Skellige is broken (as always). Please rework Wild Boar of the Sea.

+
Freya's Blessing + An Craite Greatswords + Dagur Two Blades + Wild Boar of the Sea + Second Wind.

Don't you see how broken is all this together?

Harmony decks and The Great Oak are nothing compared to this. You can not react to this broken piece of sh*t even if you run only removals. I also tried to steal some of those units with Enslave, Damien de la Tour and Letho: Kingslayer. It was completely useless. (and yeah I know, this combo can also be op, but at least it is easily counteracted ffs)

This thing is ridiculously op. In short rounds with less than 4 units in your board (all of them without being damaged by the way) it's still broken because the point swap is very high with one An Craite Greatsword or Dagur Two Blades. This brain-dead combo cannot be reacted either. You know exactly what he will do and the result will be the same no matter what.

If you're a dev and you think this kind of things are fine then bring back non-unit decks for sure. That kind of decks were annoying sure but at least they were more balanced than this.

Last edited:
You really think that Greatsword of all decks is the most broken thing in the game ?
Is this a joke ?

Dagur/Greatsword/Wild Boar + Second Wind into the other is quite powerful, however not the only thing on that powerlevel.
If you do not bleed them and have no tall punish you cannot complain about losing to a long-round deck.
If you have (as mentioned above) 4 undamaged units (no armor) Dagur + immediate Wild Boar amount to 16 points ... with a leader and a 10 provision unit ... that is honestly almost game losingly bad (leaders are expected to get more than 8 points and 10 provision cards are expected to give at the very least 10 points).
Second Wind into Ermion with the SK scenario is an immediate, "unconditional", proactive 29 points (33 if Crowmother is in one's grave), so 16 with a 10 provision unit and a leader ability is just a joke in comparison and noone considers the druid SK deck to be an issue.

With the buff on Wild Boar SK has indeed become viable again (which was the point of that change), however Greatsword is still and incredibly greedy deck that is easy to counter.

To me the broken part is being able to replay a unit from the grave, which setup playing two cards in one turn without a way to counter it.

To me the broken part is being able to replay a unit from the grave, which setup playing two cards in one turn without a way to counter it.
The same applies to all leaders that play a card, not just to Second Wind, in fact the design choice behind that is (from my observation) controversial.

You really think that Greatsword of all decks is the most broken thing in the game ?
Is this a joke ?

Dagur/Greatsword/Wild Boar + Second Wind into the other is quite powerful, however not the only thing on that powerlevel.
If you do not bleed them and have no tall punish you cannot complain about losing to a long-round deck.
If you have (as mentioned above) 4 undamaged units (no armor) Dagur + immediate Wild Boar amount to 16 points ... with a leader and a 10 provision unit ... that is honestly almost game losingly bad (leaders are expected to get more than 8 points and 10 provision cards are expected to give at the very least 10 points).
Second Wind into Ermion with the SK scenario is an immediate, "unconditional", proactive 29 points (33 if Crowmother is in one's grave), so 16 with a 10 provision unit and a leader ability is just a joke in comparison and noone considers the druid SK deck to be an issue.

With the buff on Wild Boar SK has indeed become viable again (which was the point of that change), however Greatsword is still and incredibly greedy deck that is easy to counter.

Tall removal is useless against those units if they have last say because you can revive them in your next turn/round. Bronzes and Gold included. That's the point why is broken. If you try to bleed he will win the round no matter what and replay the same cards in third round.

Last edited:
The only joke here is your post. Tall removal is useless against those units because you can revive them in the next turn/round. [...]
I never said it would be an autowin in that matchup, you have to think about using it, rather than just mindlessly dropping it.

[...] and bleed is also useless man. He will win the round no matter what and replay the same cards in third round.
[...]
If you are unable to win 1 round against Greatswords your deck is just not on the powerlevel to compete.

[...] Play the game dude, besides we are talking about Skellige, the faction with better tempo along with Monsters. He will bleed you, not you.
I am playing the game and I am not struggling against SK.
If Greatsword is an unfavored matchup you can tech against it and if you still struggle you should play a deck that counters them.

I never said it would be an autowin in that matchup, you have to think about using it, rather than just mindlessly dropping it.

If you are unable to win 1 round against Greatswords your deck is just not on the powerlevel to compete.

I am playing the game and I am not struggling against SK.
If Greatsword is an unfavored matchup you can tech against it and if you still struggle you should play a deck that counters them.

You're not struggling against SK... are you playing in pro rank? You can see a lot of players there that doesn't have any unit on the board in their last turn, then they use leader ability on Dagur and play the damn boat from hand or vice versa. Wanna know what's the result? from 0-40 points into 30-18 or so in that last turn with only 2 units and a brain-dead combo.

If this is not broken, then this game is the most balanced multiplayer I've ever seen and everything else in the game is perfect.

People complaining about Yennefer's Invocation, Bribery, Damian, Great Oak, Scenarios or Poison decks. What a joke compared to this.
Post automatically merged:

The same applies to all leaders that play a card, not just to Second Wind, in fact the design choice behind that is (from my observation) controversial.

It's not the same because none of the other leaders that can play another card in the same turn have such point swap...

Last edited:
This is funny. How is Enslave useless, exactly? You steal one of those 3. Might even be greedy and wait until they hit 6. You Yen the other. You Damien the third, You Vattier the Fourth, you reset the fifth, you Northern Wind the 6th, you Heatwave the 7, you also lock and poison the next 10. Except yes, he's got one renewable purify to protect himself from lock and poison, but then again, of course, only the first 3 of them are real. NG, man.

This is funny. How is Enslave useless, exactly? You steal one of those 3. Might even be greedy and wait until they hit 6. You Yen the other. You Damien the third, You Vattier the Fourth, you reset the fifth, you Northern Wind the 6th, you Heatwave the 7, you also lock and poison the next 10. Except yes, he's got one renewable purify to protect himself from lock and poison, but then again, of course, only the first 3 of them are real. NG, man.

I tried to stole one An Craite Greatsword in first round, the other in round two or three I cannot remember now, I also stole one of those annoying ships (An Craite Longship) in round three knowing what was coming (damage x2 with the finisher) and last but not least I killed his Dagur in my last turn. All that removal was useless because he used his leader on Dagur and here we go again. Insane and ridiculous point swap with that broken ship (Wild Boar of the Sea).

So yeah, I can assure you that using Enslave 3 times in a match stealing key units won't work. I could have stolen Dagur as well and kept An Craite Longship untouched but the result would have been the same because the incoming damage with the finisher would have been x2.

A week ago i played against SK with ST: There was no way for me to win R1, because SK can just drop Morkwarg and leader him in R3, so i was forced into long R3 and i had no say in that. I managed to remove/control everything he played, except his last 2 cards (Dagur and Wild Boar). After i played my last card, i had massive point lead (he would have to play for 57p to win), he had Dagur, leader, 1 card in hand and 1 Greatsword on the wrong row (worth 3 extra points). I thought there is no way for him to get 57p. But guess what - Morgwarg+Wild Boar=56p.

So yeah, if this isn't broken, than what is?

I haven`t played much ranked this Season, but watched a few Streams.. And I had not the Impression SK is currently broken.
Furthermore, it`s quite funny. I have seen a thread complaining about OP NG, another one About OP "Water of Brokilon" (ST).. Probably I find one for NR as well, multiple scenario or sth. comparable. If so much factions are broken sounds fine to me :smart:

Payus

Forum regular
It's a shame i can't give more than 1 red point, this made my day.

I suggest the Op to play with an sk Gs deck himself, and see what's what.

I haven`t played much ranked this Season, but watched a few Streams.. And I had not the Impression SK is currently broken.
Furthermore, it`s quite funny. I have seen a thread complaining about OP NG, another one About OP "Water of Brokilon" (ST).. Probably I find one for NR as well, multiple scenario or sth. comparable. If so much factions are broken sounds fine to me :smart:

Skellige was always broken, but now they made it into the hyper-greatsword faction, by adding endless support cards for greatsword.

Perhaps the rest of the OP cards are now less OP in favour of funneling everything on greatswords/dagur.

Payus

Forum regular
Gentleman:

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a shame i can't give more than 1 red point, this made my day.

I suggest the Op to play with an sk Gs deck himself, and see what's what.
I did, and I won multiple times with only two cards in both rounds: Greatsword + Morkvag. Wild Boar of the Sea and Dagur did the rest. Still broken, but at least they nerfed Freya's Blessing a bit. I'm fine with that for now.

I did, and I won multiple times with only two cards in both rounds: Greatsword + Morkvag. Wild Boar of the Sea and Dagur did the rest. Still broken, but at least they nerfed Freya's Blessing a bit. I'm fine with that for now.

It's one of the most promising changes for awhile. CDPR seems to be willing to play a little bit more with the doom function at other right places as well. Personally I like that alot, because I think doom is underutilized.

It's one of the most promising changes for awhile. CDPR seems to be willing to play a little bit more with the doom function at other right places as well. Personally I like that alot, because I think doom is underutilized.

Ciri: Nova will be more viable with Skellige now. ^ ^

I needs to be reworked in order to balance the entire game. I cant believe how powerful those cards are and how little provisional cost they are. Either nerf their deck, or I quit playing. Simple.

Yo my dude! I'm in the same forum complaining about Nilfgaard haha. Guess we all have our worst matchups...
I recommend this against skellige. I main Northern Realms.

I use "Geralt Yrden" to counter their huge healing from dealing damage to you. The mass reset is a god-send against NIlfgaard too.

There are a few cards to focus on:
An Craite Greatsword
Svablod Priest

Either kill them with Alzur's Thunder or Dimeritium Shackles to lock them. Most of their damage dealing and health boost recovery starts off slow...but once paired with Olaf or something equivalent.; their damage and health spins out of control.

Top Bottom