(SPOILERS) Which Choices Are You Planning To Use For Your First Witcher 3 Playthrough?

+
GibbGeralt said:
I've played Geralt a few times, and my favourite playthrough, in terms of his thought processes and ideology, was the one where he sides with Iorveth out of a want to find Triss asap, but ends up saving Saskia after witnessing an ideal that he never thought possible (Races united under Vergen). Didn't even plan the playthrough out like that, that's just how i saw his character develop, and it was awesome.

One of the few characters i've controlled in an RPG where i was surprised by how i molded him.

Well said. I saw it this way too! Can't wait for TW3 and how it will unfold!

I am starting a new game it will be my canon but I can't decide:
Option A:pro Saskia Ioreveth path
Option B:pro Neutral Ioreveth path

Either way,I am starting a new game and it will be more humane,no anti-nilfguard with Cynthia and Letho spared.Cynthia is a clever young girl and Letho is Geralt's friend.

GibbGeralt said:
I've played Geralt a few times, and my favourite playthrough, in terms of his thought processes and ideology, was the one where he sides with Iorveth out of a want to find Triss asap, but ends up saving Saskia after witnessing an ideal that he never thought possible (Races united under Vergen). Didn't even plan the playthrough out like that, that's just how i saw his character develop, and it was awesome.

That was totally my 1st playtrough back in 2011

In act 1 I didn't care for Politics at all I just cared in finding Triss.

But as soon as it saw Vergen,the dwarves and Saskia I went a pro Saksia/Vergen path :D.

I do not care so much about Triss. In TW3 Yennefer probably will be there so...
I liked Saskia and saved her. Probably going to use that save since it was my first playthrough and the one that felt most like my own story. :)

on my 2nd play in TW3 I would like to see more political situations and so I would choose the Roche with different alternative.

I have two runs I will import in TW3, my cannon Roche Path vs my non-cannon Iorveth path.

Choices I pick on both runs:

The Witcher:

- Side with the Order: Yaevinn is an extremist of the highest degree who wants to exterminate all humans. Siegfried is a man of honor who has true morals, so Geralt doesn't side with the Order as much as he sides with Siegfried.

- Spare Adda: To save a life is better then to end it if possible, and Geralt can save Adda.

- Fight the King of the Wild Hunt: Jacques is an insane madman but yet Geralt feels the guilt of failing Alvin as a father, he will not allow his soul to be taken by the Hunt.

The Witcher 2:

- Spare Aryan: There's no more need for bloodshed and my Geralt doesn't like killing unless he deems it necessary, killing Aryan is not necessary.

- Capture Iorveth: Geralt did not forget that it was Iorveth who helped Letho murder Foltest, but more importantly he did not forget that Iorveth is a terrorist.

Roche Path

- Spare Henselt: He is one of the last great military and political leaders of the North, without him the North would not have survived during the last war and being branded a kingslayer after spending an entire game up until that point trying to clear his name is just stupid for my Geralt.

- Expose both Maravel and Kimbolt: They are both thorns in Temeria side but of a different kind.

- Help Roche: The fate of an entire kingdom is more important to me then some bloody sorceress that I couldn't give a fucking shit about and dislike because of how the developers shoved her down my throat. That's my reasoning. As for my Geralt's: Triss is a full grown woman, Anais is a mere child and Roche is his friend and he still feels sad about the deaths of the Blue Stripes.

- Give Anais to Radovid: Natalis is not a capable politician, it is unlikely he will be able to keep the country together and the North would stand a better chance with a strong political leader in charge of Temeria, that leader is Radovid.

- Let Sile die: She has caused enough harm on the North through her foolishness and without a Conclave to be able to hunt her down she will likely cause much more harm, besides it's better to give her a quick death rather then a slow and painful one if she does get captured.

- Spare the Dragon: Despite Phillipa's control of the Dragon it's still one of the last few remaining in the world, worth saving just for that.

- Spare Letho: By the end Geralt had understood Letho's reasoning and couldn't find a fault in it, in fact he agreed with it to an extent and he didn't feel he owed anyone Letho's death. Not to Roche for whom he had abandoned Triss to aid, and certainly not for some petty notion of vengeance considering how Letho had fought so hard to protect Yennefer.

Iorveth Path

I don't take any choice here seriously from an RP perspective and some of them are done purely for curiosity's sake to see how they will turn out. Regardless I justify joining Iorveth on the basis that he would be a greater ally in tracking down Letho then Roche since he knows Letho. No idealistic bullshit behind the choice.

- Save the Elven Women: I'm curios as to what will happen should he live.

- Spare Stennis: Letting him die would only cause further hardship to the people of Aedirn and justice never comes at the hands of a lynch mob, besides I don't believe he is guilty.

- Help Cynthia and let her walk away with Adelbert then have sex with her: Vengeance is pointless to me and I couldn't give a rat's ass about Triss anyway ( and no I don't give a damn how much Geralt cares for her ) and Cynthia is an interesting character to me.

- Save Triss: Metagaming here, but she has information Geralt wants about Letho. Besides remaking the Conclave is better then removing Saskia's spell.

- Let Sile live: For the sake of curiosity.

- Kill Saskia: Her foolish naivety will get everyone killed. The last thing the North needs right now is a leader in the Pontar Valley who would only piss off every ruler in the north. The north needs unity not division so she needs to go. Her kingdom may survive without her if it's strong and it will die if it's weak, in which case it wasn't worth fighting for to begin with.

- Let Iorveth be taken prisoner: The Butcher has finally gotten what he rightfully deserved. His hopes and dreams shattered, everything he has ever worked for thrown into the ditch and he deserves all of it.

- Spare Letho.

Aryan lives
Help Roche
Side with Roche
Henselt lives
Sile lives
Save Triss
Saskia lives
Letho lives

SPARE ARYAN
HELP ROCHE
CHOOSE IORVETH
->SAVE MOTTLE
LYNCH STENNIS
SAVE TRISS (Iorveth)
SAVE SILE
SPARE SASKIA (Iorveth-Save Triss)
SPARE LETHO

Spare aryan
spare malena
give sword to iorveth
choose iorveth
save mottle and the other elven woman
spare stennis
save triss
save/spare sile
spare dragon saskia
help burned iorveth - get dagger.
Kill letho

Costin, that Iorveth playthrough made me chuckle. But it's completely justified morally, Iorveth wallows in blood and terror and then decides to become a 'freedom fighter' because he wants to get it on with Saskia. I appreciate your point out TW1 decisions as well - I agree that siding with the Order is actually siding with Siegfried, and in doing so shaping the Order into a more honorable, rational faction - siding against them does not destroy them, it just makes them directionless and more savage. I'd also really like to see Adda in TW3 if possible. It would be a neat way of showing some decisions from the first 2 games - if you saved Adda but didn't go after Dethmold, Anais is gone. If you did, she has become a (relatively) caring protector to Anais.

The first playthrough is always the way to go. It's the only time the game feels truly magical. All the choices you make are made in the blind. You don't know what the consequences are from any given decision and you went after your gut instinct rather than any kind of template of best possible outcomes.

My first playthrough went something like this:

Spared Aryan
Gave the sword to Iorveth
Chose Iorveth
Stenis was spared
Sile lives.
Saved Saskia.
Letho lives

...and that's the save I'm going with in TW3. It's my canon story :)

Spare Aryan (I didn't want Geralt to just be some guy who kills every chance he gets)
Not give sword (Iorveth tried to kill me, I owe roche for getting me out of prison)
Choose Roche (A high ranking military officer is a good ally to have...even if he is a racist asshole)
Kill Loredo (He got what he deserved)
Kill Henselt (he rambled on about raping Ves, again he deserved what he got, I know I talked about mercy wit Aryan but he was fighting for a good reason)
Save triss (she's my GIIRRL BRO!)
Spare Sile (Radovid caught her anyway)
Spare Letho (he spared me, protected Yen, and kept triss safe I can't kill him)

Soooo, yeah those are my choices. Hopefully I can transfer them to TW3 even though it's on next gen consoles.

The Witcher:
- neutral (help Siegfried in sewers, give a letter to Vivaldi, kill knights of the Order in swamps, kill both bruxa and ghouls (before conversation with Leavordeen), help Scoia'tael in the bank, choose neutrality option in Murky Waters)
- choose Triss
- save Adda and Vincent
- fight the King of the Wild Hunt

The Witcher 2:
- Aryan lives
- help Roche
- choose Roche
- Henselt lives
- accuse both Kimbolt and Maravel
- save Triss
- spare Sile
- spare dragon(ess)
- spare Letho

-OR-

- Aryan lives
- help Iorveth
- choose Iorveth
- save Mottle
- Stennis lives
- kill Adalbert (Cynthia lives)
- save Triss
- spare Sile
- spare Saskia
- save Iorveth
- spare Letho

The Witcher:
- kill Savolla
- kill Scoia'tael
- save Abigail
- talk with Wild Hunt
- help Siegfried in sewers
- give a latter to Vincent
- help the Order in swamps
- convict "Raymond"
- cure Vincent
- save people at crypt
- help the Order in the bank
- choose Triss
- choose neutral
- save Adda
- "kill" the King of the Wild Hunt
- final equipment: Raven's armor, Mahakam rune sihill and Aerondight

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings:
- spare Aryan
- help Roche against Iorveth and Loredo
- spare Henselt
- convict both count Maravel and baron Kimbolt
- save Triss Merigold
- save Sheala de Tancerville
- spare Saskia the Virgin of Aedirn
- spare Letho of Gullet
- final equipment: Vran's armor (with Elder Blood set), Caerme, Addan Deith, Medal of Distinguished Service to Temeria

Iorveth/Triss/Saskia

I chose to help Iorveth, save Triss and disenchant Saskia (dunno at all why some people chose to kill her).

x The character I would definitely like to see the most in W3 is Iorveth x .

Not a simple bastard at all, but a deep and intriguing character.
Not a criminal either, but more of a tragic hero. A bit sassy as well.
Hopefully W3 team doesn't decide to leave him out or kill him.

That would be a HUGE disappointment. :mad:

Seems to me many people love to have mages around and restoring the Council and Conclave for strong magic in the north.

Iorveth/Triss
Roche/Triss

I'll go with my canon:
-side with Iorweth
-let Stennis die
-kill Cynthia
-go with Phillipa(save Saskia)
-let Sile die
-spare Letho

xAenye said:
Iorveth/Triss/Saskia

I chose to help Iorveth, save Triss and disenchant Saskia (dunno at all why some people chose to kill her).
How can you possibly save Triss and disenchant Saskia?

And I agree on the topic of Iorveth :)

Top Bottom