Talents - info, recommended [SPOILERS POSSIBLE]

+
EDIT*****After much head banging, pain, and suffering, i *think* i figured out the skill system tree.Please let me know if im wrong.1. Combat Style : Strong SteelEach Combat style is devided by 5 trees or rather branches, which represent 4 possible combo sequences (lvl123+5)and 1 additional power up attack from level 4.That means if you have level 1 strong steel, the attributes or perks such as "cut at the jugular I"or "crushing blow I" will only affect the first combo sequence. Each attribute only affects it's level branch.Which means a level 1 strong steel + cut at the jugular I + crushing blow I will equal = +24 - +36 dmg +45% bleeding 2. Attributes : StrengthThe manual says: Note! All attribute related enhancements are cumulative.Which means strength stats from level 1 to level 5 all add up or stack.All level skills such as parry and vigor are also cumulative, meaning you keep both skills learned from level 2 and level 4.3: Signs: AardIm not quite sure about Signs, can someone please explain it to me?If i have a skill point in Aard level 1 and a skill point in student for a 180 degrees hit field,will i loose my student skill once i upgrade to Aard level2 meaning it will revert back to 90 degrees,or will 180 degree only apply to level 1 Aard strength ?If i upgrade Gust (Knockdown +25%) at level 2, will it stack on top of Gale(Knockdown +25%) at level 5for a total of +50% knockdown?I think sign intensity = more dmg for other signs, but how does intensity affect Aard, and what does +25% knockdown mean?When i use Aard level1 on Baargs they stay down and i can apply a finishing kill move, while other enemies get right up?

I've been wondering what are special attacks in fighting styles. I don't really know how to use them (why are they special?). Can somebody explain that a bit?

Blasting FistEffects: Increases chance of Knockdown.Notes: Works only with the special attack in the Strong Silver style.Requires: Silver TalentBurning BladeEffects: Raises chance of Incineration.Notes: Works only with the special attack in the Group Silver style.Requires: Silver TalentFazeEffects: Raises chance of Blinding.Notes: Works only with the special attack in the Fast Silver style.Requires: Silver Talent
Just to confirm:1. despite the usual association, the wind/air magic associated with knockdowns is associated with the STRONG style in silver and the fire magic is associated with the GROUP STYLE in silver? is this a typo/translation error?2. these attacks worth with the "special attack" yet ive yet to see any attacks that caused insineration by burning blade nor knock down by blasting fist... what exactly are these skills supposed to aid in melee and how?

Hi, I am going to be buying the witcher enhanced edition today and am wondering if anyone has any tips or advice for me, like certain strategies to use or what skills to lvl up first, if there are any certain skills one really doesn't need, anything like that. thnx

Also, The Witcher: Enhanced Edition is an amazing game so don't rush throughout the game but enjoy! :peace:There are a lot of interesting side-quests and optional quests to complete and they're so easy to miss...

The only newbie tip I have is:First level up, stick your talents in Strength 1, Strength 2, and Regeneration (or whatever the name is, under strength 2.Not the most efficient of starts, but for a first timer who's probably going to be exploring everything, +100 health and 1 health/second regeneration makes the game a fair bit more forgiving.

Talk to everybody (irrespective of the colour of the ring around the npc -- green is more important than blue, but they can all potentially give you valuable information)money (orens) is hard to come by at first, so loot everything you can and sell what you don't need and take every paying job you can find :wave: :witchmas:

Tlazolteotl said:
The only newbie tip I have is:First level up, stick your talents in Strength 1, Strength 2, and Regeneration (or whatever the name is, under strength 2.Not the most efficient of starts, but for a first timer who's probably going to be exploring everything, +100 health and 1 health/second regeneration makes the game a fair bit more forgiving.
Str 1, Str 2 and Dex 1, Dex 2, then Regeneration, Parrying and Dodging. And continue doing that once you get Silver and Gold talents; the basic Str and Dex upgrades are the best means of staying alive especially early on; as you said, it's more forgiving that way.

Actually, I reckon for silver and gold the basic stamina enhancements (and the pain and stun resistance talents under stamina 3 and 4 respectively) are more crucial for survival than strength or dexterity.Being outmatched happens sometimes, but being able to run around and heal up (under swallow, rubedo effect, and/or tawny owl) is usually effective.Getting hit by pain and stun can prove very quickly fatal.

thank you so much for all the tips, they have really helped, this game is really fun and you have all been very helpful : )

it is a little late for this advice :wall: but, DON'T! i can still find pre-ee copys on the shelves, but not the 1.3 patch, wich has most of the improvements in the 1.4 patch, but the origonal voice acting, not this subpar stuff that sounds like somebody is sitting behind a desk and reading a script :whatthe: stuff i noticed when i first fired it up after installing 1.4 :dead: second thing i noticed was changes in diagoluge that, combined with the first thing i noticed, made suspension-of-disbelef, essesintal in any game with a storyline, almost impossible.so to explore the alternate endings i went through the hassle of uninstalling/reinstalling the witcher :angel: and using the 1.3 patch i had saved from a previous update session, so that i might better enjoy replaying the game.

one thing I found VERY helpful for when I was still oren-less and early in the game.... dice gaming and fistfighting in the bars helps a lot when you are still busy scrounging for orens. And I found it helpful to add the "handle your alcohol" skill and the "learn herbalism" skills early on.

yes, fistfighting is easy and can be repeated endlessly ... and don't forget to double the initial wager :)-- spoilery info -- not exactly spoilers --at the hairy bear, you have Shani right there at the fireplace who heals Geralt regularly so you don't even need to wait very long between fights if you are not very good at them

The first time Shani did that, I was like, "Crap! Don't do that! The fighters are going to call me a cheat, start a real fight, then I'll have to kill 'em all!"

Okay, I've just hit Act II and I STILL can't gather herbs. At all. I've bought every plant book I can find, so it's not due to lack of knowledge about the plants. However, what I have noticed is that whenever I get new Talent Points to distribute I can't put them into the Herbalism talent because the game won't let me put Talent points in ANY branches beyond level I in either Intelligence or Stamina. I'm assuming that has something to do with it - is it some sort of weird bug in the game or am I missing something vital I have to do, game-wise, before I can unlock those abilities?Any advice gratefully received (I'll even try not to cry too hard if I have to re-install and start over again. :'( )

I'm not sure right now, but if I remember correctly, you will need the basic level of each branch before you can spend talent on the special abilities further down in the tree, so if you don't have the two green dots next to intelligence, you won't be able to get "herbalism". If you can't even pick the basic abilities to get to level 2, it seems that your installation is somehow corrupted. If that is the case, you will have to reinstall the game.

Grandempereor said:
you will need the basic level of each branch before you can spend talent on the special abilities further down in the tree, so if you don't have the two green dots next to intelligence, you won't be able to get "herbalism"
Exactly. Do you have Intelligenсe lvl2?

Top Bottom