Still major crash at the beginning (1.04)

+
Still major crash at the beginning (1.04)

Hi CD Projekt Red!

I just want to make sure you are aware that the major issue in stability that is affecting me - and quite a few others as I noticed while browsing the internet - was still there in the latest patch (1.04).

I play on PC, specs at the end of the post. Basically the intro cinematic is fine, then I find Geralt in the bedroom. In my first tries, it crashed as soon as I went to the balcony, although it doesn't happen anymore. Maybe some of my tweaking did good. But it has however always crashed during the conversation I had with the old Witcher downstairs, at one point or another. The farthest I've gone being soon after I said that Ciri had been spoiled.
Then the screen turns black, the peripherals (keyboard, mouse, screen...) seemingly all disconnected (their lighting goes off and then back on). The screen does not recognize the computer until I manually force reboot the computer. Sometimes I still hear the voice of the conversation for a short while before the sound blacks out as well. It is possible my computer even already reboots in that process, as I have a SSD I can't be sure to notice, but in any case the screen remains black until I force restart. The bug was exactly the same on the balcony.

I have tried most solutions I read online: the game-ready Nvidia driver or the GTA V one, try different graphics settings (full screen/borderless window; hairwork off; field distance; etc);but nothing has worked except to get past the balcony.

My specs:
Intel Core i7-4790K (factory overclocked)
EVGA GeForce GTX 970 Superclocked ACX 2.0 (04G-P4-2974-KR) (factory overclocked, I read the problem might be there)
Asus Z97-A
Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 2400MHz 16GB (2x8GB) CL11
Samsung 850 EVO 500 Go SATA III (game installed there)
Asus Xonar DX 7.1
BenQ RL2455HM

Hi CD Projekt Red!

I just want to make sure you are aware that the major issue in stability that is affecting me - and quite a few others as I noticed while browsing the internet - was still there in the latest patch (1.04).

After much troubles on my rig and a lot of diagnostics, my solution was multi-fold. It pretty much fixed all crashing. I did a brief test by starting a new additional game, and it went right past that balcony issue without a hitch/hiccup/crash. Maybe it will work for you? Check the line item in my signature. :)

Nope, I was already using SSAO and already tried all the standard fixes you've listed. Thanks anyway for trying. At this point I'm not exactly expecting a quick fix anymore anyway, just letting the CD Projekt Red team know that the problem is still there to solve. It's going to need a patch or a new driver update, don't know exactly.

Top Bottom