Sound and EAX ( mss32.dll ) issues

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
bobos said:
Alright, I uploaded it but the sound quality isn't the best so you'll hear the glitchbut keep in mind that in reality it is much more pronounced.
it sounds ok to meany "enhanced" sound processing activated from outside the game? EAX? reverb? more bass?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Alright, I uploaded it but the sound quality isn't the best so you'll hear the glitchbut keep in mind that in reality it is much more pronounced.
it sounds ok to meany "enhanced" sound processing activated from outside the game? EAX? reverb? more bass?
No, I thought about these and it doesn't change no matter the console settings.I played a bit yesterday and in the swamps where the environmental sfx are somewhat fewer than those in Vizima, the glitch was less both in length and intensity. So I'm guessing it has something to dowith sound effects.edit: wait, by ok you mean there's nothing wrong with it, or you do hear the glitch?cause as I said, I can upload a new one.

bobos said:
edit: wait, by ok you mean there's nothing wrong with it, or you do hear the glitch?cause as I said, I can upload a new one.
I just watched/listened to the clip and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I heard crackleing but that was from the campfire so maybe a different clip would be helpful.

bobos said:
edit: wait, by ok you mean there's nothing wrong with it, or you do hear the glitch?cause as I said, I can upload a new one.
it sounds ok to me, look i'll record a meditation bit on my system, and if it sounds the same, annoying/problematic/wrong for YOU on YOUR system, then i think something else is at fault, meaning something between the game or video player and headphones or whatever you usemy guess is that something messes up a certain frequency, but i'm in the dark herebrb

I have the Enhanced version of the witcher with the 1.4 patch in which I had this weird sound problem that was an echo in the sound only in the new adventure Price of nutrality, and only The voice over acting would echo no other sounds and no where else in game, but it was a bother so I did alot of reading and checked out all my sound settings etc. This worked for me: It was posted in the beginning of this thread :Q: Problem With EAX ( game is crashing and MSS32.DLL is mentioned )A: Get http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?iwiyztzdttzBackup your files from "The Witcher\System\Miles\" folder, then overwrite them with these Code:File name Size ------------ --------------- mssdolby.flt 7,168 mssds3d.flt 11,776 mssdsp.flt 55,296 msseax.flt 58,880 mssmp3.asi 149,504 msssrs.flt 13,824 mssvoice.asi 214,528 total files 7 total size 510,976 from version 1.3 of the game.Although I still cannot turn on the EAX enable: I have put my machine info in my signature. Just thought some of the techs might like to know about this problem and how I solved some of mine for nowSuch a awesome game love it. Thanks for the info in forum.

Q: Problem With EAX ( game is crashing and MSS32.DLL is mentioned )A1: NEWER FIX: http://rapidshare.com/files/148694459/TheWitcher1.4EE_EAX_fix_TRY2.zip.html
Backup your files:1. The Witcher\System\mss32.dll 440 KB (450.560 bytes) version: 7.2.2.02. The Witcher\System\binkw32.dll 167 KB (171.008 bytes) version: 1.9.5.03. The Witcher\System\Miles\mss32.dll 440 KB (450.560 bytes) version: 7.2.2.0Then replace them with these files ( remember to replace "The Witcher\System\Miles\mss32.dll" too ;) ).Apparently patch 1.4 has updated Miles Sound System libraries, but somehow MSS32.DLL was not updated hence the instability, and BINKW32.DLL is updated too since the game will freeze if only the newer MSS32.DLL is used.
After this you can get SOUND ACCELERATION back on maximum setting, you can also enable EAX in game.also updated the OP/FAQ.please get the original patch 1.4 files back in their folders and test this new FIX. 10Q/LE: my meditation movie: http://rapidshare.com/files/148698283/tweesndmeditation1.avi.htmlCheers!

LicaonKter said:
/LE: my meditation movie: http://rapidshare.com/files/148698283/tweesndmeditation1.avi.htmlCheers!
Unfortunately I don't have a rapidshare account but I'll make one and I'll upload a new vid for you to see.Wegame compresses audio/video and the glitched frequency is barely audible.But be sure that I'm not pulling things out of my butt, other people have stated they have the same glitch on thistopic so you don't have to be so pugnacious, please. We 're asking for help, nothing dramatic. Just help.

I can select EAX with the newest fix provided; I don't know if it's actually providing any benefit because I don't know how prominent EAX is in The Witcher to begin with; EAX effects are also generally quite subtle, so I can't pick up too many differences on my own, if any. At the very least the audio does work, which is an improvement because using EAX previously made the game crash as soon as I selected the menu option. I should note that it stopped my intro movies from playing properly, however, and possibly other in-game movies as well. Hopefully CD Projekt will provide an official fix soon.

LicaonKter said:
Q: Problem With EAX ( game is crashing and MSS32.DLL is mentioned )A1: NEWER FIX: http://rapidshare.com/files/148694459/TheWitcher1.4EE_EAX_fix_TRY2.zip.html
Backup your files:1. The Witcher\System\mss32.dll 440 KB (450.560 bytes) version: 7.2.2.02. The Witcher\System\binkw32.dll 167 KB (171.008 bytes) version: 1.9.5.03. The Witcher\System\Miles\mss32.dll 440 KB (450.560 bytes) version: 7.2.2.0Then replace them with these files ( remember to replace "The Witcher\System\Miles\mss32.dll" too ;) ).Apparently patch 1.4 has updated Miles Sound System libraries, but somehow MSS32.DLL was not updated hence the instability, and BINKW32.DLL is updated too since the game will freeze if only the newer MSS32.DLL is used.
After this you can get SOUND ACCELERATION back on maximum setting, you can also enable EAX in game.also updated the OP/FAQ.please get the original patch 1.4 files back in their folders and test this new FIX. 10Q/LE: my meditation movie: http://rapidshare.com/files/148698283/tweesndmeditation1.avi.htmlCheers!
This DOES NOT work.When I use these files, the Bink videos don't play; just a black screen,

Hey everyone, I haven't posted here much yet, and I'm just getting back into The Witcher (I never finished it because of the technical issues it had :-[ ) and after DLing the EE patch(es) I had this same issue.Thanks again for having a work-around, I was stressing out as to what the issue was at first :p.Anyway, I just wanted to say, the 2nd fix that was posted, gives me a blank screen (with sound) for the Intro Videos (not cinematics, the one's when you first start the game). But it still loads up, but not exactly a "better" fix compared to just replacing the other "filter" file in the Miles folder.

I had a crashing issue with MSS32.DLL,So i replaced all the Miles files with the Filesfrom the miles folder inCall of Duty 4 its a higher Version than 1.3 and 1.4 EAX Worked and did not Crash have been playing the Game since and its runs 200% smoother for me since the EE Patch Bad Rad Game Tools The Witcher Directory:System\Bink32.dllSystem\mss32.dllSystem\miles\mss32.dllSystem\miles\milesEq.fltSystem\miles\mssds3d.fltSystem\miles\mssdsp.fltSystem\miles\msseax.fltSystem\miles\mssmp3.asiSystem\miles\mssvoice.asi[glow=red,2,300]http://rapidshare.com/files/148834349/System.rar.html[/glow](http://www.radgametools.com/miles.htm): Miles is super robust. Since we ship in so many games, Miles just gets better and better - it just doesn't crash. Miles is also designed to tolerate bad input data - it just keeps cranking along until the input data gets better again

bobos said:
Unfortunately I don't have a rapidshare account but I'll make one and I'll upload a new vid for you to see.
you do not need an account to upload filesdid you listen to my file?wegame does not compress audio, only video, so nothing is lostmy initial testing showed that the second fix was working ok, now it does not even work on my machine, strange.... mere testing needed :)/LE: further testing showed some stuff, see the picturethe newer fix was removedi'll upload a new set of mss+bink+flts later today, but for now the OLDER fix should do

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
Unfortunately I don't have a rapidshare account but I'll make one and I'll upload a new vid for you to see.
you do not need an account to upload filesdid you listen to my file?wegame does not compress audio, only video, so nothing is lostmy initial testing showed that the second fix was working ok, now it does not even work on my machine, strange.... mere testing needed :)/LE: further testing showed some stuff, see the picturethe newer fix was removedi'll upload a new set of mss+bink+flts later today, but for now the OLDER fix should do
Alright, thanks for telling me. I uploaded it with rapidshare. Please check it.http://rapidshare.com/files/148796557/witcher_sound_3_.avi

i have 1.4 EE and i use alchemy lab.my SO is Vista64 bit edition and i have this problem when i check EAX on audio option the sound is mute, no music,no effect nothing, if i disable eax the sound is on but only in 2.1 mode 2 frontal and center.Anyone have the same problem and have the solution? i have X-FI Xtreme Gamer soundcard with last beta driver 2.18.006 and concole launch 2.60.29Thank for help

The X-Fi series of Creative cards all support EAX 5.0, but are backwards compatible with previous EAX versions (I can use EAX in S.T.A.L.K.E.R., for example, which uses EAX 2.0). You shouldn't have a problem using EAX if your card supports 4.0 or above, so all the crashes and problems with getting EAX working seem to be due to bugs in the game engine rather than hardware or driver incompatibilities.

I have reinstalled my Creative PCI Express X-FI Extreme Audio sound card using the latest drivers and the latest edition of Alchemy and the EAX is working perfectly. I don't know if it is 4.0 or not but the sound is just beautiful...Like when I am in a cave or dungeon and the characters are speaking, the voice sound effects are exactly what I think they should sound like when you are in that kind of environment..The real test of the sound will be when I am doing batttle with those tree-like plants in the swamp cuz I have experienced sound distortion in the past when fighting them....We shall see as I just entered Visima last night.....Knock on wood with the wonderful help of programs like Alchemy and NHancer my experience with the marvelous game is now the best its ever been....The combat is just downright awesome!!!!

Good news! !Well I finally got my sound up and running in the game.HooRay!!!! My problem with no sound happened because when I installed the the latest drivers the instalation got screwed up somehow. I have reinstalled my Creative PCI Express X-FI Extreme Audio sound card using the latest drivers and the latest edition of Alchemy and the EAX is working perfectly. I don't know if it is 4.0 or not but the sound is just beautiful...Like when I am in a cave or dungeon and the characters are speaking, the voice sound effects are exactly what I think they should sound like when you are in that kind of environment..The real test of the sound will be when I am doing batttle with those tree-like plants in the swamp cuz I have experienced sound distortion in the past when fighting them....We shall see as I just entered Visima last night.....Knock on wood with the wonderful help of programs like Alchemy and NHancer my experience with this marvelous game is now the best it's ever been....The combat is just downright awesome!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom