Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same Problem here...German Version...ProblemsignaturProblemereignisame: APPCRASHAnwendungsname: witcher.EXEAnwendungsversion: 1.4.5.1282Anwendungszeitstempel: 489d12ceFehlermodulname: witcher.EXEFehlermodulversion: 1.4.5.1282Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 489d12ceAusnahmecode: c0000005Ausnahmeoffset: 0013a9daBetriebsystemversion: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3Gebietsschema-ID: 1031Zusatzinformation 1: 7e99Zusatzinformation 2: 60dc1f5a80adcf1489ee5b4fca5a565dZusatzinformation 3: c22cZusatzinformation 4: d4f2eb3ddad6350cf940e699393234d2

Same problem here. I had a tough time installing EE with Kaspersky already present. Had to go through the trouble of uninstalling then reinstalling Kaspersky once the update was complete. On top of that, DO NOT follow the FAQ for the EE installation from The Witcher main page. If you try to install the patch under Windows 95 compatibility, you will get .Net 3.0 Framework installation errors. Install it as a normal Windows XP/Vista application.I have not yet found a fix for the crash on boot. Here are some of the error messages I am seeing...AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438f

wileycoyote1 said:
Same problem here. I had a tough time installing EE with Kaspersky already present. Had to go through the trouble of uninstalling then reinstalling Kaspersky once the update was complete. On top of that, DO NOT follow the FAQ for the EE installation from The Witcher main page. If you try to install the patch under Windows 95 compatibility, you will get .Net 3.0 Framework installation errors. Install it as a normal Windows XP/Vista application.I have not yet found a fix for the crash on boot. Here are some of the error messages I am seeing...AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438f
I've only seen that mss32.dll message in relation to the EAX bug. There are several fixes for this already available in the forum.

Bought on steam, choppy sound as well, kind of distorted very annoying, of course I can't enable eax like everybody else.Hope a patch comes soon, my specs:Audio Adapter Creative SB X-Fi Fatal1ty Sound CardCPU Type DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E6750, 2666 MHz (8 x 333)Motherboard Name Asus P5K Premium/WiFi-APSystem Memory 2048 MB (DDR2-800 DDR2 SDRAM)Video Adapter ATI Radeon HD 3870 (512 MB)Monitor NEC MultiSync 20WGX2 (Digital) [20" LCD] (71100574HB)Operating System Microsoft Windows XP ProfessionalOS Service Pack Service Pack 3

Lochmann said:
I do not have any problems with the game launching or crashing out. My problem is that the sound is full of static and scratchy. I have tried both my onboard sound, Sygma-Tel and my USB X-Fi, each has the same problem. I do not have EAX enabled, when I did try to add it to Alchemy then the game crashed out. Took it off and it started and played fine again, (with the exception of sound).Anyone else with this trouble? As with everyone else my game with 1.3 played flawlessly with everything turned up to max. Looking for any suggestions.
I had the problem too. Try to start Witcher.exe in Windows XP SP2 compatibility mode. It has helped me.

Hate to sound thick, but how would I to start Witcher.exe in Windows XP SP 2 compatability mode? I know I have read about it but never had the need to try it.Edit. nm, found an explanation trying it now

Tried the suggestions posted here but I'm still either 1. Getting the scratchy and static sound (when EAX is disabled)2. Getting no sounds at all (when EAX is enabled)

When I turn on the EAX game is crashing. Yeah, I am a Steam user too. I have X-Fi XtremeGamer and I am using Windows XP - SP3. I hope CD Projekt will fix it, because my old retail The Witcher game with 1.3 patch was running fine with EAX.

Hi. No sound from my realtek onboard audio but i do get sound with my headphones medusa 5.1 usb that has an integrated sound card.... ???Anyone is having this problem with onboard soundcards? I have EAX disabled in game menu. Beside that, game is running ok and well ;)I think is an interesting question because the majority of the posts here are related with creative soundcards ::)regards.

I can't find any other posts similar to this, but I'm having an issue which may be sound related.In some conversations, the character gestures as if talking (no sound though), then hesitates as if he's waiting for my response, but the numbered response options don't appear. No keys have any effect. Only way to end it is use task manager to kill the process. I'm stuck on the bridge at Vizema and can't get past the conversation with Kalkstein. I had the same issue with Odo, and just walked away, but I know I'll have to go back to him sometime soon to complete a quest.version 1.3 ( got 1.4 downloaded but can't connect yet for the registration check)EAX is disabled in game, but I can't find a "hardware acceleration" setting in any of the sound or speaker options.I uninstalled and reinstalled to v1.0.0.1101 -- works fineAll drivers are up-to-dateAsus M3A32-MVP DELUXEAMD Phenom X4 9550 @ 2200 MHzOCZ Reaper Dual Channel 2048 MB (2 x 1024 DDR2-SDRAM )Asus Xonar DX sound cardBFG AGEIA PhysX Processor ATI Radeon HD 3870 X2Vista Ultimate 32bit SP 1

Davebo said:
EAX is disabled in game, but I can't find a "hardware acceleration" setting in any of the sound or speaker options.
run: dxdiagin the SOUND tab there is a slider, move it 1 level to left

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
EAX is disabled in game, but I can't find a "hardware acceleration" setting in any of the sound or speaker options.
run: dxdiagin the SOUND tab there is a slider, move it 1 level to left
Thanks for the quick reply.Unfortunately, I had noticed that suggestion in other posts -- I read the whole thread first to see if anyone else had encountered my particular issue.I don't have a slider to control it in dxdiag. See the screenshot.Sound 1 tab = sound card speakers out2 = card digital out3 = card HDMI out4 = integrated SoundMAX speakers out5 = SoundMAX SPDIF6 = SoundMAX digital outnone of them have a hardware acceleration slider

Davebo said:
none of them have a hardware acceleration slider
You could try instead messing with the Miles files as per this post:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16688.msg390420#msg390420

After installing The Witcher I can start it up and the sound works just fine. Once I install the 1.4 patch the sound no longer works at all. I mess with all the settings I can and nothing works. The second I check EAX and hit accept the game crashes on the spot.This is the 3rd time Ive tried downloading, installing and patching and every time I have the same issue.

I've posted this on another topic but here I may find a solution. I seem to have a minor problem with the sound. Nothing game braking but still. Whenever Geralt meditates I get a loud high pitched sound which is very irritating and can damage my speakers. I turn them of for meditation.I have a X-Fi XtremeGamer WinXP SP3 and the latest creative drivers. Anybody else encountered that? Oh, and I have in-game EAX enabled which I have to do every time I run the game 'cause it seems to discard that setting when I quit and 'cause without it enabled I loose my surround sound.

gutcruncher said:
After installing The Witcher I can start it up and the sound works just fine. Once I install the 1.4 patch the sound no longer works at all. I mess with all the settings I can and nothing works. The second I check EAX and hit accept the game crashes on the spot.This is the 3rd time Ive tried downloading, installing and patching and every time I have the same issue.
I have the same issue, sound works without 1.4 doesn't work after 1.4.

Got connected so I could do the update -- less than an hour to complete.Game launches fine and I didn't have to use Miles files, although I had downloaded them in case.Sound is fine; not scratchy like other people are reporting with EAX off, but I'm leaving it off in the sound options.to be safe ;)Thanks for the suggestions and help. :peace:Off to kill some Drowners. . .

TheWitcher1.4EE_EAX_fixBackup your files from "The Witcher\System\Miles\" folder, then overwrite them with these
Code:
File name    Size       ------------  ---------------  mssdolby.flt       7,168  mssds3d.flt       11,776  mssdsp.flt        55,296  msseax.flt        58,880  mssmp3.asi       149,504  msssrs.flt        13,824  mssvoice.asi      214,528  total files 7  total size     510,976
from version 1.3 of the game.After this you can get SOUND ACCELERATION back on maximum setting, you can also enable EAX in game.Good luck!10x to all the users posting this before, post if it works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom