The Case for 30FPS.... (PC)

+
Almost everyone with normal eyesight can notice things that last lot shorter.
Only if these things are bright.

Then their trail longer stays on the sensors of your eye. And your brain will be able to pay attention to these signals. I.e. object showed during 1/200 second, but in your eyes it stayed during 1/50 second or even longer.

Many people don't take it into account

Last edited:
Since when did we see the world in frames? :huh:
Talking about how many frames per second we can see isn't that straight forward.

I have a Evga 970 SC card and a i53570k cpu which is not overclocked at the moment (waiting on a new cooler) and I am running everything at ultra without motion blur as I hate it. And i locked my fps to 45 and the game keeps that framerate steady most of the time with the occasional dip to 40 or 35 on heavy forest areas when there is a storm. I also tested running the game at 30fps, and while at times it was ok, I just found it to be way to slow and laggy.

I think that anything under 40fps is to low. I don't mind the occational dip below, but it should be able to hold at least 40fps most of the time. Anything above that is just icing on the cake. I rather sacrifice some frames for some of the cool effects and larger draw distances.

Top Bottom