Some of the changes coming in the next patch (1.04/1.05)

+
thought this was coming today hmm?? I am confused I literally cant play now bc suddenly the game starts freezing within a minute or two of me playing it....no driver change no OS update nothing!!!

Guys, what about merchant in the cage bug, has it been fixed yet??
I can't find any key and I'm on PS4 btw. http://i.imgur.com/M4r5M6a.png

Hey Marcin Momot.

What about the TERRIBLE NPC popping/LOD?

Look at the end of the road, the house has no windows, but when I approach the building they instantly appeared.:

[video=youtube;-rfL2aacCOk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rfL2aacCOk[/video]

I have a GTX 970 with the latest drivers. Everything on Ultra (no hairworks). The game version is 1.04.

I do not want to play a game with those problems.

Thanks!

Some quick questions regarding 1.05,would be great if someone from CD PROJEKT RED would be able to provide answers:
1) You promissed to look in to a possibility of adding the missed exp due to the no xp glitch,were you able to achieve it,or you will be realising just the fix?
2) Will gray (6 lvls or below) quests be providing any reduced amonut of xp as official strategy guide suggest or this issue will remain unaddressed?
3) Would be nice to know if it comming Tuesday or Wednesday,but thats not of a big importance :)

Thanks in advance!

Hi, nice news, thanks for your hard work!! A question...it's possible in the next patchs update the map with the name of the rivers? In books of witcher the name of rivers are important!!

Hope the "improved camera smoothness" is a fix for the slow rotation judder. I think that is my main issue right now.

Hopefully the stuttering cut scenes (especially the "previously in the Witcher 3" loading cut scene) will be fixed soon too. Not a uber priority as they don't effect gameplay. But it's a shame every time I load the game I have to watch a stuttery cut scene before the game loads.

Also I hope this larger HUD thing doesn't apply to those of us who have chosen the smaller hud. I like it how it is.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK GUYS! Game is incredible!

Glad to see the patches are coming thick and fast. I'm enjoying the game so far on PS4 but a few technical issues are hampering the gameplay experience for me. Here's my current fix wish-list for future patches, some of these may seem minor but they're increasingly becoming bothersome the more I play:

1: Larger font size in menu (this is coming in the next patch, I know, but I thought I'd just throw it in all the same).
2: A tighter camera angle on Geralt while exploring on foot and in combat (the current camera viewpoint is just too distant for my taste and breaks the sense of immersion for me, an optional viewpoint switch would be most welcome!)
3: An option to toggle off auto-centre when on horseback and sailing.
4: A sort option for the inventory.
5: Separate tabs for documents, armour, weapons, and consumables.
6: Buffs currently active can be viewed in the Quick Menu
(this is a personal preference but I don't like how the buff icons appear in the middle of the screen, I'm finding them very distracting. I know you can turn them off in the options but I still want to know what buffs I have applied, so maybe moving them to the Quick Menu could be a possibility or to the bottom left of the screen perhaps).
7: Read/Unread markings for documents.
8: Sign icons for Places of Power
(hard to remember which Places of Power are attributed to which Signs).
9: Buy and Sell tabs (when purchasing from herbalists, blacksmiths, armorers, etc, I'd prefer a Buy and Sell tab instead of having to scroll back and forth across my own inventory every time I went to buy or sell something, it becomes quite cumbersome over time).

Overall performance for me has been pretty good. I haven't experience any of the bugs other people have mentioned (yet!), just a few frame-rate dips in cut-scenes and while exploring. The biggest glitch I've experienced so far has been the water turning black and beginning to flicker on and off, had to re-load the game to get rid of it. Other than that the game has ran solid enough for me. Keep up the good work CD Projekt Red!

Last edited:
Marcin Momot - I send you a PM... but you don`t answer.. Please tell me here, if the quest - Magic Lamp - will be fixed. See the bug in here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKtXo-fdqBE . I hope you will answer this time. Thank you for the great job in fix other bugs... I stay 3 days to see if someone from the developers(including you) will answer if that bug will be fixed. I like to be an perfectionist... and I don`t like to see FAILED in the tree quest, from a BUG.

Walk with stick - Run with A button and double press and hold A to sprint, is possible?? With pad on PC.. Thx

Steam is downloading something... so, the patch is online? :)

Edit: Weird. There has definitely been a kind of download... but it is still 1.04.

Last edited:
Keep up the great work. Game is amazing, and this patch looks like it'll fix my only real complaint (font size).

Was an estimated release date given for the next patch? If there was, I missed it

Marcin could you please confirm if this next patch is going to address the wet character appearance bug on PS4? Every time I pause the game or enter the inventory, when I exit the pause screen all characters appear wet. This and a slight camera stutter are the only problems I've come across so far.

Are there any changes to the combat system in the works? The combat system could use some love: quick access menu should be accessible at all times during combat, quick casting should return, an option to go into "parry mode" at longer ranges to deflect arrows is needed, and also more options for movement in combat (like the option to sprint in combat instead of being forced into crabwalking or rolling). Sorry for the lack of formatting, the forum removes all formatting in my posts and doesn't let me edit.

You could easily fix the game I cannot play for more than 5 minutes without it crashing to desktop (see 20 page thread I and others are hanging out it that you have so far completely ignored) by patching £60 back into into my bank account.

Fixed issue where player might have had a progression break after choosing certain dialogue option when talking to Dijkstra in Count Reuven's Treasure quest

I love you guys for this. Thank you for all you are doing!

Do you intend to investigate the rain visibility problem ? And in general weaher issues ? It is really annoying when e.x. the rain is audible and invisible at the same time :/ As far as the platforms are concerned, it doesnt matter which do you play on. All of them has the same problem.

Are there any changes to the combat system in the works? The combat system could use some love: quick access menu should be accessible at all times during combat, quick casting should return, an option to go into "parry mode" at longer ranges to deflect arrows is needed, and also more options for movement in combat (like the option to sprint in combat instead of being forced into crabwalking or rolling). Sorry for the lack of formatting, the forum removes all formatting in my posts and doesn't let me edit.

Playing on the PS4 the quick access menu is accessible at all times and you can sprint when in combat. What platform are you playing on?

Better improvements for GTX 700?

Ehm...this question will be answer by nvidia, not CDPR: if you check Nvidia Site (under Driver sections) you can download new Drivers 353.06 (out today).
The changelog refer to better performance with Witcher 3, in Steam Comunity HUB i've read certain people now achieve +5 / +15FPS (depends by the zone).
I tested it for a few times and report a light performance improvement and light general smoothness.

Top Bottom