[SPOILER] Cursed Wight

+
Cursed Wight
Hey guys,

[SPOILER ALERT]

Sorry if similar topic exists - I tried scrolling around but didn't see anything similar, so thought to simply make a post as I really want to get back to playing the game.

So, to make a potion Regis asks us to obtain a spotted Wight's saliva. As we come across the creature, it becomes clear that it is a victim of a curse. Now, I always try to lift them, so I went with that choice.

But here's what I want to ask:

As I walked around the house and collected / read various documents, the origin of the curse pointed to a beggar (same story was later confirmed) who was turned away. While curses are curses, this one seemed to be quite powerful and I couldn't help but wonder - how a simple beggar could've cast a spell like this? The story that Marlene tells omits one detail that I found in the documents - that the beggar sold mirrors.

I couldn't help but immediately think whether it was all played by our old "friend" - Gaunter O'dimm (aka Master Mirror)? Was that him in is malicious humour preying upon Marlene?

I dismissed the thought, up until the point where Geralt takes her to his estate. As you tell the story to B.B. about the curse... there's a familiar music playing towards the end - the tune that we listened to when we went to the shadow realm to battle Gaunter. Gave me the chills...

Is that music choice a coincidence or is it implying that that theory might be true? It'd be great if someone could confirm whether it's an Easter Egg.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

[SPOILER ALERT]

Sorry if similar topic exists - I tried scrolling around but didn't see anything similar, so thought to simply make a post as I really want to get back to playing the game.

So, to make a potion Regis asks us to obtain a spotted Wight's saliva. As we come across the creature, it becomes clear that it is a victim of a curse. Now, I always try to lift them, so I went with that choice.

But here's what I want to ask:

As I walked around the house and collected / read various documents, the origin of the curse pointed to a beggar (same story was later confirmed) who was turned away. While curses are curses, this one seemed to be quite powerful and I couldn't help but wonder - how a simple beggar could've cast a spell like this? The story that Marlene tells omits one detail that I found in the documents - that the beggar sold mirrors.

I couldn't help but immediately think whether it was all played by our old "friend" - Gaunter O'dimm (aka Master Mirror)? Was that him in is malicious humour preying upon Marlene?

I dismissed the thought, up until the point where Geralt takes her to his estate. As you tell the story to B.B. about the curse... there's a familiar music playing towards the end - the tune that we listened to when we went to the shadow realm to battle Gaunter. Gave me the chills...

Is that music choice a coincidence or is it implying that that theory might be true? It'd be great if someone could confirm whether it's an Easter Egg.

yeah it's a HoS and Gaunter reference. He is still the best antagonist IMO.

No coincidence playing his theme when talking of who cast the curse. He "sells mirrors" and is rather fond of spoons (he carries one in almost every cutscene in HoS).

My hair stood up when conversing about the curse in the dimly light room his theme started playing. It's good they don't write him off after HoS, looking forward to meeting him in TW4.

No coincidence playing his theme when talking of who cast the curse. He "sells mirrors" and is rather fond of spoons (he carries one in almost every cutscene in HoS).

Oh yes, that's one detail I absolutely missed! Oh my, love the writing by CDPR on this one, my favourite B&W quest up until now (taking main story slowly while doing everything else around). Quests like these are the reason I love this game so much.

Top Bottom