The combat system

+
Demut said:
oblem with boycotting any censored version. And I think that I can speak for the majority of other German TW1 fans. We'd just buy the uncensored version. Also, don't censor nudity either. Fuck the authorities in the USA who are responsible for messing up the first game. Stupid hypocritical bigots :mad: Who the heck do they think they are? Ruining a piece of art and telling adults what's "bad" for them.
It's true that we have a lot of stupid, hypocritical bigots here ... but the authorities didn't censor the game. What happened is that our largest retailer has a policy of not carrying games that have an Adults Only rating, and the publisher (Atari) didn't want to give up all of those sales. So the publisher insisted on toning down the version that was released to the American market so that our largest retailer would carry it. The government wasn't involved at all, and there was no official censorship. The publisher engaged in self-censorship, so as not to run afoul of a store's policies. Yeah, that store is stupid, but that's very different from having the "authorities" engage in official censorship.

I know that you have given up the 3 different combat styles. But I really liked the group style were different opponents were hit simultaniously. That not only looked great but it was less hectic when Geralt faced a group of weaker enemies.I hope you include a sword skill that brings this feature back!!!!! Maybe Geralt could learn a special attack were her hit points are spread on several enemies? I hated it in other rpgs when my character was surrounded by enemies and was hit from behind without being able to defend himself.

Corylea said:
Yeah, that store is stupid, but that's very different from having the "authorities" engage in official censorship.
The outcome is the same, so meh, who cares? Thanks for the correction though.

susi2 said:
Maybe Geralt could learn a special attack were her hit points are spread on several enemies? I hated it in other rpgs when my character was surrounded by enemies and was hit from behind without being able to defend himself.
I've read that they will also include that in the final game, so don't worry. Pirouettes, twisters etc.. will be back .

Pluum said:
Pluum said:
Maybe Geralt could learn a special attack were her hit points are spread on several enemies? I hated it in other rpgs when my character was surrounded by enemies and was hit from behind without being able to defend himself.
I've read that they will also include that in the final game, so don't worry. Pirouettes, twisters etc.. will be back .
Great thanx!

Hamenaglar said:
Will there be an option to pause the game, like in original?
I would like to hear the answer on this question too. It's very importaint feature in game for me.

I don't see why it should be excluded just like they will not exclude the different camera positions. I can't see them going the StreetFighter direction. and yeah, there is a lot of hopping around in the trailer but I think the guy just played it that way. Since there is clearly blocking (and maybe parades) you would need the rolls only to evade being surrounded. I always thought it looks stupid when Geralt stands there like a rock in the middle and chips away at his enemies without any movement. That's why the FCR mod makes the game more like I imagined it and in that Version (just like the strigga cutscene at the beginning of theWitcher) Geralt is more agile, evades more often. He is a swordmaster, unequalled in 1:1 combat but surviving constant backstabs is just ridiculous. we'll see how they handle it. as long as there are nice talents to learn and signs to mix in and .... !!!!!..... potions to drink and oils to apply I'm a happy witcher.

Top Bottom