[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
After the finishing with panam I missed her so much waiting for Panam expansion dlc want it so much
Post automatically merged:

I finished the game with Panam but miss her so much how to meet with her after main story,just want a dlc of panam expansion want it so much

After the finishing with panam I missed her so much waiting for Panam expansion dlc want it so much

I finished the game with Panam but miss her so much how to meet with her after main story,just want a dlc of panam expansion want it so much
If only it was that simple. Not all of us did (or will do) the nomad ending. Not all of us even played nomads. An entire dlc expansion revolving around one of the endings (after the fact) would trivialize all others. However, hopefully they see through analytics, and/or feedback. That most players soulkilled or not want V to survive, rather than become Johnny Silverhand.

Last edited:
If only it was that simple. Not all of us did (or will do) the nomad ending. Not all of us even played nomads. An entire dlc expansion revolving around one of the endings would trivialize all others. However, hopefully they see through analytics, and/or feedback. That most players soulkilled or not want V to survive, rather than become Johnny Silverhand.
All we can hope for now is a response from someone in CDPR. Now we just need to keep this thread alive and keep expanding it with more people.

All we can hope for now is a response from someone in CDPR. Now we just need to keep this thread alive and keep expanding it with more people.
Yep, one reason I've been continuing to post.

Also, if my last post on the last page made the impression I wanted a story about Johnny Silverhand. That is not the case. I love V, and I want to see V achieve their goal and SURVIVE. I don't want V to get soulkilled either. I see that as failure. Just give me that one ending, and I would be happy. Our struggles as V would finally be worth it at that point!

Not meaning to offend people who enjoyed the Nomad/Panam ending, but I think there should be an option to pursue that path whilst also rejecting Panam and/or refusing the jacket her clan offer you.

Personally, I found Panam to be very impulsive and dangerous, so I would have preferred the 'border crossing' ending without her.

Also, I was genuinely surprised that the Nomad ending didn't allow V to reject the clan jacket. This missed a fun scenario where instead of asking Panam for help, V simply steals the Panzer from her clan and solos the drill battle (or calls on otther friends like River, Judy and Rogue to complete it).

Of course these are minor gripes compared with the need for a happier ending where V destroys or at least outsmarts Alt before the Mikoshi mission.

Well, I will try to see what the Arasaka-Hinako Ending has to offer, and/or the decisions where I chose to go over the black wall.

Neither V, nor Johnny are the protagonists of this story. It's Night City.
And you know the story is grandiose if you feel the emotions, happyness, anger, sadness. whatever you felt. you enjoyed the ride, ... so i don't see the "problem". Maybe it's because some people don't really see or feel their own happy ending.

But it was never being about a happy ending. and it was told before. And maybe you'd need to see what still comes after in DLC and whatnot. There is a whole town and stories to be experienced, at least for me.

Or do you consider that, as long a someone makes a copy of you, it's not a big deal if you gets killed?

I go to bed. I sleep for eight hours. I wake up with no conscious memory of those eight hours.

I make an engram of myself. I live eight hours and die. My engram is uploaded into a body. I wake up with no conscious memory of those eight hours.

Spot the difference.

Anyway, I loved all the endings. LOVED THEM. I was convinced Pyramid Song was the peak of storytelling in the game, but the endings gut punched the notion outta me, preem. I was expecting a mild letdown, Wither 3 style, but what I got was something that was well written and thematically consistent with both the game's narratives and the setting itself.

Kudos to the writing team.

Well, I will try to see what the Arasaka-Hinako Ending has to offer, and/or the decisions where I chose to go over the black wall.

Neither V, nor Johnny are the protagonists of this story. It's Night City.
And you know the story is grandiose if you feel the emotions, happyness, anger, sadness. whatever you felt. you enjoyed the ride, ... so i don't see the "problem". Maybe it's because some people don't really see or feel their own happy ending.

But it was never being about a happy ending. and it was told before. And maybe you'd need to see what still comes after in DLC and whatnot. There is a whole town and stories to be experienced, at least for me.
Then why they stated its about "saving yourself". Yeah all i felt was anger and sadness in the story. The problem is you can not enjoy the ride if all of the outcomes are pretty much the same, no matter hat you choose, you end up in the same spot.
If Nigh City is the protagonist, why are we all so much more connected and involved to V than the city? Making a world as a main point in the game needs to make its playable character look like someone who is not important. For example look at Dark Souls game, nobody cares about our character but we care about the world, how everything happened, what's going on in it. In CP2077 V is such a powerful character than we can't do anything but symphatize with him/her and just want to get through tough story with them to good/happy finish line, but we get bugger all. It's just die or die.
It was never stated it was not about happy ending. It's not that game has one ending (though it feels so), but multiple and not getting at least one bright one is too god damn edgy.
As I stated before every upcoming DLC that will not include V will be shadowed or not liked by many players because it will be not the same and if it will include V, most of us will get even more depressed knowing the end. The best thing we can get now is additional nice ending where V lives and continues to be merc so that there would be more options for DLC and even sequels (which I would like to see if it happens).

I go to bed. I sleep for eight hours. I wake up with no conscious memory of those eight hours.

I make an engram of myself. I live eight hours and die. My engram is uploaded into a body. I wake up with no conscious memory of those eight hours.

Spot the difference.

Anyway, I loved all the endings. LOVED THEM. I was convinced Pyramid Song was the peak of storytelling in the game, but the endings gut punched the notion outta me, preem. I was expecting a mild letdown, Wither 3 style, but what I got was something that was well written and thematically consistent with both the game's narratives and the setting itself.

Kudos to the writing team.
Endings aren't bad, but outcomes of them are all similar and are depressing af.

I'll again do some wall of text but I really need to take it out of self.

The worst thing despite ending is that choices you made during game doesn't matter. After all you die but in the best scenario you'll be able to spend last 6 months of life with your closest people around.

CDPR please give us statement, we need something more than seeing ending and coming back to state before.

We need expanded endings, we need way to cure V .
We need next episode about fighting for life.

Adding stuff before actual ending is worthless - after all we'd know what will happen.

I feel empty, not satisfied. And if someone'll tell me that its cyberpunk and thats how it works - whole story was about new relationships, decisions, gains loses but mainly about trying to survive. We were gaining just to lose all at the end.
This game is not in style of this war of mine where you expected bad ending as whole game was telling us ho prob it'll end bad but after all you could save everyone and survive.

There are no choice as there are no post ending V, you cant even be that V having just 6 months.

If only our decisions could lead us back to night city with information about following story in DLC I would name this game best one I played.
And its possible. Despite suicidal ending that's more like easter egg all others can lead us there.

Space station when you coming back to city - you can call your close ones like judy or panam despite of you gameplay and call them for help so they'll back here to help you.

Space station when you moving yourself out of body, or came to blackwall in any ending- Alt got information that she could help you so she managed to get your body and transfer you back to your body.

Moving out with nomads with/out Judy - you got a call from alt that there's hope and come back.

Space attack - while before attack you also got call from alt and coming back.

I really hope there were good and bad endings following to the next episode about saving V - other way I regret playing this game for story.

Good morning, everyone. Nice to see the topic is still strong...

I've read multiple times that "Cyberpunk stories are noir, grim, usually end bad, etc, etc". We all understood that. The issue is that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a 'Cyberpunk story'. It is a game. An RPG that was marketed to have different endings, where your choices mattered and you had control over what you wanted for your character. They said it would revolutionise the gaming industry and blow our minds. Instead, we get a pretty much on-rails story.

Does it matter whether you start as Corpo, Nomad or SK? No. All that changes is the prologue and the special dialog line that skips an ability check.
Does it matter whether you do your gigs stealthily, non-lethal or guns blazing? No. All that changes is whether you get a pat on the back from your fixer or not.
Does it matter whether you get a love interest (or two, for that matter)? No. All that changes is the possibility of getting a call from them.
Does it matter whether you choose Arasaka, Rogue, Johnny or Panam? No. All that changes is the short epilogue that ends with you dying.

I'm not gonna lie. The story as it is is quite good. For a movie. Or a book. Or any non-interactive media. It doesn't belong in a videogame. On a videogame marketed as "open world", and "where your choices matter", have a slightly variation of the same ending hinging on a simple 4-way dialogue on a specific point of the story is just bad writing.
Heck, take Witcher 3... Your ending changed according to choices you made during the whole game...

You make an error:
"I make an engram of myself. I live eight hours and die. My engram is uploaded into a body. The copy wake up with no conscious memory of those eight hours."

You, you are dead.
You, you don't wake up.

Good morning, everyone. Nice to see the topic is still strong...

I've read multiple times that "Cyberpunk stories are noir, grim, usually end bad, etc, etc". We all understood that. The issue is that Cyberpunk 2077 isn't a 'Cyberpunk story'. It is a game. An RPG that was marketed to have different endings, where your choices mattered and you had control over what you wanted for your character. They said it would revolutionise the gaming industry and blow our minds. Instead, we get a pretty much on-rails story.

Does it matter whether you start as Corpo, Nomad or SK? No. All that changes is the prologue and the special dialog line that skips an ability check.
Does it matter whether you do your gigs stealthily, non-lethal or guns blazing? No. All that changes is whether you get a pat on the back from your fixer or not.
Does it matter whether you get a love interest (or two, for that matter)? No. All that changes is the possibility of getting a call from them.
Does it matter whether you choose Arasaka, Rogue, Johnny or Panam? No. All that changes is the short epilogue that ends with you dying.

I'm not gonna lie. The story as it is is quite good. For a movie. Or a book. Or any non-interactive media. It doesn't belong in a videogame. On a videogame marketed as "open world", and "where your choices matter", have a slightly variation of the same ending hinging on a simple 4-way dialogue on a specific point of the story is just bad writing.
Heck, take Witcher 3... Your ending changed according to choices you made during the whole game...
Exactly, though the fact that you had to do those side quests in witcher 3 with correct answers and other stuff just to get proper ending is good and bad. Good, because it's more involved with the outcome of the story but bad, because if always wanna get happy ending you will have to play same way all the time. In CP2077 u can do all side quests pretty much and at the end u choose the way u wanna go which lets you make your next playthroughs side missions more variable.

Then again, considering the endings, not a lot of people will wanna do second playthrough or continue the game.

I got a soluton for diffrent emding but it may only be when more mods wil come out Ok here it goes When jackie dies vi come back to dex and get stuned and then shoot so i was thinking what about an option that will makes the story diffrent for example VI will have to have high strenght like 12 ponits or so and buy the gorrilla hands from viktor before the heist mission like after dealing with malestorm thanks to those implants vi will be able to withstand the blow from Dex guard and then grab him and use it as a shield u know that perk when u can grab enemy and shot at the same time so Vi will grab the guard and push it on Dex then the scene ends and u take control of Vi and u needto quicly beat the guard and disarm Dexter and beat the shit out of him . Then instead of meeting the japanese guy Takemura u will get a call from victor if u send jakie body to him that asrasaka soldiers are coming and u have to go to vic and fight with them ifd u send the body to his mother shorttly after the funeral u get contact from Takemura who knows already that arasaka was killed by his son and the story continues normaly but instead of being forced to play dumb with silverhand u focus on taking the arasaka corp down for good

Let me know what ur thinkin guys:) sry for bad english

I'm not gonna lie. The story as it is is quite good. For a movie. Or a book. Or any non-interactive media.

Nah. The game is written like a PnP RPG campaign would be. That's perfectly fine for a game in general and perfectly fine for a game that claims to be an RPG.

I got a soluton for diffrent emding but it may only be when more mods wil come out Ok here it goes When jackie dies vi come back to dex and get stuned and then shoot so i was thinking what about an option that will makes the story diffrent for example VI will have to have high strenght like 12 ponits or so and buy the gorrilla hands from viktor before the heist mission like after dealing with malestorm thanks to those implants vi will be able to withstand the blow from Dex guard and then grab him and use it as a shield u know that perk when u can grab enemy and shot at the same time so Vi will grab the guard and push it on Dex then the scene ends and u take control of Vi and u needto quicly beat the guard and disarm Dexter and beat the shit out of him . Then instead of meeting the japanese guy Takemura u will get a call from ictor if u send jakie body to him that asrasaka soldiers are coming and u have to go to vic and fight with them ifd u send the body to his mother shorttly after the funeral u get a call from Takemura who know already arasaka whos killed by his son and the story continues normaly but instead of being forced to play dumb with silverhand u focus on taking the arasaka corp down for good

Let me know what ur thinkin guys:) sry for bad english
Could be plausible, but I think that is too much to change in the game, so probably won't happen.

Then again, considering the endings, not a lot of people will wanna do second playthrough or continue the game.

This is one of the biggest issues about this whole ordeal - By simply reducing V's life choices to "which ending you wanna see" dialogue, they essentially killed any replayability the game would have. You don't need to raise a character from the ground, fall in love with them, get under their skin and feel the very same they feel, just to see the other endings... Just reload your "Just one more gig" save-file (which the game already does for you, you don't even have to do it yourself), and pick a different choice when Johnny asks you.

There is absolutely no replayability on the game at the moment...

Nah. The game is written like a PnP RPG campaign would be. That's perfectly fine for a game in general and perfectly fine for a game that claims to be an RPG.

Yet, this is not a PnP game... It's a voice-acted, visually-rich game where you can relate to the character you embody. Unless you fell in love with the piece of paper you wrote your stats onto, you don't get the same feeling on a pnp rpg...

Top Bottom