The illusive next patch is still not here. Not surprised

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The illusive next patch is still not here. Not surprised

By the time they release this patch or the supposedly next big patch that I am really sure will fix the framerate/NPC/textures issues (NOT) most people will have either finished the game (if they could put up with the technical issues), are still stuck with a game breaking bug desperately awaiting a fix for many weeks or have just given up and gone off playing batman etc that does deliver 1080p at 30 fps (admittedly not as complex a designed game but nice to know they can code properly and it is Rocksteady).

I know Marcin repsonded recently to me saying some issues are more complex on consoles and we have our certification process. But the basic fact is besides a few quest bugs due the vast amount of the quests there are in this game, technical issues should have been ironed out in testing, they should have done far more alpha/beta testing with the PS4 version, as outside of Direct X they are obviously not as competent at coding. They maybe should have had a community testing it like with Destiny to iron out the multitude of bugs there have been and are still in this game.

Don't get me wrong, I like this game (besides one main quest bug & framerate in certain places) but I think us PS4 users have been let down completely (although I know PC/Xbox one users are having problems but not as many as PS4). I don't expect a game of this magnitude to not have any bugs on launch day, but performance issues should have never been an issue based on development time & delays and CDP bit off more than they could chew with their understanding of PS4 architecture and the performance issues will never been resolved with this game, unless they downgrade graphics & totally re-design which will not happen. Anyway I'm off to play Batman again and enjoy 30 fps at 1080p which should be the industry standard. Maybe CDP should have a chat with Rocksteady or Naughty Dog about coding on the PS4.

Last edited:
Agree with what you're saying, maybe the lack of experience on the ps4 tech and lack of proper testing lead to the shambolic experience for ps4 users. I've had plenty of performance issues with this game, I've left it on the shelf for now until it's fixed. I am disappointed CDPR released the ps4 version in such a crap state, I'm not insulting the gameplay as it's great but the performance is terrible.
Hopefully patch 1.06 fixes these game breaking bugs.

Agree with what you're saying, maybe the lack of experience on the ps4 tech and lack of proper testing lead to the shambolic experience for ps4 users. I've had plenty of performance issues with this game, I've left it on the shelf for now until it's fixed. I am disappointed CDPR released the ps4 version in such a crap state, I'm not insulting the gameplay as it's great but the performance is terrible.
Hopefully patch 1.06 fixes these game breaking bugs.

1.06 may fix game breaking quest bugs but will not fix performance. So unless you have a main quest bug I'd recommend finishing it, as there are other games to play and some good new ones coming shortly, plus Batman is released today.

1.06 may fix game breaking quest bugs but will not fix performance. So unless you have a main quest bug I'd recommend finishing it, as there are other games to play and some good new ones coming shortly, plus Batman is released today.
How do you know performance wont be fixed in patch 1.06? Just guessing?

How do you know performance wont be fixed in patch 1.06? Just guessing?
I'm basing it on the fact that a month after release they still haven't identified how to do it or optimised it enough to get it running smoothly. Unless they downgrade the game significantly my opinion is that it won't run at 30 fps in certain areas. I may be wrong and cdp may prove me wrong, but I'll bet I have finished the game well before that and moved on, unless I get another main quest bug.

I'd have to say the people at CDPR have pretty ploughing good knowledge of programming for the PS4. They're a studio of 230 people; the development budget was only something like $35m. That's nothing compared to Ubisoft's 9600 employees and the expensive fiasco called Assassin's Creed: Unity.

Cut 'em a little slack. I'm pretty sure they're taking the problems seriously. Maybe not seriously enough for some people's taste, but I'm still playing and still being entertained.

Just my two cents (or crowns or orens or florens, whichever you prefer).

I'd have to say the people at CDPR have pretty ploughing good knowledge of programming for the PS4. They're a studio of 230 people; the development budget was only something like $35m. That's nothing compared to Ubisoft's 9600 employees and the expensive fiasco called Assassin's Creed: Unity.

Cut 'em a little slack. I'm pretty sure they're taking the problems seriously. Maybe not seriously enough for some people's taste, but I'm still playing and still being entertained.

Just my two cents (or crowns or orens or florens, whichever you prefer).

I think everyone's problem is that they publicly announced that the patch would come out next week (last week) but it never did.

IF it's not ready then don't come out with a statement stating it was ready when it clearly wasn't ready, you're setting yourself up for failure and a huge backlash from your loyal customers.

Last edited:
That's the exact reason why people have become impatient. About the time we were expecting it (they did say it was in cert) they told us that it was still being worked on. Not good to lie to your concerned customers.

The basic issue is the game was released about 2-3 months too early. They should have got a community team to extensively test it and that would have removed many of the bugs and highlighted the performance issues to resolve before release. Don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed the game in sections but the game was released broken for many. I've had many quest bugs including 2 main quests that stopped me playing for a while. No game should be launched like this these days but this is a growing trend.

CDP need to learn from this mistake, but reading other forums their other games have had issues. All PS4 games need more beta testing before release with realistic release dates set by the business. As it currently stands and I am sad to say this I am not buying anymore games on launch date. It's happened too many times now and something has to change. CDP in all honesty must heart on heart have known the PS4 version of this game was broken in some ways and decided to release it anyway knowing they could try to patch it in the months following. This is not good enough. Many players have had to put this £50 game on the shelf while the broken game is fixed. Let's hope they do fix it but for me it will be a little bit too late for me to say I really enjoyed it and it is a game of the year contender.

Last edited:
No patch. LOL.

Batman Arkham Knight just released in AUS so going to play that. I have endured enough with Witcher 3 and framerate issues.

Time to be Batman instead of Geralt for awhile :)

Players are sick of waiting for the fixes, why don't they read the threads we are making here, start making some lists about the bugs and glitches we complain about, fix it one by one then release it to one patch? Isn't that simple if they just do it systematically? What are they going to reason out? Its hard to come by with the bugs and glitches? Then why release a game with so many FLAWS? I know the game is really good, story-wise, character-wise and graphics etc. however these bugs and glitches take away the fun and just giving players so much frustrations. I surely hope they would also prioritize console version not just releasing patches over PC and consoles are left behind by weeks! Sorry I am just telling how I feel right now. It seems that I am not getting my money's worth if this continues. Don't be mistaken, I love the game so much and I really wanna complete it 100% I am just frustrated about the bugs and quest that needs to be fixed that the developers are not fixing.

i am still at novigrad and will be shelving this game until the elusive 'big' patch appears
meanwhile i'm off to playing batman first

By the time the patch has been released all players have lost interest and switched to Batman or any other games. CD Projekt Red wake up! The game is awesome however its also awesomely BROKEN!

It seems pretty obvious to me that CDPR is going to combine 1.05 with 1.07. They really need to update us on this. Keeping us guessing just annoys us even more than the state of the game currently. Why should we have to wait for a patch to play the game? Then try to get us excited for patch 1.07. Hyping a patch is the most ridiculous thing. I'd rather be hyped for a working game IMO.

It seems pretty obvious to me that CDPR is going to combine 1.05 with 1.07. They really need to update us on this. Keeping us guessing just annoys us even more than the state of the game currently. Why should we have to wait for a patch to play the game? Then try to get us excited for patch 1.07. Hyping a patch is the most ridiculous thing. I'd rather be hyped for a working game IMO.
So true. I've not found any performance issues or ground breaking bugs in batman currently mmmmmmm.

So true. I've not found any performance issues or ground breaking bugs in batman currently mmmmmmm.
Keeping in mind though the two games are completely different. But yes, I am really enjoying Batman with out any issues (so far) I'm at the point in Witcher 3 that if I can't modify and mold my character the way that I want because of bugs, I'm just not going to play anymore. I'm talking about the Runes and Glyphs. Everything about them is broken. Can't trust any stats. Can't craft any runes/glyphs with loot. One rune can't even be placed in a weapon. I tested the rune/glyph bug for hours. At one point, I put three 5% bleed runes in my sword (15% chance to bleed) but instead of a small chance of bleeding, I apparently got 100% chance to freeze.

It would just be nice to know whether or not to expect the performance fixes in the next big patch or if we'll have to wait even longer. This stalling on even giving us this little bit of information is what's driving us mad. Yes CDPR we know you're "aware and working on it" but an ETA is the least you could do considering it's been out over a month now.

they need to learn on batman AK , day one patch is 3.5GB and it ploughing runs perfectly after patching, never encountered a single bug and nor dips or stutter in framerate while doing 200mph in batmobile or dive bombing across whole goddamn gotham city. now that's how you patch a game! not 500mb this , 500 mb that wtf will it supposed to accomplish e?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom