[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
* For example: If I choose to act friendly towards Johnny, why isn't that an option in the dialogue. I can tell him to sod off OR I can tell him to sod off... (A certain scene outside a motel)
I don't really know which scene, but I suppose it's this one (who can happen in different place in function of main quest order that you choose to do).

that was mostly just a little "If I had a nickel for every time they fumbled male love interests, I'd have two nickels. Not a lot but it's weird it happened twice" bitterness seeping through.

It's so frustrating because this point gets lost in all the debate about what a true cyberpunk ending should be. If it's a genre staple to have a "kick you in the teeth, all you walk out of here with is your life" ending, then all of River and Kerry's endings are a better, more authentic cyberpunk experience than Panam/Judy + Star, but I doubt very many are willing to take up that torch.

The endings are bad for so many reasons, but I absolutely cannot stop beating the "River and Kerry got screwed" drum until people stop holding up Star like it's the little placating "happy" ending for people who wanted something more upbeat. Would love to join them in that little optimistic party, but I can't. :( Sorry, CDPR decided "mmm, wouldn't it be cool if we locked gay m!V and straight f!V out of anything remotely satisfying in our super sad endings? Wouldn't that be fun? I bet they're gonna love it."
Also don't forget the repeated justification of this by saying that holding this position means that you want them to harm the character of River or Kerry by forcing them to stay with V as if player agency is something that can't exist anymore.

Also don't forget the repeated justification of this by saying that holding this position means that you want them to harm the character of River or Kerry by forcing them to stay with V as if player agency is something that can't exist anymore.
it would have been a literal crime if Kerry and River got something half as satisfying as The Darlings, so they had to take the player agency out. Something something night city bad, don't pick glory, whatever. "My ending riding off into the sunset with my girlfriend wouldn't be as good if the other ending wasn't grimdark misery wank :c stop saying you want to stay in Night City!"

My ending riding off into the sunset with my girlfriend wouldn't be as good if the other ending wasn't grimdark misery wank :c stop saying you want to stay in Night City!
Honestly, I would like to think it's just something you wrote without really think it, because if it's really the case... I don't know what to said... at best, nothing o_O

Honestly, I would like to think it's just something you wrote without really think it, because if it's really the case... I don't know what to said... at best, nothing o_O
It's the cynical representation of the people that said it makes the game more realistic that two of the love interests (but not the one they liked) suck and are locked into the "glory" ending. I don't think you've ever been one of those people so I hope there's no hard feelings. It's just agitating hearing "that's life, gotta take the good with the bad" from the people that got all the good and none of the bad. (The plot cancer is shared between all of them, so it's different.)

Ok ;)
But I don't think this kind of people are majority, at worst a tiny portion of those who romance Panam or Judy (I hope at least).
On Xbox, only about 25% of players have finished the game, so in short 75% of players have no idea what the endings of Cyberpunk can be (good or bad or whatever) :(

I do think the Blue Eyes ending is the most optimistic ironically for V living because Blue Eyes flat out says that there's a chance you'll live.

However remote.

The Aldecado ending just implies it.

But we won't know til the Expansion or sequel. Because damn if that isn't a set up.

Why the obsession over V living? There are happy endings, you're just ignoring them in favor of what you'd prefer. Look at the ending of male V going away with his new girlfriend Panam and the Aldecaldos. Even if he dies in 6 months, it'll be the best half a year he's ever known. Free of night city, Panam could be set to have a child a few months after V dies, and he gets to choose what he does, and he gets his own set of awesome wheels, unless he just rides with Pan all the time. Other than dying, how is this not a happy ending?

Guest 4412420

There are happy endings, you're just ignoring them in favor of what you'd prefer.

Look at the ending of male V going away with his new girlfriend Panam and the Aldecaldos.
Except that this happy ending is only available to a certain type of V. What about everyone who didn't romance Panam (or Judy) and didn't want to join the nomads? People shouldn't have to play a very specific kind of character (and those specifics have nothing to do with morals so this isn't good/evil ending type of thing) just to get a happier ending.

The Star ending would be the worst ending for my V, but the game doesn't really accommodate players like me, and didn't give us a less bitter alternative. The Sun ending changing V's personality in a way that more often than not goes against previously established characterization is a problem multiple people have with this ending, so it isn't such an alternative, but it was probably intended as such. As it is now, Mr. Blue Eyes' hint and the fact that male love interests don't leave V (though V is forced to neglect relationships with them and their other friends) are the duct tape that's holding this ending together.

Last edited by a moderator:
To my knowledge, the other endings are either give your body to johnny, sell your soul to Arasaka, and the space thing. The way most of this thread reads, there is no "good" ending because V dies/is destroyed(replaced by Johnny) no matter what.

Why the obsession over V living? There are happy endings, you're just ignoring them in favor of what you'd prefer. Look at the ending of male V going away with his new girlfriend Panam and the Aldecaldos. Even if he dies in 6 months, it'll be the best half a year he's ever known. Free of night city, Panam could be set to have a child a few months after V dies, and he gets to choose what he does, and he gets his own set of awesome wheels, unless he just rides with Pan all the time. Other than dying, how is this not a happy ending?
To be honest, if you don't bother about V's death (which happen in all endings without any distinction), the "best half year of his/her life" couldn't be as "good" in function of V's LI. With Panam and Judy, no doubt... But if V's LI is River or Kerry, it's not the same "story" at all, unfortunately. To let his/her LI behind in Night City and leave "alone", doesn't sound as "the best half year of his/her life" (even with all the Aldecaldos as familly, it's quite sad) :(

I think dying after 6 months, and putting a ticking clock on a relationship is not a happy ending. If anything, at best, its a tragic ending.

Here V, have a wonderful 6 months, build a life, live free and then;

you died.gif

Or : Here V, you already "cheated" the death 3 times (at minimum) and you have a "free" card to live 6 months more, not so bad.
It could sound happier (for me at least) :)
Good reasoning. Just because V is going to die, unless Johnny takes over, doesn't automatically make it bad. To quote a famous song: Who wants to live forever?

Or : Here V, you already "cheated" the death 3 times (at minimum) and you have a "free" card to live 6 months more, not so bad.
It could sound happier (for me at least) :)

If 6 months is a "free card", then I'd want a refund! :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

Who wants to live forever?

Who wants to live for 6 months, part of which will be V deteriorating, probably something akin to cancer, so its not like V gets 6 months to fully live :(

If 6 months is a "free card", then I'd want a refund!
The refund in this case, mean to die immediately because you take off the Relic of your head :)
(or go behind the black wall with Alt and maybe "live" forever, or go into Mikoshi and maybe live "forever", at least until Asaraka decide what to do with V's engram, V have choices...)

If 6 months is a "free card", then I'd want a refund! :LOL:
Post automatically merged:

Who wants to live for 6 months, part of which will be V deteriorating, probably something akin to cancer, so its not like V gets 6 months to fully live :(
If it's that black and white to you, there's the option to eat lead.

Top Bottom