[Spoiler Alert] About the endings

+

Do you want more RPGs with happy endings?

• Total voters
I feel like more jackie content would also underscore what I THINK they were going for.

Jackie is willing to DIE to escape the slums. Becoming a legend isn't about fame, it's about securing a new life for him, you, and Misty. This last big score is something he's giving you because he thinks its the key to some nebulous dream for you all. Having that emphasized would be pretty good I think and make him giving you the chip (despite the fact it won't help him in the slightest) more meaningful.

It's also doubly notable because its clear Misty is fine where she is.

Mind you, I wish we had more Evelyn content too.

A lot comes down to us wishing we'd got more, especially more establishing what they went for, eh?
Personally i've to praise a lot of the existing writing in terms of characterizations. But it feels wierdly thin at times.

There is a difference in biting the bullet seeking a better life and going belly up to safe a friend ans atone for your sins.

Jackie knows he's dying in the car. He still wants V to profit from this. I think that he's resigned to this is an interesting thing because, "if he's going to die, he at least wants you to have the score."

I disagree. I didn't play this game with V just to have her being replaced at the end by Johnny. It defeats the entire purpose even still.
The only acceptabe end result that should ultimately be added is a followup to save V, if the plot insists on V to die in 6 months. -or- remove the 6 months crap.

It seems you misunderstand me?

Back then, Johnny had a far lesser role. So I guess there weren't the current crappy endings but more refined ones. And if one of the endings is having Johnny as a permanent non-lethal "imaginary" friend... Well... I don't think that's all that bad?

We were discussing the "odd couple ending". We shut down the biochip using arasaka tech and freeze our current state.
No cancer but with Johnny in our head.
I cant directly find a reference for "odd couple" so I'm a bit lost here. But do I understand correctly that you mean that V would still die and you live as Johnny solely, or that you live as both like you have been? just shut down the slowly killing part?
I suppose I could accept such ending.
And at the same time I will probably still have issues if it wasn't also carried over for the other 'happy endings'
Post automatically merged:

It seems you misunderstand me?

Back then, Johnny had a far lesser role. So I guess there weren't the current crappy endings but more refined ones. And if one of the endings is having Johnny as a permanent non-lethal "imaginary" friend... Well... I don't think that's all that bad?
It seems I did. And as I posted just now. if this would carry over in the other endings I'm game.V should not have to live out her remaining days while restarting her life with the Nomads, but just live on. (as example)

I cant directly find a reference for "odd couple" so I'm a bit lost here. But do I understand correctly that you mean that V would still die and you live as Johnny solely, or that you live as both like you have been? just shut down the slowly killing part?
I suppose I could accept such ending.
And at the same time I will probably still have issues if it wasn't also carried over for the other 'happy endings'

Nonono.
The chip would stop overwriting V and they would have to arrange. Maybe popping a pill from time to time but not getting ink or an Std in the process.
V and Johnny would effectively be the opposite to certo/esquerto.

This is the odd couple...

Thought so. My brain is still funktioning.

This little known fact completely renders the Keano unskilled the game theory irrelevant, because the 2018 gameplay trailer simply contained a false information.

I mean it would be an opportunity to finally bring some player agency into the mix or to simply find an ending, where the relic will simply stop killing V - the downside would be to be stuck with Johnny.
I would really love if we would get game without plot cancer and Johnny. He wasn’t originally planned.
he even wasnt it in the Pacifica 2019 demo and now when I’m watching this the pacing and whole story is at least as good if not even better without his out of character tone.

Nonono.
The chip would stop overwriting V and they would have to arrange. Maybe popping a pill from time to time but not getting ink or an Std in the process.

But why wait until they hate each other that much because of sharing a body, that they jump of a building, when we already are able to...
Nah just joking. Still like the idea :)

A thing that I strongly disagree with.
What the CDPR did was Johnny. It really changes radically depending on the actions and influence of the player.
And at the end of my game, Johnny wanted to save V more than anything, even more than to get revenge on Arasaka. And without hesitation, he sacrificed his second chance for V.
His farewell "fight to the end" is more hopeful than the promises of Panam.
This is the only thing I liked about the final.

And he is suddenly trustworthy because...?
You lend him your body, and what is the first thing he does to your skin and liver?

"...he sacrificed his second chance for V." Think about that for a moment. It was never "his" second chance to begin with. It was not his body or his life. At best it could be phrased as "He would rather not come back to life if he had to kill V." Not exactly a glowing endorsement of his undying friendship, is it? It just means that his engram is more humane than the psycho who detonated a nuke in the middle of a city.

But this is my gripe in a nut shell. You are expected, if not forced, to like Johnny, and the writing in almost no way adapts to the possibility of the player/V hating him. And no matter what ending you go with, Johnny always gets a better deal than V does. Even if you choose to blow your brains out, you are the one with grieving friends and loved ones, and not that parasite. His friends have already overcome his passing.

Last edited:
They won’t make more Johnny since it was already a thing, not every one bought this and this would cost money, not to mention that plot with him wasn’t that great and CDPR could make a better story on their own.

VO for V is just blowing out of water Keanu sorry had to said this. I still love him a an actor great but not in this type of role.
I wouldn’t see Rayan Gosling as Johnny either.

We would indeed be the odd couple.

Corpo-V bargaining with a corpo agant about payment, while Johnny makes note how he would like to fuck them over.

But jokes aside. This game really needs to pull off nothing short of a "no mans sky"

No Man's Sky ... well, that is the dream I guess?

The Nightmare would be "Anthem 2.0" ... but who knows, maybe that mirage will blow us all away when re-released...

With CD Red ... not sure what to hope for actually. I guess the first official messages from them this year will show us the road ahead ... and if there is a future, or a cliff...

You lend him your body, and what is the first thing he does to your skin and liver?

"...he sacrificed his second chance for V." Think about that for a moment. It was never "his" second chance to begin with. It was not his body or his life. At best it could be phrased as "He would rather not come back to life if he had to kill V." Not exactly a glowing endorsement of his undying friendship, is it? It just means that his engram is more humane than the psycho who detonated a nuke in the middle of a city.

But this is my gripe in a nut shell. You are expected, if not forced, to like Johnny, and the writing in no way adapts to the possibility of the player/V hating him. And not matter what ending you go with, Johnny always gets a better deal than V does. Even if you choose to blow your brains out, you are the one with grieving friends and loved ones, that that parasite. His friends have already overcome his passing.
A second chande he did not even want. Johnny did not choose to be on that biochip.

You think CDPR can pull No Man's Sky? Donno, don't think so. If you asked me before Cp77 was launched i would prolly say: They won't need to. But right now all i think is this [fitting song i belive]:

Last edited:
You think CDPR can pull No Man's Sky? Donno, don't think so. If you asked be before Cp77 was launched i would prolly say: They won't need to. But right now all i think is this [fitting song i belive]:

According to the source, we already had lots of those features in a functional state until someone fucked it up.

If the AI, police AI, enemies and random encounters are basically there but need to unfucked, it is possible.

According to the source, we already had lots of those features in a functional state until someone fucked it up.

If the AI, police AI, enemies and random encounters are basically there but need to unfucked, it is possible.

Doesn't make the song less on point tough. Also you still belive what "sources" says. Last time i checked devs promised to reinvent wheel with this game through NCW few times? Did they delivered? Did they even reached Witcher 3 level? Damn, did they even make an RPG? Not really. So why would i belive anything they will say.

“Talk is cheap. Show me the code.” ― Linus Torvalds

They won’t make more Johnny since it was already a thing, not every one bought this and this would cost money, not to mention that plot with him wasn’t that great and CDPR could make a better story on their own.

VO for V is just blowing out of water Keanu sorry had to said this. I still love him a an actor great but not in this type of role.
I wouldn’t see Rayan Gosling as Johnny either.

The german voice over for Johnny is great and i think that's because it is did by a long term professional voice actor, who did many different VO for others too. They did a really great job with the german version in general, that doesn't happen that often.

The german voice over for Johnny is great and i think that's because it is did by a long term professional voice actor, who did many different VO for others too. They did a really great job with the german version in general, that doesn't happen that often.
His German voice is Benjamin Völz. He always give Keanu his voice.

The german VO is excellent Btw but I prefer to play with the original VO.

His German voice is Benjamin Völz. He always give Keanu his voice.

The german VO is excellent Btw but I prefer to play with the original VO.

I have to say though ... his german dub voice has always fitted Keanu better than his real voice :) One of the few instances I would rather watch german with him than original, same with Arnold ...

German dubbing is usually quite good ... though not necessarily in games imho, too often sounds unengaged and lacking emotion, as if each lines were recorded without anyone knowing what was going on in the scenes emotionally and between characters...

Nonono.

I translate that into the game as "that you live as both like you have been? just shut down the slowly killing part?"
like I mentioned earlier.
But I can see that as a possibility. I would at least make the endings where V lives a whole lot better to swallow.
I still prefer him gone, Johnny that is... but maybe a pill would help with that.

But this is my gripe in a nut shell. You are expected, if not forced, to like Johnny, and the writing in almost no way adapts to the possibility of the player/V hating him. And not matter what ending you go with, Johnny always gets a better deal than V does. Even if you choose to blow your brains out, you are the one with grieving friends and loved ones, and not that parasite. His friends have already overcome his passing.
Which is why I would prefer it the most, still, the we either A) can find a cure for V to not die in 6 months or B) have no 6 month deathrow present period.

I have to say though ... his german dub voice has always fitted Keanu better than his real voice :) One of the few instances I would rather watch german with him than original, same with Arnold ...

German dubbing is usually quite good ... though not necessarily in games imho, too often sounds unengaged and lacking emotion, as if each lines were recorded without anyone knowing what was going on in the scenes emotionally and between characters...
Fuck. Remember the dubbing of Warcraft 2. It was basically done by one person. Sounded horrible.

Jagged alliance 2 had excellent dubbing for all the mercs and by the time we reached mass effect, high quality dubbing was established.

I personally like assassin's creed odysseys German version a lot more, because they did not incorporate this bloddy cliche accent.

It's Greek people talking to other Greeks. Why the accent...
In Germany, the version is clean, fine and dandy. Plus points for not pissong on our large Greek community.

Original is Polish, except for Keanu of course.
Pardon me.

Let me rephrase. "I prefer to play the English versions."

Top Bottom