So, Everybody Knows There Will Be a 100% Wipe, Right?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Birkewedd;n7605600 said:
You want to say it was for nothing? Well great. If they won't provide us with at least 10 burrels that'll be just ridiculous. Cuz if they won't why waisting time now I wonder?

Thats how i feel. Despite we all know this was going to happen, what exactly is the compensation of being a ginea pig (aka beta tester) other than getting to play a broken game (as it is since the last patch)?

I joined in because i love gwent in witcher3 and i'm a complete CDPR fanboy. But i'm getting a bit disappointed with all of these mess ups in the beta (not only the expected wipe, but also letting a broken PFI and ST roam free for more than 1 month, etc, etc). I just hope that there would be a substantial (but not OP) compensation for beta testers in the release based on their level or number of games or number of cards (or scraps or ore).

If we're only being "awarded" with some useless cosmetic revamps of some cards, i'm pretty sure a substantial part of the beta testers would skip gwent for the time being.

I really don't understand why people going into a closed beta, which is specifically for testing, are complaining there will be a wipe.
Of course there would be a wipe.

You only have a position to complain if this is open beta, and they are simply testing the networking and code and balance and shop stability, etc etc.

It even happened in Hearthstone, guys. It's not odd, it's not weird, it's not worth complaining about.

Typical cases of "Let's abuse beta for commercial purposes" syndrome that has been released into the world by big publishers over the last years in this thread.

Never enter a Beta and expect to get anything out of it.

No, not even a decent experience. You're here to make sure it will be one, after we are finished, for both yourself and everyone else.
When you enter a Beta you do so the help the developers make the good as good is it can get with combined knowledge and experiences of the Dev's and anyone else helping test the game/app.

If you do get anything, great! Throw a party, invite me too if you wish. I don't drink so you can have all the booze.
:wisegirl:

The only thing that surprises me is how that information surfaced to the public. It is definitely the type of information you want to hear first on an official channel and not like that. I'd be surprised if CDPR really wanted this information to surface like that. But who knows.

Anyhow I was expecting a wipe.

nightweaver;n7607320 said:
Never enter a Beta and expect to get anything out of it.
No, not even a decent experience. You're here to make sure it will be one, after we are finished, for both yourself and everyone else. When you enter a Beta you do so the help the developers make the good as good is it can get with combined knowledge and experiences of the Dev's and anyone else helping test the game/app.

What bothers me the most about this that they never clearly stated if there is going to be a wipe or not since day one. I know its foolish to believe you can get anything out of the beta but with the beta being so long (compared to other closed betas) AND a progression system the impression that there wont be a wipe becomes even bigger.
Saying "Oh, you know what we will try to avoid a wipe but if there is one we will inform you in advance" while at the same time having already planned a wipe for release just to get more players to test it isnt the nicest thing to do tbh.
I know if they said there will be a wipe from day one less people would have played it but it would have been much less of an issue if they just clearly stated there will be a wipe instead all those vague statements :(

Well, at least it tought me to stay away from closed betas in the future (especially if they go so long)...

Last edited:
HenryGrosmont;n7605930 said:
Assuming that much, much more people will join when the game is released

How can you assume exacly how many players will join & keep playing gwent?
Can you guarantee that due the wipe gwent won't lose more players than new players actually come in?

Strollin;n7607540 said:
with the beta being so long (compared to other closed betas)

the closed beta for dota 2 lasted for more than a year,just saying.

they said that a wipe was possible,and that being said you play in the closed beta at your own risk.they never promised that they wont wipe the beta accounts,so blaming them makes no sense to me. you could have just not take the risk,and not play in the closed beta.

pl91;n7607600 said:
the closed beta for dota 2 lasted for more than a year,just saying.
they said that a wipe was possible,and that being said you play in the closed beta at your own risk.they never promised that they wont wipe the beta accounts,so blaming them makes no sense to me. you could have just not take the risk,and not play in the closed beta.

Even if dota is a bigger game, its not usual for a closed beta to last that long. And I could bet with you that dota had seasons with wipes inbetween the beta.
Again I'm not directly blaming CDPR but just this whole system that many companies and publishers do these days.
Well I guess it's always better to expect the worst...

Strollin;n7607610 said:
Even if dota is a bigger game, its not usual for a closed beta to last that long. And I could bet with you that dota had seasons with wipes inbetween the beta.
Again I'm not directly blaming CDPR but just this whole system that many companies and publishers do these days.
Well I guess it's always better to expect the worst...

well if you dont agree with the system,then dont join closed betas that give no rewards.its your choice in the end.

I have said it before,and i said it right in the beginning... I have Alpha and Beta tested many games,and they all have been wiped.
So my expectations going into this, was just that.

It would be totally an unfair advantage on release if we had cards and no one else does...lol

We already have the most unfair advantage possible...knowledge of the game/cards and how they work.

Getting cards is the easy part.. and the FUN part!

What i did miss, is do they plan to wipe it with this next patch when they introduce Nilfgaard ?
or were they saying at the end of the beta test?

pl91;n7607670 said:
well if you dont agree with the system,then dont join closed betas that give no rewards.its your choice in the end.

devs should've said that from the start then that there will be a whipe. So that "people like us" didn't waste our time at all.
But no, they've choose to not to inform anyone because that would keep a big number of players which means that there are more people that actually wait for real rewards and not some one animated card or whatever.

Birkewedd;n7608050 said:
devs should've said that from the start then that there will be a whipe. So that "people like us" didn't waste our time at all.
But no, they've choose to not to inform anyone because that would keep a big number of players which means that there are more people that actually wait for real rewards and not some one animated card or whatever.

They didn't know that for sure, so how could they have said that?
It's not like CDPR has much experience with card games like that.

But they've said from the start that a wipe could happen. You also can read about that in the Gwent FAQ.

Birkewedd;n7608050 said:

By no means..do i feel this was a waste of time.

As i said before,knowledge is more reward than cards and a silly level number

Last edited:
TheShift;n7608010 said:
I have said it before,and i said it right in the beginning... I have Alpha and Beta tested many games,and they all have been wiped.
So my expectations going into this, was just that.

It would be totally an unfair advantage on release if we had cards and no one else does...lol

We already have the most unfair advantage possible...knowledge of the game/cards and how they work.

Getting cards is the easy part.. and the FUN part!

What i did miss, is do they plan to wipe it with this next patch when they introduce Nilfgaard ?
or were they saying at the end of the beta test?

I too am curious if it is happening with Nilfgaard release, since they have stated if they wipe they will return any purchased card kegs (I've bought quite a few, I love the game and don't have alot of time to play to craft) so realistically it would be nice to be able to reopen the kegs to get my Nilfgaard stack up.

I'm A-Okay with the wipe. but like TheShift, I've beta tested many many games and it should be expected.

Kalamabrew;n7609340 said:
I too am curious if it is happening with Nilfgaard release, since they have stated if they wipe they will return any purchased card kegs (I've bought quite a few, I love the game and don't have alot of time to play to craft) so realistically it would be nice to be able to reopen the kegs to get my Nilfgaard stack up.

I'm A-Okay with the wipe. but like TheShift, I've beta tested many many games and it should be expected.

I'm sure the wipe will happen on the full release and not now.

Im having fun. I was expecting a wipe. I dont think wipe will happen when Nilfgaard hits it since we need to test it. Wipe should happen before after Nilfgaard is tested, before open beta or before release. As someone else pointed knowledge > cards. You will get tons of it once game go to full release. Hopefully in few months...

Hi all:)
this is my first post though i've been playing quite a lot (about 150h Now...:) and also spending much more reading this and other Forums about The game.

first of all, i Totally understand that our accounts will be wiped for The launch of The game. But what i dont understand and i think is dissapointing is that they wasnt clear about this point from The begining...
i LOVE Gwent since i played for The first very first time in The Witcher 3, and i also tried to contact them several times (as some of you, I'm sure;-) almost begging for this separated game...

i feel Deeply grateful for being part of this Closed Beta and i want to say Thank You So Much! to The devs for that but again, we should be informed about this from the begining cause our time is also important. And This should be made "In The Game".

we all know (or we should;-) that even with our accounts wiped our advantage is the knowledge about the cards and the mechanics, etc... which will make easier for us to advance faster. That's really something.

But for example, i've spent more than 70€ in the game. I díd it just because i think the game and the Devs deserve it (i'm thinking about Fifa and Mary other games, which besides you have to pay for them, they just steal from the players with their micro payments sistems...) and even though if i've read here that all of it will be Returned with The same amount of Kergs (i would also like to know if there is any official news or post about it...) i would prefered to make my own choice about spending time (and again, money) with All the Info.

I Really hope that they know how to deal with this in a proper way, because otherwise... At least for me and sadly, this game will be dead before it born...

But of course and for now... See you All On The Field¡;-D GO GWENT!!!

P.S: Sorry about possible mistakes. English is not my natural language:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom