Sooo.... create is still around?

+
it provides cards based on RNG.

Thanks, I thought it provided cards based on each player´s personal beliefs.

The fact is that Uma consistently gives you options ranging from "Okay-ish" to "Pretty good". With the chances of "Game turning" being significantly higher than getting somethin that really sucks. Thats it. Uma is consistent on providing quite good value.

This is the same thing that happened to Yog-Saron in HS. People said "oh, a meme card", "oh, for the lulz", "only in casual". Then, people started playing it, and realised that Yog-Saron was a f*cking monster when in a loosing position, because it could turn a game upside-down, like Uma.

And Yog could, in fact, backfire badly, and legitimately kill you if you were unfortunate (not like when you say Uma made you lose games, which is not true), and even with that, they had to nerf it to the ground, because it became so meta dominant that pretty much every top tier deck had Yog in it.

Now, with the gold restriction over, thus, being able to have archetype golds AND Uma at the same time, its going to be everywhere.

The situations I'm thinking about is when it pulls me only crap while any other Gold would have win me the game.

And thats exactly what Uma provides. Those situations where you think "ohh, if instead X i had Y or Z, i could win". Then you play Uma, and, voila, here is your chance to have that card you so direly needed, enjoy.

If you think that the PC system is a meme

It is. Its fine if you think is complicated or actually restrictive in any way, but the maximum value of PC is at least 20 "power" higher than it should to be a real restriction and have to really think out during deck building, right now is just a no brainer with the only restriction being "Dont throw too many legendaries in here pl0x".

How much do you five me if I'm right

Dont worry, you are not.

Last edited:
Thanks, I thought it provided cards based on each player´s personal beliefs.

[...]

It is. Its fine if you think is complicated or actually restrictive in any way, but the maximum value of PC is at least 20 "power" higher than it should to be a real restriction and have to really think out during deck building, right now is just a no brainer with the only restriction being "Dont throw too many legendaries in here pl0x".

Dont worry, you are not.
You know what, time will tell who's right so there's no point in saying any more than we did. When official tournament will be held I'll wait for the Uma's invasion.

PS : I tested Uma a moment ago, it pulled me enough crap to prove my point already but hey, who knows maybe something will magically happen.

Good?! Games of chances good!? Why, they are Evil's very Claws!
Corrupting, tearing at the Soul, seeping venom into the heart!

The Developers should listen to the Good Book and remove Create cards from the game.

games of chance.jpg

And still, you have to be retarded enough to pick one of those "bad" choices instead of a better one of the other 2 options offered. Your point would be remotely valid if Uma´s text were "summon a random gold card", but its not the case, so the situationally bad options are going to be dodged easily.

Interesting how your excuse is "Uma is not oppresive" 24 hours after the release of the game. Lets talk about how much of a problem Uma is in 1 month.

Oh, it is. Of course it is. Like some of us said when the create mechanic was introduced, and timed proved us right.

I wont deny "Create" has its place, though. Its place is Hearthstone.

Isn't Uma the same card as in Beta?

It wasn't played at all in Beta other than in some meme full-RNG deck alongside Avallach: Sage or whatever that trash was called.

What makes you think that it will see play at any point in HC?

Unreliable cards tend to be switched out with reliable ones, the Hym was so strong because it also had a second effect which was super useful for CA

You didn't pick Hym for the create part

Why pick Uma if you can just pick a gold card with good value?

Please get rid of "create" CDPR. When an opponent playing NG creates a Draug from my starting deck and ends up with more specters on his side of the board than mine it is pretty ridiculous and strongly indicates create isn't healthy for the game.

-Please get rid of "create" CDPR. When an opponent playing NG creates a Draug from my starting deck and ends up with more specters on his side of the board than mine it is pretty ridiculous and strongly indicates create isn't healthy for the game.-

It's called a surprise and actually very healthy to the game. WTF is this lousy complaining about change this card and change that card while you leave the real gamespoiling crapcards (gerwin, unicorns, golem) out of discussion? Are you trying to damage this game as you know the devs read the forums and make changes complied to the complaints they read here? If something is unhealthy for the game it's all the demands to change interesting cards over overpowered cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
-Please get rid of "create" CDPR. When an opponent playing NG creates a Draug from my starting deck and ends up with more specters on his side of the board than mine it is pretty ridiculous and strongly indicates create isn't healthy for the game.-

It's called a surprise and actually very healthy to the game. WTF is this lousy complaining about change this card and change that card while you leave the real gamespoiling crapcards (gerwin, unicorns, golem) out of discussion? Are you trying to damage this game as you know the devs read the forums and make changes complied to the complaints they read here? If something is unhealthy for the game it's all the demands to change interesting cards over overpowered cards.

You can have "surprises" without having them be based on RNG.

Having cards interact with each other in new ways is cool but having your opponent just roll the dice and get lucky to win the game is just annoying.

When I can create a card fom your deck it isn't RNG based in my plan. I see a good card, duplicate-create it. So, lets take Bribery. You don't play it to create a common bronze card. The intention when played is to find a usefull gold. Back in the beta this was a strong SK card, Hymn if I'm correct. This Creating type makes the game versatile and is challenging. Unpredictable. Interesting. Far better then my opponen rolling a dice and killing and locking every unit aboard while he also gets tactical advantage with the witcher trio and roach in round 1.

When I can create a card fom your deck it isn't RNG based in my plan. I see a good card, duplicate-create it. So, lets take Bribery. You don't play it to create a common bronze card. The intention when played is to find a usefull gold. Back in the beta this was a strong SK card, Hymn if I'm correct. This Creating type makes the game versatile and is challenging. Unpredictable. Interesting. Far better then my opponen rolling a dice and killing and locking every unit aboard while he also gets tactical advantage with the witcher trio and roach in round 1.
Hym was one of the most broken cards back then.

Hym was one of the most broken cards back then.
Agreed, Hym was a really poorly designed card. So was Isengrim: Outlaw.

Some other comments:
Create IS RNG.
Create doesn't make the game versatile.
Create does make the game challenging - in that getting screwed over by RNG Create nonsense challenges whether you want to keep playing or not.
I'd much rather my unit is locked or removed with something the opponent actually put in their deck, rather than the opponent high roll into an answer they didn't have.

Agreed, Hym was a really poorly designed card. So was Isengrim: Outlaw.

Some other comments:
Create IS RNG.
Create doesn't make the game versatile.
Create does make the game challenging - in that getting screwed over by RNG Create nonsense challenges whether you want to keep playing or not.
I'd much rather my unit is locked or removed with something the opponent actually put in their deck, rather than the opponent high roll into an answer they didn't have.
One can argue that high RNG/variance adds an exciting element and that this gambling aspect attracts more players. On the other hand, it repels players who really want a strategy game, but see their strategy losing against RNG. There is nothing more demotivating than seeing your perfect strategy lose against some crappy RNG/pure luck.

Let's get to the point. It is actually quite simple. Gwent is supposed to be a strategy game and is advertised as such. An esport based on skill. That is the vision. High RNG and variance do not have a place in a strategic skill game, otherwise it becomes a game of luck. A true vision has to be acted on accordingly, which means reducing RNG and variance as much as possible or at least to an acceptable level. Create has high variance. Binary removal (artifacts and cards that do targeted unlimited damage) have high variance. Cards like Dragon's Dream also have high variance (12 provisions for a damage range of 0 - 27).
I like what was done with Golden Froth and commended this recently in a separate topic. Golden Froth has now much less variance and is actually a good strategic card (6 provisions to boost 3 adjacent units by 2). This is the stuff that is needed. Lower variance is needed so that the provisions : point value ratio stays close to 1 in most situations, thereby making good strategic play much more the deciding factor between winning and losing.

Last edited:

Guest 4339135

Guys, the problem is that CDPR supports the RNG mechanic with the new expansion. The new NG archetype is based on RNG and playing cards from your opponent, like the new card 'Tourney Shaelmaar'. So CDPR will add more cards like this to the game and ruin NG at all...

If you call Hym broken I'm pretty sure you'd call Bribery also broken since it's exact the same card. Cards as these are important to counter decks that play with broken OP cards. As do most decks I encounter. Considering they are in all decks, they are bricking Gwent itself. Bribery is far from in every deck. And so in fact was Hym.

Top Bottom