Sound quality issues

+
Is anyone else having them? The sound effects, like sword hitting enemies and parrying of steel on steel etc are greatly reduced, almost to the point of not being audible. The music on the other hand is fine. Sometimes sound effects don't play at all. This is in version 4.0

I'm with you on the sound issues, I was unsure if it was my 7.1 surround sound setup since it caused similar problems in Halo Infinite and Skyrim as well.

Is anyone else having them? The sound effects, like sword hitting enemies and parrying of steel on steel etc are greatly reduced, almost to the point of not being audible. The music on the other hand is fine. Sometimes sound effects don't play at all. This is in version 4.0
may be that can help
try to DL ASIO4ALL , for many years i use for software audio ( daw ) , but it can help to fix issues for audio real time processing on game .
the drivers come with some codec audio and it well know to reduce latency audio

I'm playing on PC (Steam) and notice a lot of sound effects being muffled or reduced in volume -- especially with my sword making contact with monsters or enemy swords. I think it's mainly due to me using a 7.1 surround sound setup (Windows 10 Dolby Atmos); I think some of the in-game sounds are being lost in certain channels or too quiet for me to hear. Not sure if the game is fully supporting 7.1 channels when I select the "Home Cinema" speaker option in the game's audio settings.

I'm also having sound issues with the background music abruptly stopping while browsing the menus for a period of time (inventory/merchant store overlay/crafting/etc). The music will not resume until I leave the immediate area, then a new musical track will begin once I enter the new area.

Last edited:
yup
Post automatically merged:

mine stutters alot

Agreed. I'm on PS5, and I'm wondering if some sound effects, like sword strikes on enemies, aren't playing correctly. They seem drastically reduced or even gone at times.

Hi all. Not sure if it helps but I experienced lower volume audio on series x (voices and music would play loud enough but sound effects didn't) I was able to fix it by changing the audio output settings of the series X from Dolby Atmos to 7.1/5.1. uncompressed. Hope this helps.

Top Bottom