• Yes

Votes: 180 80.0%
  • I don't care/They're a player vessel

Votes: 15 6.7%
  • No

Votes: 30 13.3%

• Total voters
I still don't like that V is still not a blank slate

On one hand - yes, I agree with that, the game provide very little opportunity for roleplaying, V is actually premade character and he's not able to influence the story much.

On the other hand, his personality makes me love him, care about him, consider him as a person. I've never had this feeling for fully craftable characters like protagonists of Skyrim, Dragon Age, Divinity Original Sin etc. They are nothing but a pixels, especially if the are silent. I think Divinity OS2 is game with a best roleplaying elements ever, but can't care less about protagonist, sometimes I even forgot that he was there at all.

Wait - serious? I thought he did good - but if it's his first gig - then he deserves a pile more points for his performance.

Definitely the first one on such a scale. Looking over his IMDB profile, he did a few movies/series, mostly in minor roles. But that's about it, really. I think he's mostly known for his theatric work and his Youtube skits.

Hell, you could say he pretty much did V ever since 2015. :LOL:

Definitely the first one on such a scale. Looking over his IMDB profile, he did a few movies/series, mostly in minor roles. But that's about it, really. I think he's mostly known for his theatric work and his Youtube skits.

Hell, you could say he pretty much did V ever since 2015. :LOL:
(snipped)

Haha! Literally from 1:18 onwards - Literally V.

It was destiny.

On one hand - yes, I agree with that, the game provide very little opportunity for roleplaying, V is actually premade character and he's not able to influence the story much.

On the other hand, his personality makes me love him, care about him, consider him as a person. I've never had this feeling for fully craftable characters like protagonists of Skyrim, Dragon Age, Divinity Original Sin etc. They are nothing but a pixels, especially if the are silent. I think Divinity OS2 is game with a best roleplaying elements ever, but can't care less about protagonist, sometimes I even forgot that he was there at all.

Fair enough - I wonder how much peoples formative experiences with RPGs influences their opinions (kind of like how people are like "My Nona makes the best lasagna." but everyone else is like "Meh. It's all right")

It's been a hot topic for a long time though. To voice, or not to voice.

Yes absolutely

But CDPR need to do better in alot of areas regarding the PC in regards to dialogue, tone, dialogue options etc etc, if i pick a option that reads something like "No i have no experience" i do not expect whats spoken to be "hey i've got experience but whats involved" i just expect a straight up no, the game is littered with these examples of the player picking a dialogue option and whats writing isnt said or worse you pick a option and V's a cheeky bstrd or snarls it out shouts or just a plain dick saying whatever you picked.

If CDPR want V to say these things in the manner they say them when they say them then no dialogue options should be available to the player outside exploring background or objectives.

If CDPR wants to continue giving the player options said options need to represent the spoken dialogue better and how V says it in terms of emotion needs left to the player

What we have worked for Geralt, it doesn't work for V, V can easily be all over the place and the player can easily be left cringing at the option they picked simply because of how its said or whats said is nothing like what the option represented.

That aside i loved most of my V's and worked with whats available but CDPR truly have alot to learn about dialogue and emotional PC, they got away with it with Geralt because of who he is but with V it all smacks you in the face

Also am I the only one here who actually loved Gavin Drea's Male V performance (especially the streetkid), lol?
no, you're not the only one, just wanted you know that:>
I liked his voice for my blonde streetkid V, but I found it less convincing when I want to play a black guy V:/

Last edited:
I love V. Played as male Streetkid and it was brathtaking XD The voice acting is great, I also love how he is snarky, intelligent and vulnerable at the same time.
I absolutely hate blank slate protagonists because they are terminally boring, but I also don't want to be railroaded into playing a character where I have absolutely no input in how he behaves (most JRPGs), so this was best of both worlds for me.
Like Shepard or snarkyHawke.
And this is why I demand justice for V and want to continue playing after the endings.

Wish there was a 'sometimes yes and sometimes no' option

There are many times when I completely disagree with my V's attitude towards an NPC...ie with Jackie during the end of the Heist...no way I would have ever given my choom Jackie so much heat over the situation

really wanted more options in most dialogues

Moxy3

Forum regular
Mhh hard to say.. Throughout all of the game, with all its stories, i cant say that i like OR dislike V.

Why?
Simply because we got almost nothing of V and her own Story. Its a Story revolving around others and not around V, which makes it even harder to decide.
If we had the 6 months montage of V and Jackie, then i could agree and say i like V and her Story, but now i just cant.

She barely has any story.

It would be the same question in as if "Do you like Jackie?"

Mhh.. Yes.. but also No? Because i barely know Jackie. He died 3 Missions later, how should i like him. Why should i even care.

I love V. Played as male Streetkid and it was brathtaking XD The voice acting is great, I also love how he is snarky, intelligent and vulnerable at the same time.
I absolutely hate blank slate protagonists because they are terminally boring, but I also don't want to be railroaded into playing a character where I have absolutely no input in how he behaves (most JRPGs), so this was best of both worlds for me.
Like Shepard or snarkyHawke.
And this is why I demand justice for V and want to continue playing after the endings.
Shepard and Hawke were both great to play because the options reperesented to the player both represented what was said and how it was said pretty darn well, V doesn't have this luxury but is still a good character tbh

Everything that comes out of V's mouth is like a little kid trying to be hard, it's cringey at best and bad writing at worst.

All my opinion of course.

Maybe if we had got to play the montage with Jackie I would of felt more of a connection with V but alas we didn't and I don't.

I though cyberpunk was a future retro dystopian vibe, not tampon guns and sex sounds but no nudity and swearing for no reason other than edgy.

LOL Must be speaking from experience Mr. Godblock satanic pentagram as my avatar :LOL:
JK, but anyway I actually would rather play as Johnny Silverhand or Morgan Blackhand. V is is cool to me, but Johnny has the badass reload animation and Morgan Blackhand sounds like 5x times the badass Johnny is.

Also to one of your points, hell yeah that montage with Jackie actually being playable gameplay would surely be a major plus for both Jackie and V's character, as the montage showed partying, drinking, backalley deals, and all sorts of stuff that may have been other gigs and gang related stuff.

I found V to be a compelling and interesting character. For a crime drama protagonist (which is kind of the archetype he falls into for the purposes of the story of Cyberpunk 2077) he is relatively likeable and fun.

In real life, no. Dude is a stone cold sociopath that I would stay well clear of.

Top Bottom