Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

+
What you came up against is probably a mill variant of NG deck. This kind of deck isnt competetive and very easy to play around: if you think he's milling you -> dont help him. Just stop thinning your own deck. NG cant mill all 15 cards out of you, max 6-7 cards at best. If you have that many cards in your deck he'll not mill you and his Tibor wont be free 25, a but 25 with a downside of losing CA.

That's not a solution since he mills you regardless and it's not the only issue they have way too many tools. I wish Tibor alone was the problem.

I think its funny that Tibor is suddenly this massively OP card, when he literally hasn't changed at all for the past 2 months.

The problem isnt with Tibor, its that no one is running cards that benefit from card advantage right now. Wait for the meta to settle and when people get finished playing with their shiny new cards, and we go back to geralt igni, scorch and other big swing cards that rely on CA and you will see Tibor go from being an A+ card down to A or B+ like he was before.

cheeto101;n8674620 said:
I think its funny that Tibor is suddenly this massively OP card, when he literally hasn't changed at all for the past 2 months.

The problem isnt with Tibor, its that no one is running cards that benefit from card advantage right now. Wait for the meta to settle and when people get finished playing with their shiny new cards, and we go back to geralt igni, scorch and other big swing cards that rely on CA and you will see Tibor go from being an A+ card down to A or B+ like he was before.

You fail to realise that the problem is that it dint change and it got buffed and most other factions got nerfed hard so that they dont get massive numbers like in CB so obviously it's broken now.

NightUltima;n8674750 said:
You fail to realise that the problem is that it dint change and it got buffed and most other factions got nerfed hard so that they dont get massive numbers like in CB so obviously it's broken now.

It didn't get buffed. Its the same as it was pre open beta. It got buffed in the patch prior to the open beta launch, but its because it was unplayable when it had the opportunity to draw your opponent a silver or gold card.

And yes, everything else got changed. But we arn't even a week into open beta and people are still figuring everything out. So calling things OP, broken, calling for nerfs etc. is a little ridiculous at this point in the game. The meta hasn't settled yet, there are still combos and plays to be discovered.

Millfgaard was a B tier deck prior to this patch and it might be an A tier deck now, but there is no way to actually know until everyone fills out their card collections, gets some solid time in with all the new cards and till we get something resembling a semi stable meta. Right now the meta is heavily skewed by card availability and the newness of everything. Chill your boots on the nerf talk and if Tibor is still going nuts in a few weeks, then we can look at nerfs. Just enjoy the chaos that the meta currently is in right now and experiment.

cheeto101;n8674830 said:
It didn't get buffed. Its the same as it was pre open beta. It got buffed in the patch prior to the open beta launch, but its because it was unplayable when it had the opportunity to draw your opponent a silver or gold card.

And yes, everything else got changed. But we arn't even a week into open beta and people are still figuring everything out. So calling things OP, broken, calling for nerfs etc. is a little ridiculous at this point in the game. The meta hasn't settled yet, there are still combos and plays to be discovered.

Millfgaard was a B tier deck prior to this patch and it might be an A tier deck now, but there is no way to actually know until everyone fills out their card collections, gets some solid time in with all the new cards and till we get something resembling a semi stable meta. Right now the meta is heavily skewed by card availability and the newness of everything. Chill your boots on the nerf talk and if Tibor is still going nuts in a few weeks, then we can look at nerfs. Just enjoy the chaos that the meta currently is in right now and experiment.

What Chaos lol? It's almost every game vs Nilfgard, that's not Chaos that's just straight up unbalance, many people have all the cards that matter. Diversity is all gone. 85% NG then 10% SK games and the rest is some random ST + Monsters Frost.

NightUltima;n8675160 said:
What Chaos lol? It's almost every game vs Nilfgard, that's not Chaos that's just straight up unbalance, many people have all the cards that matter. Diversity is all gone. 85% NG then 10% SK games and the rest is some random ST + Monsters Frost.

Thats your own experience, but you shouldn't assume that it is representative of the meta as a whole. Personally, Ive seen more Skel QG than NG decks, and I have only run into Millfgaard once (the only deck archetype that Tibor can ever be considered problematic)

NG are Waaaaay out of line atm. Im a veteran of CCGs, migrated from magic to online CCGs. Started playing Gwent a few days ago and I can see NG have ALL the tools. Its not just card draw, its not just removals, its also INSANE power bombs that boosts your power higher than most dwarf or even Skellige decks.
I saw a new card yesterday dropped from NG, Tibor Eggbrecht. 25 power man that gives a free bronze that is revealed!
all I said is WTF and forfeited.

I mean seriously, Beta and everything but wow [h=2][/h]

cheeto101;n8671910 said:
lol its not even a week into the meta. Unless they spent 500-1000 bucks on the game, no one even has a full collection of cards.

How about we relax, play the game, and come back with our analysis of card balance when everyone actually has had some time to experiment with all the cards and combos and the meta is a little less tenuous?

Sadly some have and beating them constantly is very filling!

Most of the times NG plays a card that card somehow plays another card and so on.How is that fair in any way,cicling through your deck like that ?I do not have many combos or strategies in my deck but I have been constantly able to pull 3 Wild Hunt Riders on my board most of the time against other classes except NG.By the time I put one there is already a carcass near it.I destroy it with Triss and then another one comes and so on.At least let me use my Imlerith or other card that damage enemies to damage the carcass instead.And I have seen many times in this thread the argument "just put x card to counter carcass".And adding a card to counter a one specific class card is just bs since it increases your chances of winning against that specific class which uses that class card.

They are a bit much and with Emissaries and novices (spelling/names) it feels like they are playing 15 more cards than you. My only real gripe is how effing boring it is watching someone going through their cards/decks constantly. Same with Skellige and discard, yawn. Autopilot baby. Like watching a fat, sweaty, hairy dude autofelate. Do I sound cranky? I'm not, I swear.

It's strange when people complain so much about NG, but still use RNR in their weather decks. RNR is pretty much a no counter card, since you'e used you first lights/silver mage on their other weather cards. One card that can win the entire game for you. I face more RNR weather decks than NG, tbh

It's the community's job to break the game. It's the developer's job to make changes based on what is most played/not most played. That's just the natural ebb and flow of any online game.

It's not the cow carcasses that bother me about NG. It's the fact that they can LITERALLY play every single one of their cards within the game. It wouldn't be so troublesome if they didn't have so many cards that have amazing abilities.

-Resilence
-10 str buff
-spy buff (they have like 10 spies or so it feels like)
-reset AND damage
-spawn special cards
-revive from enemy grave
-Clear Skies/buff combo

And that's just very small portion of things. I've seen people complain about ST dwarf and Monster weathers, but you can literally get 1 maybe 2 cards and counter so much that those decks have. For NG you basically need to build a whole new deck to fight them. I'm not saying that NG is unstoppable but I'm saying that it's obvious how absurdly power they are compared to the other decks. I don't think they need an extreme nerf, but toning some of the cards down just a slight bit that makes it to where it doesn't feel like such an uphill battle would be nice. Hell to be honest, I would give my right testies to see a damn NR deck in Rank 11.

Didn't see many posts that mention Tibor. That card might be the most overpowered card in the game right now, and it isn't even close.

Trantyn;n8724720 said:
Didn't see many posts that mention Tibor. That card might be the most overpowered card in the game right now, and it isn't even close.

I agree... especially in combination with other NG cards that mess with the opponents graveyard any gold with more than 20 strength too punishing. The only card that is messed up like that seems to be Kayran (Monsters). And yes, I know that D-Bomb for example helps against Tibor but usually you can't risk to save that up for a Tibor that might show up or not - there are a lot of other dangerous cards.

Hjalmar in comparison to this comes with a lot more risk and the opponent has more ways to counter it. So that gold card I find a lot more acceptable.

Anyhow, given the fact that gold cards are now a lot more powerful than at the beginning of open beta, huge golds IMO are just not a good idea in terms of balancing.

NG might be the most well rounded faction in the game. They just have so much going on for them. I think they need a little bit of tweaking to bring them in line but other factions need a lot more work. NR is utter trash. Monsters are a mess and mostly just spam weather. NG is actually one of the best created factions. I hope all factions can be so interesting.

p.s. I have never played NG before.

Top Bottom