Stealth gameplay is impossible

+
Stealth in the sense of how it is in most games, even Deus Ex is yes but there are other ways around it. I like to use cameras to place quickhacks around.

You would be amazed how effective a well place Legendary Contagion or two is at clearing a level, especially if you boost its range.....

Once thats done i sneak in and finish the rest off with mantis blades from stealth since its much easier to not be seen then.

Can you actually do
Heist quest
in stealth?

I got about 3/4's through with it just fine but i messed up and got detected in the room just before the droid jumps in. I just went ahead and finished it like that...no biggie. Im sure something wouldve kept us from finishing the entire thing under stealth anyway.

Guest 4406876

Some sequences are intended to send you in combat mode even if you did everything perfectly in stealth, you just get spotted because you have to (like when escaping with Jackie from the penthouse. You can go stealth for 10 minutes, then when Spec Ops appear it's over. You go automatically as spotted even if they didn't see you, but that's an acceptable compromise to an otherwise boring game)

Turns out its impossible.
So it's funny cause at frst I want be a buff gunman but instead became a Cyber-Ninja. Now mostly I use stealth and hacks to finnish levels. And in combat a samurai sword. But for that you need a good build and right now for me is just great (low 14-level character). Invest in some skills and some implants, upgrades etc.

The problem is that enemies spot you from a mile away and with no cover mechanic, that makes it worse.
Plus, there's no mechanic to show your visibility to enemies like in every other stealth game.
There is upgrade for your eye implant that instantly map the enemy and show visibility to the enemies. Also the're skills that some kind slow time (when it close to be detected) and it's rly easy to sneak without notice and take some cover.

Add to this a glaring issue with your hacking scanner, the fact that you can't zoom in/out, or freely move the camera around to find hackable items.

So, in order to find hackable items, you need to get in prettt close. And then your spotted.
You can zoom in out and easy find what are you looking. You need some skills on your character and also abillities with your controller (in my case a mouse). Also yes lot of times you must go from cover to hack optics of enemy and then sneak out. But when you do this properly is seems rly easy.

CP77 it's a game for adults that at the beginning aclimates you with basic stuff. But in the end it won't lead you by the hand like a child. Maybe try understand mechanics, cause it seems like a NightCity is too much for you, to be a real Samurai ;)

I'm gonna have to disagree that stealth is impossible, it almost feels like this is a stealth game first and a fps/rpg second ,i never usually play stealth as I prefer the rather simplistic brute force approach, but I've had tremendous fun using stealth and hacking

I managed to wipe out all of the enemies in Riders of The Storm quest using stealth and I'm not even stealth built so... it's not impossible...

honestly i think stealth is ok gets the job done, my only complaint which i didnt see a single person mention is WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE NO WEAPON TAKEDOWN ANIMATIONS!!! theres literally only 3 base types of melee wepons fists, blunt, blades (not include manits blades etc) and they were too lazy to program in a couple of animations for each weapon type, thats shit is dissapointing, the even knife/dagger perk all over the stealth tree that give you buffs after/when prefoming a takedons on and enemy THAT YOU CAN EVEN USE YOUR WEAPON FOR!!! if anything to do with stealth/melee combat needs too be addressed its that!! at the very least i was expecting 'Far Cry Blood Dragon'd style stealth kills instead we just get to swing our weapon for some extra sneak damage, shit breaks my heart yo. :(

honestly i think stealth is ok gets the job done, my only complaint which i didnt see a single person mention is WHY THE FUCK ARE THERE NO WEAPON TAKEDOWN ANIMATIONS!!! theres literally only 3 base types of melee wepons fists, blunt, blades (not include manits blades etc) and they were too lazy to program in a couple of animations for each weapon type, thats shit is dissapointing, the even knife/dagger perk all over the stealth tree that give you buffs after/when prefoming a takedons on and enemy THAT YOU CAN EVEN USE YOUR WEAPON FOR!!! if anything to do with stealth/melee combat needs too be addressed its that!! at the very least i was expecting 'Far Cry Blood Dragon'd style stealth kills instead we just get to swing our weapon for some extra sneak damage, shit breaks my heart yo. :(
In Blades the're combos when you unlock skills in meele combat tree. Add's some animation for quick and hard attacks. But i will agree it needs some polishing. All neck action is boring, maybe they need ad some knife kill (throws will be great :0)

While I disagree that stealth is too hard, I felt kind of forced to use stealth instead of engaging the enemies which made side missions take an insane amount of time. After about 8 hours of gameplay I definitely move faster through missions using stealth, but it takes so long for me to figure out the layout so that I can pick off enemies in a sequence that won't leave me spotted. I'm sure that more hacks would make this easier, but that is tough if there are other skills/perks/attributes you are interested in. I find it hard to just "attack" and "hold my ground" approach due to various mechanics of how this unfolds. The netrunners sometimes appear to teleport around the area. The melee enemies are relentless. The enemies with assault rifles appear to be able to hit me through walls when I am in a crouched position. Often, this leads to me running outside of the "combat area" to find more cover/get away of the line of sight of netrunners and then I face the most insane enemy in this game: The police!. As a black man in 2020, PTSD is triggered! (<- This is a joke. I am black though). Before people tell me to just get better at the game, like they did the OP, I did get better, but I don't find the mechanics to "make sense" as I am using learned glitches and patterns to pass missions rather than what I perceive after I mow down an area as the "way I was supposed to do it" - as it becomes more clear to me how the area was "set up." It wasn't long after I got some nice perks that this game became insanely easy. Give me a couple more bars of health or let me do 10% more damage and I really don't need stealth all that much. This game is massive and I think the OP is more sharing how difficult it is for them to "grasp" an element of the game given the game is very far from polished. Am I at 10 post yet?

i feel like stealth is possible but yeah there is a lot of fun possibilities for stealth that aren't yet in the game

After playing for a while with stealth options I'd say playing a stealth char is very not hard to do, mostly because enemies will never go fully combat on you as long as they never see you and silenced pistols are super strong.

However that being said I'm trying a new build with stealth and hacking people instead, and I find contagion which is an incredibly helpful one for damaging groups of enemies will constantly just set me into full combat whenever it hits a 3rd target. That I'd define as a bug since it isn't -always- an occurrence and it's extremely annoying.

I always play RPG's using a stealth character and was extremely excited to do so in Cyberpunk.

Add the hacking elements and it was a dream come true.

The problem is that enemies spot you from a mile away and with no cover mechanic, that makes it worse.

Plus, there's no mechanic to show your visibility to enemies like in every other stealth game.

Add to this a glaring issue with your hacking scanner, the fact that you can't zoom in/out, or freely move the camera around to find hackable items.

So, in order to find hackable items, you need to get in prettt close. And then your spotted.

Its very apparent that CDPR spent most of their time making a beautiful game world and skipped on a lot of BASIC game mechanics.

Its extremely disappointing.

I would say Stealth Gameplay is mainly inconsistent. It's not impossible. It is frustrating at times but doable assuming no bugs occur when moving. I have had objects fall over or seemingly-randomly spawn in when I am not near them but close enough to cause the geometry to shift so an NPC can see me standing just elevated enough on the new junk that fell onto the floor nearby or changing the opening the hostile NPC can use to spot me.

I always play RPG's using a stealth character and was extremely excited to do so in Cyberpunk.

Its very apparent that CDPR spent most of their time making a beautiful game world and skipped on a lot of BASIC game mechanics.

I hate to break it to you, you might just suck at stealth. I played the majority of my playthrough stealth, it wasn't easy, but it was not impossible. The only thing that sucks is the occasional accident where I dodge out into the open, but if you are careful, that can be avoided. Take stealth slow and ping enemies. Get the layout first, then start to take them out one by one.

Jesus fuck I had to go through a bunch of bullshit just to log in so I could write this tirade.

Its funny that theres always two types of people in these threads;
1. The "Yes I agree it can be crap at times but hang in there kiddo" type.

and

2. The "maybe if you take the dick out of your brain and stop jerking your chubby pud for a second you can just git gud like me cause im a legend. this game isnt hard you fuckin pleb" type.

The simple truth is, the stealth in this game sucks farts out of your colon harder than 10 shop vacs at once.
Its not that its Hard OR Easy. Its just garbage. Mainly because it's inconsistent and doesn't have the best AI programmed by what would be realistic or what you are used to in much better stealth games.

There is a larger debate about Hard vs Normal difficulty and how the game becomes a savescrubbing hell-hole. But I won't get into that, though I will still mention some of the differences.
Im also not going to talk about hacking as much since that can be an entirely different skill tree on its own.

When it comes to stealth, there are a few really clear ways to me that the game handles how you get through stuff.

One way is just by having perks and guns (silenced usually) that benefit by you just being able to hit people in the head.
Couple this with timing your shots and not having dudes see the guys you shoot, and you can walk through areas without much effort at all. The only time you might run into trouble is if you don't have some of the nifty skills such as the one which slows time when someone is seeing you or being alerted, or if you havent yet gotten skills the help you kill robotic types faster and have a bunch of them to go through. But still, generally being good with your head shots lets this be pretty easy, even if you are on Hard difficulty. This is when things go right and the game feels EASY.

Then there is the "Oh no, that one fukkin loser saw me while I was trying to shoot him or his buddy in their private parts but I missed because I cant control my mouse cause im a fuckin dunce" route; which also get split into two sub-catergories.

The first of these two sub-categories is if you happen to have some buttfucking dickfart see you AT ALL while trying to sneak. Then its game over. They inexplicably know where you are and suddenly everyone comes to put their meat poles inside your meat pole and detonate them, thus exploding your meat pole all over your meat self, and you die.

The second is if you happen to have some fart huffing taint licker see you after you shoot your gun and miss like a moron, then you run around a little bit and maybe try hiding somewhere and somehow the game decides they DONT actually know where you are. Then you just have to wait like 30 seconds and you can have another shot at being the failure you are.

Thats about it.

I can't fault the company too much for some of the bad mechanics. Theyve had a long time to make this steamy pile, of course. But to be fair, they also have literally written their own versions of mechanics for many types of features and gameplay that they didn't have in the witcher series.... Which lets all remember is like the ONLY thing these guys have one before.

Overall, yes the stealth is crap. But it seems like they want to improve the game. So here is hoping they see this entire thread and maybe make a few changes. Otherwise... idk whatever ive already put like 60 hours into the game so if it still sucks in 1 year I guess I wont come back to play it again.

I have zero points in stealth, and still stealth my way through at least half of most missions...

actually stealth is one of the things i felt the devs handled very well. you can stealth almost everything(except a few set pieces), if you want to be non violent in those, just equip the kiroshi threat detector mod or whatever that makes all your weapons non lethal

Have you tried a sniper build with a silenced legendary Overwatch. Very satisfying

Of course its no surprise....i ran my nomad netrunner through arasaka and made it all the way to the car without having to dash to the car with my ass on fire. Automatic combat didnt resume until i jumped inside the car. A quickhacker made the heist a really fun experience. The heck with stealth....its good to a point but thats about it.

i have no issues zooming in and out with the scanner, you just need to not be targeting anything. and using the scan toggle makes it easier (default caps lock).

Top Bottom