So What Ya Expect from That PATCH 1.2 coming this month?

+

What Ya Expect

• Fixing The NPC's on the streets to be smarter

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Remove Glitches - Exploits

Votes: 61 15.0%
  • Fixing all the Bugs

Votes: 155 38.2%
  • Bring cut content back

Votes: 90 22.2%
  • Let The Modders Fix Things With Mods

Votes: 39 9.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of cause it will be bug fixing, and the next patch too, and the one after it. The game has a lot of them and until it restored in PS Store nothing other matters, obviously.
The overall gameplay improvement (AI and such) MAYBE come in a year, but most certainly not. As for cut content, I am 99% sure everything stays as it is.
Seriously people, keep your expectations low. Nobody will remake the game which is already out. The best hope is some story-driven DLC at the end of the year.

Going off 1.1 and just taking into account the time they have, I'm only expecting them to fix some bugs and remove some glitches. Also being that I'm sure the primary goal is to get back on the PS Store.

Then maybe a hotfix to 1.2 later pending on how smooth 1.2 is at launch. I believe if looking for them to push this game more towards what they actually marketed, that'll most likely take a year or so on top of the next gen update.

Mods will likely speed that up for PC players, in regards to adding even some basics/common sense features, like in game character customization, cars with "exchangeable parts and tuning." etc. I do think they might add in toggle for walking in 1.2 as well for PC players.

Time will tell though, if it'll remain an objectively/factually mediocre game with bare features and glitches/bugs(the game really just isn't consistent with quality which is why it's not a "great" game at the moment) or...well get closer to it's potential.

TL/Dr - My answer was remove glitches - exploits, I don't think they'll fix [all] bugs which is why I didn't vote for that.

If this were NMS then that entire poll options would have been fulfilled already...

Still hoping for an NMS styled redemption tale!

Fixing the bugs really, but that includes the NPCs and the culling system in particular.

I hate that NPCs and cars just spawn in in front of you and they're not consistent when you do a 360 turn.

But what I really expect is the last three words in your title :D.

Nothing...just make it working on old gen to sell more...i dont expect anithing from them now...they only care about the money nowdays...

CDPR's technology is a mess, look at patch 1.1 is the evidence, don't have any illusions about them, 1.2 will only solve a few small bugs and then introduce a bunch of other bugs, as for the real gameplay improvement, or wait for the expansion pack, in addition to the dlc also don't hold any hope, their dlc is just a few pieces of clothing a few cars, really, I don't know they are qualified to laugh at other CDPR's dlc is also a joke.

To all those looking at the glass half full, I point to Witcher Wild Hunt.
Since release that game received

Various fixes to the quest and bugs fixes, too many to list really
Updated water physics and shaders
Optimization
Alternate controls for Geralt
3 new quest each taking around 45min to an hour to complete
New gear, weapons, alternate costumes for major characters
New visual appearances for Geralt

Oh and no one was breathing hell fire up their ass, they just did it because they wanted to
You're gonna have to divorce your feelings. CDPR devs and CDPR corpo are not the same.

The devs will work tirelessly to improve and fix all major problems with this game.
The patch released had a hot fix like two days after. Why don't you check and see how
quick hot fixes come out for an Ubisoft game and get back to me.

Where is the: "bring cut content back" option? :ROFLMAO:

But seriously, woudn't be too much to ask of me to bring some kind of in-game apology present to us, gamers? You know... like some new things in the game, something extra... besides the normal bug fixing etc.
i think they will do this, but only once they're sure the game is in the state they intended first. So maybe some extras to go along with the dlcs coming after this patch

I'm not expecting much. Everything still feels the same even after v1.11....though, it could have something to do with me being on PS4.

It never occurred to me to compile a list of issues I've encountered; it's all been in my head ever since. Though I'm sure thousands have already beat me to it.

As far as I am informed they will only focus on bugs and some Quality of Life changes if possible.

They consider the game done and great.

New content and substance improvement I only expect via DLC later down the line.

The data streaming issue is the biggest thing. It's tied to everything, AI, NPC spawns, LOD, world events, etc. If they can resolve the data streaming issue they can fix one of the major issues that people are complaining about.
they may make it more efficient, but they can't really fix it. Its the sacrifice for having mostly no load screens while also having tons of assets

"SO WHAT YA EXPECT FROM THAT PATCH 1.2 COMING THIS MONTH?"

Mostly crash, optimization and stability fixes for consoles in a bid to re-add the game back to Sony's online shop among other things. Don't expect much in-game bug fixes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom