Swords hanging from horse

+
Swords hanging from horse

Are there any mods that show swords hanging from your horse? I have yet to read the books but i do know in the polish tv series Geralt often had his silver sword hanging from Roach. I think it would be nice to be able to attach a couple of swords from your inventory onto Roach's side for immersion purposes. Does anyone else have any ideas or input on this subject?

Are there any mods that show swords hanging from your horse? I have yet to read the books but i do know in the polish tv series Geralt often had his silver sword hanging from Roach. I think it would be nice to be able to attach a couple of swords from your inventory onto Roach's side for immersion purposes. Does anyone else have any ideas or input on this subject?

Uhm...maybe modifiying the meshes of the saddlebags.

Guest 2364765

Uhm...maybe modifiying the meshes of the saddlebags.
That would most likely work but i'm not sure that without functioning WCC_lite and knowledge on mesh systems in the red engine it'd be viable.
Stiff scabbards w/ swords would look silly, proper implementation would require adding some jiggle bones, but i'm not sure whether it's possible and how to do that.

Take it from me, before they fix mesh modding it's just not worth it. Getting new or outside things into the game is beyond a pain. We've got a whole team working on it and still having problems.

I have no idea of texturing in blender so i stopped my work as i saw my untextured triforcependant ingame :|

Ah. Yeah. Textures are tricky to get in. Modkit pretty much destroys specular and normal maps when you cook them. There's a way around this using hex editing, but I haven't been able to get it to work.

I am ignorant to how this all works so this is in no way meant to come across in a wrong way...
So i assume people can add weapons and armor etc to the game. But adding, in this case, swords to the left side of the horse is not easy because why? Is it due to the fact that the swords would have to move when the horse moves? Is that the problem? I know the scabbards/swords move on Geralt's back when he runs around so I'm trying to understand why it would be difficult to get them to move when attached to the horse.
I'm just trying to comprehend what you guys are talking about. Some of the language is beyond my understanding.
Thanks

I am ignorant to how this all works so this is in no way meant to come across in a wrong way...
So i assume people can add weapons and armor etc to the game. But adding, in this case, swords to the left side of the horse is not easy because why? Is it due to the fact that the swords would have to move when the horse moves? Is that the problem? I know the scabbards/swords move on Geralt's back when he runs around so I'm trying to understand why it would be difficult to get them to move when attached to the horse.
I'm just trying to comprehend what you guys are talking about. Some of the language is beyond my understanding.
Thanks

I'm pretty sure it's difficult to add anything into the game with the current set of modding tools. I haven't seen any new content created, the most I've seen is various different retextures.

I understand, Jason. I knew I had seen some weapon/armor reworks. I guess when I think back on it none of the mods I have seen were new weapons, armor etc... just revamps of what was currently already out there. Of course I may be wrong.

Top Bottom