Steelbooks

+
Steelbooks

Loved the artwork on the steelbook of the CE (it kinda reminde's me of the old Star Wars movie posters =P). Any chance we can get the steelbook artwork for wallpaper? Thanks!

:hai:

(If you guys have found it please let me know =D)

I'm still a bit sad that they haven't chosen this artwork for the cover artwork of the normal DVD case:

View attachment 3879

But I like the artwork of the steelbook as well.

Attachments

• geralt_rivia.jpg
    geralt_rivia.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 115
Yea the runes look a little over-the-top but that was the image I was expecting to be on the standard case.

I really like the look of the Steelbook though. Since it makes it just Geralt's head and then has the alternate artwork underneath which looks fantastic and the white also seems to suit the steelbook better.

Great piece of artwork, can't wait to get my hands on it. The runes on the above pic are a little OTT, but who knows, perhaps they have specific meaning for the W3, special runes to fight the Hunt?

I wonder what kind of deal Webhallen has struck with CDPR/Namco Bandai that lets them sell the steel book separately from the CE if you preorder the regular retail edition.

Slovaks and Czechs (or basically everyone that has too much money at her/his disposal) apparently will be able to rotate between 3 steelbook artworks should they chose to buy both the Czech standard editions of the PC and any of the console versions of The Witcher 3, in addition to the Collector's Edition:

Last edited:
Sorry, but these are too diferent steelbook cases or front and back of the same? beautiful designs btw!
:huh:

It's two different cases, the first one with the blueish artwork comes with either the XBone or PS4 Standard Edition and the second one, featuring Geralt impersonating Escape Plan-Arnold Schwarzenegger (minus the receding hairline) with the PC Standard Edition of Zaklínač 3: Divoký Hon.

And yes, CDPR should totally sell posters with all three steelbook artworks some time after the release. Or at least make them available as hi-res images.

It's two different cases, the first one with the blueish artwork comes with either the XBone or PS4 Standard Edition and the second one, featuring Geralt impersonating Escape Plan-Arnold Schwarzenegger (minus the receding hairline) with the PC Standard Edition of Zaklínač 3: Divoký Hon.

And yes, CDPR should totally sell posters with all three steelbook artworks some time after the release. Or at least make them available as hi-res images.

XDDDDDDDD

I support this idea!!!!

That art looks beautiful, i wished they used that for the regular edition's front cover.

I agree, though the marketing team totally knows what they are doing. They want a cover that will get the attention of mainstream/casual gamers or those unfamiliar to the series. I look at the steelbook art as a tribute to the fans as it totally appeals to (the majority of) us. I would definitely love to get some full-size posters of all three versions though.

Top Bottom