and you don't have to deal with Steam. :p Consoles have better gaming experience than PC, i own good PC and PS4 but playing on PC just doesnt feel the best way to play it.

Yes PC is the "elite", but if you just wish to enjoy gaming then go for the consoles rather than PC.

Why the fuck would you deal with Valve/STEAM for a title produced by CDPR, and sold on GoG, which is a CD Projekt company?
(Personally I'm not using Galaxy either ~ extra layers add complication and errors and don't do anything I can't accomplish manually (check & download patches for the games I am playing, run installers)).

Ironically,

I'm one of the few that have Witcher 3 for both, the PC and PS4... My first playthrough was on the PS4 and will say besides a few framerate hiccups at certain areas and the longer loading times for almost everything (convos, loading the zones, etc..) it was still a very enjoyable experience. I never found the game unplayable as some others have stated, but naturally people are entitled to their opinions. I also found it stellar to play that on my nice 55 inch Samsung TV, with my home theater surround sound hook-up I have rather than my nice (but smaller, heh) 27 Inch ultra HD monitor and 5.1 Surround Logitech Speakers (which still great, but not as good as my home theater set-up.)

As for my 2nd playthrough, which is going much much slower, is on the PC, and overall the visuals are indeed a pleasing upgrade, plus the Load Times are much faster (I have a GTX 980 and decent I7 Core and Witcher 3 is on my SSD drive, so I can play the game at near max settings..) However, as others have stated you will find yourself eventually using a controller, the gameplay just feels like it was built for a controller, and I can't get use to the PC Controls even after trying to rebind certain keys to more accessible areas on my keyboard. (something I still feel they went totally backwards on compared to how the Keybinds were in Witcher 2, which is perfectly fine)

So overall either decision you make you are still going to enjoy the game, if you are however unsure tech issues, than perhaps the Ps4 version may be the route to go.

Tuco

Forum veteran
Why the fuck would you deal with Valve/STEAM for a title produced by CDPR, and sold on GoG, which is a CD Projekt company?
Even assuming that was the case, it wouldn't make his statement any less bullshit, by the way.

There's nothing wrong with Steam and how it manages this game and I don't see how dealing with integrated interfaces of XBL or PSN would be any better, in any case.

If you have a PC that can handle this game smoothly, I definitely recomend buying the game for PC.
I have a GTX 860 2Gb, i-7 4710 , CPU 2.50 Ghz, 16Gb of ram, Win 8 x64, and I can run the game with most aspects on high. Average FPS is 45-47.
OBS: you should use a controller. Very hard to play the game on the keyboard.

As some one who owns witcher 3 on ps4 I would say avoid like the plague!! Seriously get it on your PC or the Xbox one which runs a hell of allot better then the ps4 version.

I can never understand people who have a capable enough PC but choose to buy s game on console?? lol it's crazy!

The ps4 version while native 1080p and looks stunning, the frame rate is total trash! It regularly locks to 20fps and so feels terrible to play while the Xbox one version is 30fps and doesn't dip below 25fps! It may be 900p but I think a more stable frame rate is more important over resolution.

Somehow I think that this thread has served its purpose.
Closing it before we need to do any more deletions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom