[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I have to be honest. I am not looking forward to a MP and think it is not needed at all. CDPR were the new Bioware, sent by the heavens to revolutionze single player RPG's.

Stick to your forte CDPR and work on the singleplayer. Fix remaining bugs, extend the endings to at least the nomad one being happy (I mean after all it is artistically done. You go from Corpo rat who loves a fucked-up city to just wanting to get out and enjoy the little things, experiencing life in a family.)

Then bring on the SP DLC's.
It will be glorious. I know you can. I played The Witcher.
Experiencing life in a TRUE family, I would say the Nomads are the wrong to mention. They feel like one, but they´re not a real one. For me it was River and his family in this game what touched me most and I´m really pissed that there is no real happy end for us on that!!! The Nomad ending leaves you to think that it might be good, but then only the straight men got their happy end. The rest is still doomed with depression.
Post automatically merged:

Experiencing life in a TRUE family, I would say the Nomads are the wrong to mention. They feel like one, but they´re not a real one. For me it was River and his family in this game what touched me most and I´m really pissed that there is no real happy end for us on that!!! The Nomad ending leaves you to think that it might be good, but then only the straight men got their happy end. The rest is still doomed with depression.
I think if there should be just 1 happy ending after all, it must be working with all the romances and not just one.

Let's be honest, the game is incomplete for many reasons and the game needs a post story dlc:

- main quest is way too rushed

-the endings and the outcome are really a mess (not just because V dies or survives in "searching the cure"). I can accept dying but this is a rpg and I'd like have proper choices with my character (I really loved it when I killed the vodoo boys)

-CDPR said that they'll ad a ng+ or a post-game

-A pre-story dlc not integrated with the main quest would be wrong because the "time is running out" element would be put aside

-So why not expand the story post-endings? Every "positive" endings have the "six months lifespan" thing that is a clear placeholder for future dlcs.

-The Alt Cunningham arc is way too incomplete and it needs improvements.

- Crystyal palace? Nomad desert? others placeholder for dlcs

I'm really not happy with the game for these elements

let's wait further news from CDPR about this BIG PROBLEM 'cause this is a real mess

I think if there should be just 1 happy ending after all, it must be working with all the romances and not just one.
2 romances, but i think the same, river or other romances should leave with you

2 romances, but i think the same, river or other romances should leave with you
but that´s the point. he can´t leave because of his family, so we need an ending where we stay in NC. He can´t leave because he needs to take care for his family and he feels he would run from that responsibility when leaving. He has to make a sacrifice in that "leaving ending" and I think he makes it based on that you will be better being alone than his family, sad but understandable. Because he´s got that loved ones first mentality and he´s really believable in all his interactions. That´s why I´m so into him.

Last edited:
From story perspetive nomads ending might be most dumb.
They were afraid of stealing one old tank from Militech, now they are going storming 'saka main builing?
Even Johnny wasn't so stupid with nuke thing, maybe with Alt rescue mission, but this was 50 years ago, they could be first to do so. Now?

I didn't buy this and even if i think that whole ending maybe the least bad. I couldn't putting maybe the most wholesome people in this world in the harms way.

From story perspetive nomads ending might be most dump.
They were afraid of stealing one old tank from Militech, now they are going storming 'saka main builing?
Even Johnny wasn't so stupid with nuke think, maybe with Alt rescue mission, but this was 50 years ago, they could be first to do so. Now?

I didn't buy this and even if i think that whole ending maybe the least bad. I could just putting maybe the most wholesome people in this world in the harms way.
yeah, just look of how many of the nomads you took to death, deciding on them to help you. They should be able to help you with that 6 months thing is highly doubtable. Even Johnny quoted them as " no good amateurs"

I do agree that Arasaka ending could be the canon one. After securing your soul in Mikoshi, game could continue as your Biochip would be put in some kind of clone (make new character) in a sequel maybe or even modifying the surgery one, that with correct choices V won't die in 6 months. But that's just speculation. I do love V voice acting male and female, they do amazing job at expressing feelings, it would be shame to not get a sequel with them.

Like i said in a previous post, this all comes down to what you think a person is. Is there something mystical like a soul, or is everything that a person is only data stored in a brain. If it is the latter then a copy is still the same person.

Nope, it has nothing to do with "something mystical like a soul", it has to do about what is a "stored data".
A stored data is a physical state of matter , which means it cannot just be transferred, only copied then erasing the original.
So yes, the copy may be a person, but it is another person than the original, and I'm one to thinks that persons cannot be replaced just because someone looks and thinks like them.

Again with the soulkiller, it would have been one of the better endings if not 6 months. People could interpret the way they want if it's the real V or not at the end, but now it doesn't really matter, since V still probably dies in 6 months. :shrug:

So i was more or less correct in feeling that Johnny had way too much of big role in game
Let´s face it. Even if Keanu loves the roll, it´s still a role! And if it was a short one, than that´s it. They just sacrificed the game, just so that he could do more voicing! I doubt when there´s a movie script, that you can go like "oh i like the roll, can´t we extend that?". Because the storyline already written. He´re CDPR gave in and look what we got.

They shoulda just kept it without doubling it and maybe gave him a separate dlc, like far cry 3 blood dragon just for fun.
Of course if we would have had decent endings.
That is what movie directors would say too. "hey sorry the story is written, but we could do another movie about that character"

That is what movie directors would say too. "hey sorry the story is written, but we could do another movie about that character"
Could have been DLC, where V finds old BD and you play as Johnny in that BD for a couple of hours. Small nice dlc.

But naaah, let's just choke entire playerbase with Johnny appearances.
1608381072207.png

but that´s the point. he can´t leave because of his family, so we need an ending where we stay in NC. He can´t leave because he needs to take care for his family and he feels he would run from that responsibility when leaving. He has to make a sacrifice in that "leaving ending" and I think he makes it based on that you will be better being alone than his family, sad but understandable. Because he´s got that loved ones first mentality and he´s really believable in all his interactions. That´s why I´m so into him.
But on the other hand judy, that lost everything in this city and cant stay here, even for V that we can see in sun ending and panam, i cant say anything about thia character, she want to live, because she just..... Want......

But on the other hand judy, that lost everything in this city and cant stay here, even for V that we can see in sun ending and panam, i cant say anything about thia character, she want to live, because she just..... Want......
Thats why we need one ending to leave NC and one to stay there. so every romance works well.

Could have been DLC, where V finds old BD and you play as Johnny in that BD for a couple of hours. Small nice dlc.

But naaah, let's just choke entire playerbase with Johnny appearances.
View attachment 11097467
V will have have a depression after this bd

Thats why we need one ending to leave NC and one to stay there. so every romance works well.
In aun ending river stay in city and you are going to space station to find smth that can save you, wata problem?

V will have have a depression after this bd

In aun ending river stay in city and you are going to space station to find smth that can save you, wata problem?
if that turns out to be it would be good, but we don´t know yet. I hope to return to him, saying that all is good now and we could restart so to say, but we don´t know yet.

Top Bottom