The General Videogame Thread

+
I just finished Half-Life 2 for the first time in my life. I know, I know.

Are the add-ons - Episode One, Episode Two and Lost Coast - worth playing?

Impressions?

In my internet ramblings, I've just discovered PC master race was coined by Ben Croshaw in reference to the Witcher. One of those obvious cultural facts that somehow eluded me all these years. CDPR had a hand in creating the master race.

*salutes*

How do you like it?

I enjoyed them, overall. Episode 1 was a bit meh, took me 3 hours. Episode 2 was fun, though, so you should go through 1 anyway (took me 5-6 hours). I really liked the final fight in Episode 2. Though Alyx started getting on my nerve. I don't see why is this character appreciated, other than having the wits to wear clothes . She's a bit... dull, really, and just swoons over Gordon (who's also overrated - I'm not sure how he even is rated). Anyway, other than a few sections, it's more of the same, and short at that. My purchase (played a few months ago) was partly because I enjoyed the gameplay and mostly to see what Valve wanted to do in the aftermath of HL2's ending and where they story was taken.

Impressions?

In my internet ramblings, I've just discovered PC master race was coined by Ben Croshaw in reference to the Witcher. One of those obvious cultural facts that somehow eluded me all these years. CDPR had a hand in creating the master race.

*salutes*
Hey, slim, me and the guys have been talking, and, y'know, we think this rhetoric is kinda... toxic, yeah? So maybe we can tone it down a bit and stop contaminating our community, m'kay?

*salutes*

Grin. Of course. ARE WE NOT MIGHTY. Wait. I have a console less than...four feet from m.....AAaaagghhghghghghghghhhhhggurgkekkge. Le. Gurg.

It's a human tendency. That is, to be jerks.

A professor I had modelled human social organization as a recursive toroid, with an alpha group (in power) and an alpha complement group. Recursively each subdivides in their respective alpha and alpha complement, and so on.

PC and PS gamers make fun of XBox, console gamers make fun of Nintendo, PC gamers make fun of console gamers, everyone makes fun of call of duty gamers, adult gamers make fun of dragon age and skyrim fans, traditional RPG fans make fun of everyone, and so on.

We're just full of shit.

Do not listen to these naysayers and doubters, it is the manifest destiny of we the glorious few to lead this world into a new dawn, with mouse in one sturdy fist and upon the anvil of our keyboards we forge a brighter tomorrow. The PC Master Race were not created, we were not born, we emerged from the primordial mists, because the universe demanded that we exist.

In the beginning God said, "Let there be light!" And behold there was light, and it was good.
But then the face of the PC Master Race was seen moving in the heavens, and a voice was heard. "Too much bloom! Texture work looks a little sloppy!"
And chastised God did labour for five more days!

Amen.

http://nichegamer.net/2015/01/dontnod-entertainment-reveal-vampyr-a-pc-horror-rpg/

Remember Me developer Dontnod Entertainment is working on a horror RPG, dubbed simply “Vampyr.”

you’ll have to make as the doctor, true moral dilemmas where you’ll be fighting the urge to feed, while also trying to heal people. The tagline is reportedly ‘Take blood. Save a life’.

Interesting, wonder if this is partially based on the early 30s expressionist film of the same name.

Best of luck to them anyway, considering that this is their first foray into the RPG genre and Remember Me was a bit of a stinker.
And who knows, this turning out decent and raking in enough dosh on top of that could probably make CCP reconsider their erroneous ways of not giving the World of Darkness license out to a capable studio for the long overdue Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines sequel.

[video=youtube;-oTEZTq4dtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_3827371923&feature=iv&index=1&list=PLeImKFecYFCzKacBAZGzcJEVm9OWN1PFZ&src_vid=Aa-rfmbUG24&v=-oTEZTq4dtc[/video]

This game looks fun. I love the cute little ammo enemies. It's coming to PC too. It's like binding of Isaac (Top down shooter with progressing randomized rooms and items and a shop and such. 4 characters to choose from), but It appeals to me more than BoI does. Maybe it's the table kicking and all the neat guns and designs. It's not early access either so that's good.

Here's a bit of uncut gameplay from an early build https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjtMUFdWZ8A&

About TW2. I saw in some thread before it was mentioned that CDPR got a lot of sales for TW2 last year almost comparable to all sales prior to that. I can't find that thread now though. Are those stats published anywhere and was that claim correct?

Gungeon looks like a blast, I love top down shooters. On that Dontnod vampire RPG, the premise sounds a bit...Twighlight-y. I want to play as this guy, not some do-gooder doctor.

One month to go! I don't care about all the nay-saying articles about the game, I am sure I will enjoy it, even if it isn't revolutionary or amazing in every aspect. Uncharted's gunplay gets knocked on a lot and it's a loved series.The technical features of the game are impressive and there aren't enough steampunk/Victorian games in my opinion. Plus one of my friends formerly at Irrational is on it, so I gotta support it. :)

Top Bottom