Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

+
Stop abusing Nilfgaard till further nerfs.

Guys seriously. We all know NG is a little bit too strong. But is this a reason why 8 on 10 matches I have played was NG?
To be honest. For me this is clear abuse of OP fraction and its lame. I understand this is only a game, unfair, but still game. Just dont do lame things.
Regards.

OP is that you can pick up a card, and replace it so Nilfgaard can easly rotate own deck till what he wants. Also units like Scorpios that hit You, and you cant do anything.
This fraction is just too safe to play. Look ST. To win with ST you need a bit of luck. To win with NG You just need shards and cards...

I'm honestly glad reveal became a better archetype to play. It used to be pretty bad in closed beta. I think you should you find a way to deal with it instead of complaining that it's too "unfair." Every faction can have really strong plays. I don't even play reveal Nilfgaard (I plan on doing so tho) and I still win my with NG deck.

PandaLin;n8656200 said:
My friend, please tell me what part of Nilfgaard is op so I can try to help you a bit? Rot tosser? Reveal cards? Spy's?
This. We have to explain exactly which game play/mechanisms (spy, reveal) or which specific cards need nerfing. Such complaint doesn't really help at all.

doskol;n8656240 said:
OP is that you can pick up a card, and replace it so Nilfgaard can easly rotate own deck till what he wants. Also units like Scorpios that hit You, and you cant do anything.
This fraction is just too safe to play. Look ST. To win with ST you need a bit of luck. To win with NG You just need shards and cards...

Picking up a card, do you mean the emissary, vicovaro novice, Stefan & John Calveit? And more, I don't remember NG has a "Scorpios". If you mention Scorch, it is a neutral card actually.

Last edited:
doskol;n8656240 said:
Are you seriously complaining about fire scorpion? There is nothing wrong with nilfgaard at the moment imho

Honestly NG is op right now because its the faction that changed the least from the close beta. Impera brigade, Emissary, Ambassador, Vicovaro medic, Combat engineer, Nauzicaa brigade, Rot tosser, Mangonel, Alchemist, Vattier, Vingefortz, Steffan, Assire,Xarthisius, Nilfgaardian Knight stayed the same with some of them with 1 o 2 less power.
They also buffed Tibor, Serrit, Peter Saar, Fringilla, Sweers, Fake Ciri, Auckes, Joachim and many more.

Meanwhile NR and Monsters changed soo much no one knows how to make a decent deck

If its balanced why 80% of players I encounter are Nilfgaard? If its nothing wrong how its possible they have all units in hand more than 10 hp, if its not op why we I am supposed to rebuild WHOLE deck to counter NG? (Tosses, that I cannot snipe down, like before, coz all nongold ST units are hitting only enemies, reviving tons of Mangonela that can hit together with scorpions? Rotating own deck multiple times to have always perfect hand? Or buffing own unit up to 60+ and then Resilience with engineer? ) You want to tell me its ok when they have SO BIG CONTROL all around?

Naelyan411;n8656580 said:
playing rot tosser 5 times in a game is a problem

There are more counters than ever to rot tosser now, the big one being Bloodcurdling Roar which is a neutral.
But now most units are agile, they can move, even NR has that weird medic ability which is more or less a 4 STR Vilgefortz.

Iuliandrei;n8656850 said:
There are more counters than ever to rot tosser now
Yes but why You have to build entire deck with some card that are only situational for Cow Carcsas? Tosser should have timer to summon carcsas in this way atleast we could snipe down before it spawns.

Lol that card is bad is every other circumstance. If i have to build an entire deck to counter one card than it is a problem card.

To put my input in here about nilfgaard:
-High value cards
-High value combo plays (often from doing one turn play)
-High amount of control

It's not that each card individually (exept for a handful few like cahir, auckes and peter to mention 3) makes the faction strong, its the sum of it all. They got everything and are very good at all aspects.
The only thing they do not run alot is specials, but for them drought or RNR is enough, but even then their golds are generally strong enough you can warrant not running those cards.

Auckes got double lock and damaged units, that shuts down entire archtypes reliant on a units effect (such as dwarves). In addition they got peter who reset the strength AND damaged the unit. Peter is madroeme with a body. Both are too strong individually and having both makes an insane toolbox.

Cards like Cahir and the guy who damages opposing units based on revealed units strength are both gold cards with insane high value. Add tibor to the box and nilfgaard possibly has the highest value gold cards of any faction. The fact that nilfgaard got 3 very good leader abilities that cahir can trigger when you need to for a 2nd use is unbalanced by itself and have lead to stupidly powerful plays.

Not only that, the silver who reveal a unit and gains it strength is way to strong too. Reveal KoB and she's a 25 str SILVER. I've seen her at 20 str alot too. But i guess on average she's around 14. Thats too much for having a positive effect. She synergizes with the guy who sets a opposing revealed bronze\silver str to 1 as well.

Then add spotters who often grow to be 14+ str units and imperia brigade both generating alot of power.

Rot tosser shenanigans happens too, sure they can be countered but nilfgaard has 3 of them and can replay them with emhyr\cahir\decoy to run the opponent dry of counters.

I won't go into much further detail, but simply put: Nilfgaard is overtuned, they got high strength units combined with excellent controll. A bad combination. Oh did i mention they get resilient on top of that?

Personally i don't meet too many NG players yet at lvl 7, but those i meet always beat the crap out of any deck i play simply because they have an insane toolbox coupled with high strength units.

Did i mention the faction single handedly shuts down entire archtypes? And not just one archtype? That should never ever happen.

Last edited:
Not complaining, bit NG is obviously unbalanced. They have innate access to everything from stealing units from your graveyard, locking, resetting units, resilient, sending opponents cards from deck to graveyard even if they haven't been played yet, wasting your draw with the stupid Guardian card and pretty good tempo and thinning with the leader summon... Not to even mention bugging with ambassador and the rot tossers.

One thing doesn't make NG unbalanced, the fact that they can do everything makes them unbalanced.

Nilfgaard is a joke of CDred. Very hermetic joke...
For me, everyone playing NG in this moment are abusers. Second thing is that at lvl 15 there is almost 80% people playing NG. 10% playing Skelige with wonderwomans and 5% is weather-monster and the rest. Those calculations are not strictly done, but something like this. E.G I have never met any good Dwarven build (I am playing hybrid, but I see that ST isnt as good as before in background of NG/Skel) and its very rare to lose against Northern Kingdom.

doskol;n8656660 said:
If its balanced why 80% of players I encounter are Nilfgaard?
Because it's easier to make a playable nilfgaard deck with only a few cards (since Cahir, the best NG leg, is free)? Because people like the faction? Because they want to try the new reveal deck? There are countless reasons.
Beside if we look just at this forum on the past 2 days they should nerf monster weather, nilfgaard, queensguards, RnR, morkvarg (lol), etc...
Seems like the hearthstone forums right now, ton of crying instead of l2p and learning how to counter stuff. And accepting that your deck cannot win every matchup.

doskol;n8656940 said:
Yes but why You have to build entire deck with some card that are only situational for Cow Carcsas? Tosser should have timer to summon carcsas in this way atleast we could snipe down before it spawns.
Lul double timer. Just say delete the card at this point. It's not even that good. Every class have pings. Every class have decoy. Every class can spawn garbage to block the carcass.
Between CB and OB i've yet to remember a single time that the carcass killed the unit i actually wanted to kill. Always locked/removed/decoyed/killed tiny garbage.

Last edited:
Trantyn;n8657090 said:
Not complaining, bit NG is obviously unbalanced. They have innate access to everything from stealing units from your graveyard, locking, resetting units, resilient, sending opponents cards from deck to graveyard even if they haven't been played yet, wasting your draw with the stupid Guardian card and pretty good tempo and thinning with the leader summon... Not to even mention bugging with ambassador and the rot tossers.

One thing doesn't make NG unbalanced, the fact that they can do everything makes them unbalanced.

This mentality is so frustrating. Everyone keeps equating "interesting" mechanics with "unfair" mechanics. There are entire threads demanding nerfs without a single post that talks about actual OUTCOMES. Great, they can resurrect cards. They can lock cards. None of that is meaningful in of itself.

It was the same thing with in closed beta with resurrection, and promotion, and the elven mercenary specials, and weather, and every single mechanic in the game. People were screaming bloody murder over resurrection chaining because it seemed so elaborate. But, at the end of the day, it only ever got people, what, 2, 3, 6 extra points?

That's not to say that there wasn't anything in closed beta that needed adjustment. In fact, there were a lot of adjustments that were needed, and it's great to see that CDPR made so many of them in open beta. But the fact that a faction can do something special (or 2 things or 10 things) doesn't automatically mean it needs to be changed.

For example, I got beat recently by a ST deck that focused on resilience. I ignored that aspect of the game when building my deck, and I got punished for it. In the context of that single game, I was helpless to do anything about it. They carried 40+ strength over into each round and rolled right over me. But it wasn't unfair. I readjusted my strategy, added some cards, and was able to win the next time I played a deck like that.

The ONLY thing that matters, if we're going to talk about something being "OP", is win rates. If, across a meaningful sample of players, one faction has a disproportionate win rate, that's great info and suggests a need for re-balancing. If that's not the case, then nerfs just end up making the game less balanced.

(Note: Making sure that all the factions are interesting and fun to play is also important. But that's a completely separate topic from whether some things are "unfair" or "OP".)

TL;DR: I'm not saying that NG is or isn't balanced. I'm saying that if you're going to argue about balance, you have to look at actual outcomes. Being able to do this or that doesn't matter if it doesn't lead to actual wins.

doskol;n8657890 said:
Yes, you can block once, second time, maybe even third... But what when they do more?...
Then stop playing 10+ power units alone on a row. Learn positioning. You can pass the round often enough if you win round 1. Etc...
All the usual l2p stuff.

Top Bottom